In order to help missionaries achieve their purpose (see Preach My Gospel, page 1), the MTC depends on exceptional returned missionaries to serve as teachers. As directed by the Spirit, teachers will:
- Guide, direct, train, and provide feedback to missionaries using Preach my Gospel and the approved curriculum.
- Prepare daily to train and meet missionary needs.
- Counsel and plan regularly with their companion teacher regarding missionary needs.
- Assist other teachers and missionaries as directed by leaders.
- Implement direction and training from the manager of training.
Requirements to teach at the MTC include the following:
- Have served a full-time mission.
- Be worthy of the Spirit and have a current temple recommend.
- Be able to work six days a week, approximately 25 hours a week.
- Be prepared to receive approximately 20 hours of initial teacher training.
- Be willing to work on holidays.
For further information on becoming a teacher at the MTC, please see the “Frequently Asked Questions” below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need to fill out an application form, which can be obtained from your mission office or by calling us at +632-683-7207. Submit this form either personally at the front desk or electronically through e-mail at MTC-Reception-PHL@ldschurch.org.
Openings vary throughout the year. The best way to find out is by calling our office or sending us an e-mail at MTC-Reception-PHL@ldschurch.org.
After we receive your application, you will be asked to obtain a recommendation from your mission president. We will send the recommendation form directly to him. He should fill it out and send it to us. He can submit it through e-mail at MTC-Reception-PHL@ldschurch.org or through regular courier. He may also personally hand it to us.
After evaluation by the screening committee, you will be notified through e-mail about the status of your application. You may also call or e-mail us to follow up.
Your application will be kept for one (1) year.
None. Other employment opportunities, such as maintenance and security, are handled through the local Human Resource Department.