Audience: Families (children, youth, and adults)
Objective: Families will be able to capture and preserve their family story using the booklet My Family: Stories That Bring Us Together.
Help members capture and preserve their family story using the My Family: Stories That Bring Us Together booklet. You may want to post a message in your center inviting members to ask you for help. For example, “Ask us about the My Family: Stories That Bring Us Together booklet.”
Assist members in the following ways:
- Keep copies of My Family: Stories That Bring Us Together at the family history center to distribute to members as needed.
- Encourage members to start their family history by reaching out and talking to their parents and grandparents, gathering family photos and stories, and recording them in the booklet.
- Help members to complete the booklet by providing personal assistance, family or group activities, or classes.
- As you help members with the booklet, encourage them to share their stories with you and another if they feel comfortable doing so. Sharing family stories is a good way to invite the Spirit.
- Help those who have completed the booklet to transfer their family information, photos, and stories into Family Tree. If they don’t have a FamilySearch Account, help them to set one up.
- Help members select and print requests for temple ordinances for family members that they discover while completing the booklet.
- Encourage members to share their booklet and experiences of preparing names for the temple with family members.