- “Those Words” (December 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Shelby realizes she can be a courageous example to her friends by asking them to not use bad language around her.
- “‘Aren’t You a Mormon?’” (April 2004 Liahona and Friend)
When Lillie repents after using bad language, she decides to be more obedient and set a better example for her friends.
- “The Promise” (August 2000 Friend)
Hyrum must decide if he will honor his baptismal covenants, even if it means not getting paid.
- “Treehouse” (August 2003 Friend)
Jordan learns it is better to obey the commandments than to do something wrong for his friends.
- “Ben Obeys” (October 2006 Friend)
Ben learns that obeying rules and commandments keeps us safe.
- “Sharing Time: Nephi Builds a Ship” (March 1992 Liahona and Friend)
Print and cut out these figures to tell the story of Nephi building the ship.
- “Sharing Time: I Believe in Being Obedient” (May 1995 Liahona and Friend)
Children can read and color drawings about the obedient choices President Howard W. Hunter made as a child.
- “Sharing Time: Obedience Brings Blessings” (May 2001 Friend)
Prophets help us know and keep the commandments of God. Includes coloring pages of children keeping a variety of commandments.
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 7: Building the Ship” Windows Media Player | QuickTime
- Music: “Nephi’s Courage” (Children’s Songbook, 120)
- Music: “Keep the Commandments” (Children’s Songbook, 146)
- Music: “Choose the Right Way” (Children’s Songbook, 160)
- Gospel Art Picture: “Nephi Subdues His Rebellious Brothers”
- Scripture Figures: "Heavenly Father Commands Nephi to Build a Ship" (February 2012 Liahona and Friend)
You can use these figures to tell the scripture story found in 1 Nephi 17.
- Scripture poster: “Nephi” (August 2011 Friend)