In order to help missionaries achieve their purpose (see Preach My Gospel, page 1), the MTC depends on exceptional returned missionaries to serve as teachers. As directed by the Spirit, teachers will:
- Guide, direct, train, and provide feedback to missionaries using Preach My Gospel and the approved curriculum.
- Prepare daily to train and meet missionary needs.
- Counsel and plan regularly with their companion teacher regarding missionary needs.
- Assist other teachers and missionaries as directed by leaders.
- Implement direction and training from the manager of training.
Requirements to teach at the MTC include the following:
- Have served a full-time mission.
- Be worthy of the Spirit and have a current temple recommend.
- Be able to work five to six days a week, approximately 20 hours a week.
- Be prepared to receive approximately 20 hours of initial teacher training.
For further information on becoming a teacher at the MTC, please see the “Frequently Asked Questions” below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Direct your applications, curriculum vitae, and copies of your credentials to the following address:
Human Resource Manager
Africa West Area Office
57, Independence Avenue
Application for teaching at the MTC is always welcome. Hiring may occur at any time.
Applications received are kept on file. When there are openings, the applicants may then be contacted.
Teacher applications are kept for one year.