“I hope that we welcome and love all of God’s children, including those who might dress, look, speak, or just do things differently. … Let us lift those around us. … Let us bestow … a special measure of humanity, compassion, and charity so that they feel, at long last, they have finally found home” (Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “You Are My Hands,” Liahona, May 2010).
Young Women leaders, you are encouraged to follow the Savior’s example of offering hope, understanding, and love to those who have disabilities. Get to know them and show genuine interest and concern.
- Members with Disabilities 21.1.26
- Young Women Who Have Disabilities 10.12.3
- Personal Progress with American Sign Language Interpretation
Personal Progress Resources
Resources are available for young women with special needs, as well as those needing American Sign Language interpretation. Links are available for both of these resources within each Young Women value. There are also resources listed on each value for all young women. You will find these links on the Personal Progress website.
- Personal Progress for those with special needs
- Personal Progress with American Sign Language interpretation
“Our True Identity,” President Dieter F. Uchtdorf