- “Article of Faith 5” (May 2011 Friend)
An explanation of the Article of Faith and how a bishop calls someone to serve in the ward.
- “A Banner of Faithfulness” (February 2010 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf tells the story of John Rowe Moyle, who walked 22 miles each way to fulfill his assignment to work on the Salt Lake Temple, even after his leg was amputated.
- “Bishop, Help!” (April 2004 Friend)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks tells how a bishop has many duties in his calling.
- “The Blessings of Hard Work” (June 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Per G. Malm of the Seventy shares a story about the value of hard work from his first calling in the Church.
- “Called of God and Sustained by the People” (June 2012 Liahona and Ensign)
President Eyring teaches about the importance of sustaining our leaders in their callings. Includes a simple activity and explanation for children.
- “The Calling” (July 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A boy learns his father’s important calling is to draw a pattern for the oxen to be used in the Nauvoo Temple baptistry.
- “Callings and Prophets” (May 2003 Friend)
Elder Stephen L. West of the Seventy learned the importance of Church callings soon after he graduated from Primary.
- “He Said He Would Help” (March 2010 Friend)
A family learns their home teacher is the man Heavenly Father has asked to watch over them when they need help.
- “Just Like Grandpa” (September 2018 Friend)
William is sad he has to leave his friends in his ward because of his dad’s new calling in a sign-language branch. His mother tells him a story about his ancestor who was asked by Church leaders to move to a small town.
- “A Lesson in Respect” (October 2012 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson tells a story from his youth about a priest in his ward who took his responsibility to bless the sacrament seriously.
- “Making a Difference” (April 2010 Friend)
Ryan helps two boys return to activity in the Church by writing them a letter.
- “Matt and Mandy” (October 2012 Friend)
Matt learns about having the Lord’s help in callings when a new bishop is called in his ward.
- “Playing the Hymns” (May 2009 Friend)
Elder Lowell M. Snow of the Seventy tells how learning to play the piano as a boy prepared him to serve as a pianist and organist in his later Church callings.
- “Right-Hand Man” (November 2012 Friend)
An almost 12-year-old boy is bored in Primary until his teacher gives him a special assignment.
- “Sacred Ground” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson speaks of passing the sacrament to a brother in the ward with a disability.
- “Serving in the Church” (November 2009 Friend)
Sister Julie B. Beck, former Relief Society President, tells of the service her parents gave while living in Brazil while her father was a mission president.
- “Sustaining Bishop Sheets” (February 2007 Liahona and Friend)
A girl learns what it means to support and sustain the bishop.
- “The True Church” (March 2009 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring bears witness that men are called of God to serve in their callings.
- Trying to Be Like Jesus: “Our Perfect Example” (March 2012 Friend)
Ten-year-old Katie is in a bad mood until she helps her mom serve in her Relief Society calling.