Dear Primary leaders:
As you prepare your annual auxiliary training, we hope you will counsel together as a presidency and with your priesthood leaders regarding the needs of your leaders and plan training that will meet those needs.
As a general presidency, we also invite you to consider the following area of emphasis: strengthening faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and His Atonement through (1) Sabbath day observance, (2) teaching and learning doctrine at church and in the home, and (3) encouraging members to receive priesthood ordinances and keep associated covenants. The following resources are recommended.
Our sincere thanks for your service and example to children,
The Primary General Presidency
- Russell M. Nelson, “The Sabbath Is a Delight,” April 2015 general conference
- Tad R. Callister, “Five Ways to Become a ‘Teacher Come from God,’” Church News, July 21, 2015
- Robert D. Hales, “The Covenant of Baptism: To Be in the Kingdom and of the Kingdom,” Ensign, Nov. 2000
- “Teaching Children” in the Primary section of LDS.org
Additional Training Resources
- Rosemary M. Wixom, “A Christ-Centered Primary,” Primary auxiliary leadership training meeting
- “Part 1: Learning and Teaching,” auxiliary training
- “Members and Missionaries,” Hastening the Work of Salvation section of LDS.org