A man or woman may serve as the stake music chairman. Under the direction of the stake presidency, the stake music chairman has the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a resource to the stake presidency on music matters.
- Arrange for music and musicians for stake conference sessions and other stake meetings and events as requested.
- As needed, provide training and support for ward music chairmen and serve as a resource to stake auxiliary leaders
- Recommend and supervise music training programs in the stake.
- Recommend and implement stake music activities as requested.