“Seek learning even by study and also by faith” (Doctrine and Covenants 109:7).
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland on preparing early:
- Several days before giving your lesson, read through it and begin to pray about it.
- Ponder, and seek inspiration. Ideas will come.
- Watch for real-life applications.
As you study:
- Ponder how the lesson relates to your own experiences, questions, and concerns.
- Strive for personal worthiness. The Lord will bless us in our righteous desires and faithful efforts to do the best we can.
- As the Spirit inspires you, write down your thoughts. Think about how you could use the teachings from the lesson in your own life.