The bishop and his counselors oversee ward music. They have the following responsibilities:
- They call and set apart ward members to serve in music callings.
- They consult regularly with the ward music chairman to ensure that musical selections and instruments used in Church meetings are appropriate.
- They support a ward choir by encouraging members to participate and by making available a rehearsal time that is free of other ward conflicts.
- They encourage members to participate in congregational singing.
- They encourage members to use uplifting music in their homes.