In order to help missionaries achieve their purpose (see Preach My Gospel, page 1), the MTC depends on exceptional returned missionaries to serve as teachers. As directed by the Spirit, teachers will:
- Guide, direct, train, and provide feedback to missionaries using Preach My Gospel and the approved curriculum.
- Prepare daily to train and meet missionary needs.
- Counsel and plan regularly with their companion teacher regarding missionary needs.
- Assist other teachers and missionaries as directed by leaders.
- Implement direction and training from the manager of training.
Requirements to teach at the MTC include the following:
- Have served a full-time mission.
- Be worthy of the Spirit and have a current temple recommend.
- Be able to work five to six days a week, approximately 25 hours a week.
- Be prepared to receive approximately 20 hours of initial teacher training.
For further information on becoming a teacher at the MTC, please see the “Frequently Asked Questions” below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Send in a CV with an application cover letter, together with a recommendation letter from your mission president and from your bishop.
Openings are always advertised and come up whenever current teachers change their circumstances due to full-time studies or other changes in their lives.
- If there are any vacancies available right away, you will be invited to come in for a brief interview with the manager and a member of her staff. You will also have a brief meeting with the MTC president.
- If you meet the established criteria, then you will go through a training process of 20 hours. An orientation will be given before training.
- After your training, an evaluation will be given to determine whether you make it through or not. If you make it through, then you are officially hired as a Casual Teacher.
- If there are no vacancies, you will be notified that your application has been received and will be kept on file until we have openings.
It will be kept on file for a year.
There are no other opportunities for employment at the MTC. All positions are Casual Teachers.
Teachers serve for a period of up to two years, but changes in your circumstances might require a shorter period of employment.