1: Understand Your Calling
Learn about your calling and how family history is central to the work of salvation.
2: Coordinate the Ward Council's Efforts
Learn how to coordinate the ward council's efforts to encourage temple and family history work in the ward.
3: Direct the Work of Consultants
Learn how to effectively direct the work of family history consultants in the ward.
Additional Training and Resources
- Handbook 2, section 5.4 Read the section from Handbook 2 that outlines the duties associated with temple and family history work.
- Leaders' Secrets of Success Learn ten key principles that will help you be successful in planning, organizing, and implementing temple and family history work.
- Letter from the First Presidency, October 8, 2012 Read a letter from the First Presidency encouraging members to bring the names of their own ancestors to the temple.
- Prophets and Apostles Speak Watch messages from General Authorities of the Church on the importance of temple and family history work.
- Principles for Successful Family History Classes View a video with tips for conducting successful classes.
- Temple and Family History Course Materials Access materials for a beginning level class designed to help Church members start their family history research and perform temple ordinances for their ancestors.