In order to help missionaries achieve their purpose (see Preach My Gospel, page 1), the MTC depends on exceptional returned missionaries to serve as teachers. As directed by the Spirit, teachers will:
- Guide, direct, train, and provide feedback to missionaries using Preach My Gospel and the approved curriculum.
- Prepare daily to train and meet missionary needs.
- Counsel and plan regularly with their companion teacher regarding missionary needs.
- Assist other teachers and missionaries as directed by leaders.
- Implement direction and training from the manager of training.
- Have served a full-time mission.
- Be worthy of the Spirit and have a current temple recommend.
- Be able to work five to six days a week, approximately 20 hours a week.
- Be prepared to receive approximately 20 hours of initial teacher training.
To apply to teach at the MTC, please contact the manager of training and operations:
+44 (0) 1257 226 155
Frequently Asked Questions
Job vacancies can become available at any time. Job vacancies will be advertised throughout the Europe Area; please see meetinghouse bulletin boards. It is not necessary to wait until a job is advertised to submit an application. All applications will be kept on file, and you will be contacted when a job is available.
When your application has been received, you will be notified by e-mail. We will contact your mission president(s) for a reference and, if selected, you will then be invited for an interview in due course.
All applicants will be invited to a formal interview with the manager and the MTC president to demonstrate their teaching ability for 20 minutes and demonstrate their ability to help a companionship of missionaries understand and apply a specific skill. Details will be given in writing before the event.
Your application is kept on file until you are no longer eligible for a position as an MTC teacher.
At the England MTC there are only two full-time staff members—the manager of training and operations and the supervisor of support services—in addition to teachers. Full-time positions will be advertised throughout the Europe Area when they become available.
Yes. This job is ideally suited to someone who is studying, as there are morning, afternoon, and evening shifts. Shift patterns are flexible and can be adjusted to suit most university timetables.