Dear Relief Society leaders:
In preparation for your annual auxiliary training, it is our hope that you will consider the needs of your sisters, counsel together with your priesthood leaders, and plan meaningful learning and teaching activities to address your sisters' needs.
As a Relief Society general presidency, we encourage you to remember the purpose of Relief Society—to help prepare women for the blessings of eternal life. We invite you to consider the following areas of emphasis that support the purposes of Relief Society as you plan your annual Relief Society training:
- Increase faith and personal righteousness—learning and teaching in the home and in the Church.
- Strengthen families and homes—improving Sabbath day observance at home and in the Church with a particular focus on worship during the sacrament.
- Help those in need—remembering the law of the fast.
We love and pray for you as you help our beloved sisters prepare for the blessings of eternal life.
The Relief Society General Presidency
2015 Training Resources
- “Teaching in the Savior’s Way,” in Teaching the Gospel in the Savior’s Way (2012), 4–5
- Relief Society general presidency, “Work of Relief Society Goes 'Hand-in-Glove' with Church Focuses,” Church News, Sept. 11, 2015
- “Church Leaders Call for Better Observance of Sabbath Day,” Mormon Newsroom, June 30, 2015
- Russell M. Nelson, “The Sabbath Is a Delight,” April 2015 general conference
- Henry B. Eyring, “Is Not This the Fast That I Have Chosen?” April 2015 general conference
- How has my faith increased as I have tried to be a better teacher and learner?
- How can I strengthen my home and family in seeking to make the Sabbath a “delight”?
- What testimony can I share with others about how living the law of the fast blessed me? What can I share with my family?