The purpose of the Young Women organization is to help each young woman be worthy to make and keep sacred covenants and receive the ordinances of the temple. To accomplish this purpose, Young Women leaders guide each young woman in accomplishing the following objectives:
- Strengthen her faith in and testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
- Understand her identity as a daughter of God.
- Be worthy by obeying the commandments and living gospel standards.
- Receive, recognize, and rely on the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
- Prepare for her divine roles as a daughter, wife, mother, and leader.
- Understand and keep her baptismal covenants.
- Learn more about the purpose and objectives of Young Women in Handbook 2: Administering the Church, 10.1.