The missionary training center in Ghana, Africa, is located in the community of Tema, approximately 15 kilometers east of Accra, Ghana’s capital. Construction on the facility began in 2001, and it was dedicated on May 17, 2002. We celebrated the 10th anniversary in an area devotional at the MTC on May 17, 2012, with Elder John B. Dickson, Africa West Area President.
MTC presidents and their wives who have served in Ghana include the following:
- President and Sister Stephen M. Hadley 2002-2004
- President and Sister James W. Ritchie 2004-2006
- President and Sister Brent L. Nielson 2006-2008
- President and Sister David K. Harmon 2008-2010
- President and Sister Fredrick Froerer III 2010-2012
- President and Sister Stephen L. Graham 2012-2014
President and Sister Reid A. Robison 2014 – 2016
President and Sister Scott M. Brubaker 2016 – 2018
The Managers of Training and Operations who have served in the Ghana MTC include the following:
- Eugene Engmann 2002-2010
- Mathias O. Eguko 2010-Present
The climate in Accra is tropical and humid, with minimal variation in daily temperatures from the annual average of 81°F (27°C). There are two rainy seasons; one runs from April to July and the other from September to November. Average annual rainfall is about 30 inches, mostly coming between April and June.
Encyclopædia Britannica Online, s. v. "Ghana," accessed July 06, 2012.