- “A Birthday Wish Fulfilled” (August 2011 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares how children around the world showed charity after he asked members to find someone who was having a hard time and do something for them. Includes instructions for making a “warm fuzzy.”
- “Buddy’s Heart” (August 2012 Friend)
A young boy helps his friend feel better about himself after a car accident left him with scars on his face.
- “The Coat” (March 2012 Friend)
When he was young, President Heber J. Grant gave his new coat to a little boy who was cold.
- “Darren’s Friend” (February 2012 Friend)
Bryan learns from his brother Darren’s example when Darren shares all he can with a less-fortunate friend.
- “Emily’s Lawn Service” (June 2015 Friend)
Emily earns money by mowing lawns to give to a family with medical expenses.
- “A Father’s Charity” (September 1998 Liahona and February 1997 Friend)
A girl’s father shows charity by helping another girl feel included at a birthday party.
- “Friend to Friend: Choosing Kindness” (January 2007 Friend)
Elder Paul V. Johnson remembers his grandmother’s example of kindness, faith, and charity.
- “Give of Yourself” (April 1993 Friend)
Sara learns that you don’t have to be rich to be able to help others.
- “The Grump” (February 2013 Friend)
Lori learns to love and becomes friends with an elderly woman in her apartment complex.
- “A Heart Filled with Love” (February 2013 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring teaches that when we serve others, we feel Heavenly Father’s love. Includes simple activities.
- “How Can I Help?” (August 2000 Friend)
Elder Robert J. Whetten shares a story of a girl who gave her shoes to help children in need.
- “Learning to Serve Others” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson learned how to be charitable and serve others from his grandfather Thomas Condie.
- “Little Brother, Big Example” (May 2012 Friend)
A boy extends his effort to help those who have been in a flood.
- “Little Lamb” (April 1994 Friend)
Carrie learns how to love all creatures when she takes care of a lamb that was born with deformed legs.
- “Miles and Miles of Smiles” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Marcus prays to know whom he can serve.
- “Petey Didn’t Want to Be a Sunbeam!” (January 2004 Friend)
A boy fellowships a young sunbeam who is afraid in Primary.
- “Puppies and Bottle Caps” (June 2015 Friend)
A photo story about Ashton, who coordinates community service such as visiting sick and lonely people.
- “The Road to Jericho” (June 1993 Liahona and September 1991 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a story about his father being kind to a sick uncle.
- “Rosie Has All the Luck!” (March 1995 Friend)
A girl learns that part of charity is not envying others.
- “Showing Love through Service” (February 2015 Friend)
President Monson learned to and gave service as a child. Includes activities on how we can give service.
- “Small and Simple Things” (November 2009 Friend)
Two children learn of people impacted by a tsunami and give their money to help them. Their act of generosity prompts others to donate as well.
- “The Talent Show” (January 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A girl learns she has a talent of making others feel loved.
- “Three Milk Shakes for Malachi” (February 2013 Friend)
Cole keeps trying to bring his sick friend a treat even after he drops it twice.
- “Why is it important not to be jealous of others?” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on the subject.
- Coloring Page: “Because I am His child, I will serve God with all my heart, might, mind, and strength.” (October 2008 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Jesus Christ is the perfect example for me.” (April 2011 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “My family and I can serve others.”
- “Filled with Love” (February 2003 Friend)
Color in all the boxes that don’t contain a heart to reveal a message about love.
- “How You Can Help” (June 2012 Friend)
Instructions for making a comfort doll to help children in need.
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Washing the Apostles’ Feet”
- Music: “Go the Second Mile” (Children’s Songbook, 167)
- Music: “I’ll Walk with You” (Children’s Songbook, 140)
- Music: “I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus” (Children’s Songbook, 78)
- Music: “Jesus Said Love Everyone” (Children’s Songbook, 61)
- Poem: “Precious Gifts” (January 2010 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “I’m Learning the Ways of Jesus” (November 2010 Friend)
- Video: “The Coat: A Story of Charity”
A children’s story that depicts a young boy giving selflessly to another child in need.
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Unselfish Service”
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “Dayton’s Legs”
- Video: “Pass It On”