- “Friend to Friend: Elder Holland” (May 1997 Liahona)
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland shares stories from his life and talks about how they have helped him understand the importance of the iron rod.
- “For Little Friends: Hold to the Iron Rod” (August 2006 Friend)
Children learn the safety that comes from following the iron rod. Includes a visual representation of some of the symbols of Lehi’s dream.
- “The Right Path” (May 2006 Friend)
After making a decision, Eric remembers the importance of following the straight and narrow path and seeking the tree of life.
- “The Scriptures Are the Word of God” (January 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Children can look up scriptures and match them with pictures of different things Lehi and Nephi saw in their visions of the tree of life.
- “Jesus Christ Is My Savior” (April 2009 Liahona and Friend)
This activity encourages children to identify the blessings Heavenly Father has given us by looking up scriptures written on the fruit of the tree of life.
- “Fun Page: Tree of Life Maze” (March 2000 Liahona and Friend)
Find your way through the maze to reach the tree of life.
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 6: Lehi’s Dream”: Windows Media Player | QuickTime
- Music: “He Sent His Son” (Children’s Songbook, 34)
- Music: “I Will Follow God’s Plan” (Children’s Songbook, 164)
- Music: “I Am a Child of God” (Children’s Songbook, 2)
- Music: “The Iron Rod” (Hymns, no. 274)
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus the Christ”
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Birth of Jesus”
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Crucifixion”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Lehi’s Dream”