Dear Sunday School presidencies:
As you prepare your annual auxiliary training, we hope you will counsel together as a presidency and with your priesthood leaders regarding the needs of your teachers. We hope you will plan training that will help meet those needs.
As a general presidency, we also invite you to reflect on the counsel given to leaders and teachers in Handbook 2: Administering the Church (2010), 5.5.4 in which the following teaching principles are highlighted:
- Love those you teach.
- Teach by the Spirit.
- Teach the doctrine.
- Invite diligent learning.
We express our love and gratitude for your dedicated service as you strive to, "strengthen individuals’ and families’ faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ through teaching, learning, and fellowshipping" (see Handbook 2, 12.1.1).
The Sunday School General Presidency
2015 Training Resources
- Tad R. Callister, “Parents: The Prime Gospel Teachers of Their Children,” October 2014 general conference
- Sunday School General Presidency, “What Manner of Teachers Ought We to Be?” Ensign, Jan. 2015, 60–63
- “Brother Tad R. Callister: Everyone Can Be ‘a Teacher Come from God,’” Church News, July 17, 2015
- “Brother Devin Durrant: Practices of ‘Gifted Teachers,’” Church News, Aug. 20, 2015