- “Apostles of Jesus Christ” (March 2012 Friend)
An explanation of ancient and modern-day apostles.
- “The Big Move” (August 2009 Friend)
When Seth’s family moves he learns that the Church is the same no matter where he lives.
- “The First Vision” (June 2008 Liahona and Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf tells how he knew in his heart and his mind the Church is true when he was a boy. Includes discussion questions.
- “Jesus Christ Is the Head of the Church” (April 2013 Friend)
Brief explanation of how Jesus Christ told Joseph Smith to organize His Church.
- “Jesus Christ Names His Church” (August 1987 Friend)
Short illustrated story from the Doctrine Covenants about Jesus telling Joseph Smith what to name the Church.
- “Joseph Smith’s First Vision” (April 1995 Friend)
Elder M. Russell Ballard explains how Jesus organized his Church while He lived on the earth and how the Church was restored through Joseph Smith.
- “Junior Relief Society” (March 2017 Friend)
A historical story about Lorena Washburn and how she helped to organize the girls in her area into a junior Relief Society.
- “Questions and Answers about the Organization of the Church” (April 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A thorough explanation of the name and organization of the Church, as well as its purpose.
- “The Savior’s Church, Then and Now” (February 2003 Friend)
A printable flannel board story to use in telling the story of Christ establishing His Church in ancient and modern times.
- “Special Witness: Why does the Church have such a long name?” (April 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on the subject.
- “Special Witness: The Name of the Church” (February 2003 Friend)
Elder Russell M. Nelson discusses the origins of the name of the Church.
- “Take Care of Each Other” (July 2018 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring talks about how the Church is organized so that we can help each other.
- “Teaching Mrs. Greene” (October 2008 Friend)
Cindy teaches her teacher, Mrs. Greene, about the restored Church.
- “Trading Mountains for Trees” (March 2016 Friend)
Talmon, age 9, shares how he was nervous to move to a different place, but he discovers that the gospel is the same everywhere.
- “The True Church” (March 2009 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring testifies the Church is true and tells how he gained a witness the Church was true when he was young. Includes discussion questions.
- “What blessings do we receive through the restored Church?” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend)
L. Tom Perry mentions some blessings we receive through the restored Church.
- “What should I know about the Restoration of the Church?” (December 2008 Friend)
Elder L. Tom Perry explains the purpose of the Church today.
- “Why is our Church unique?” (October 2010 Friend)
Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some of his thoughts on this subject.
- “Article of Faith 6” (June 2011 Friend)
Includes a crossword using words from the sixth Article of Faith.
- “Church Words and Phrases Game” (October 1996 Liahona and July 1991 Friend)
Read the definitions and choose the correct answer.
- “Cross Connections: The Sixth Article of Faith” (June 1987 Friend)
A crossword puzzle using words from the sixth Article of Faith.
- “Funstuff: Hidden Picture” (June 2015 Friend)
What does the family have in its church bag?
- “The Great Work of God” (July 2012 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf explains some of the blessings of the Church. Includes an activity to look up scriptures about the blessings and match them to pictures.
- “Jesus Christ Restored His Church in the Latter Days” (April 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Make a gospel treasure box to remind yourself of the blessings of the gospel. Includes a brief lesson.
- “Jesus Christ Restored the Fulness of the Gospel through Joseph Smith” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Cut out two circles and attach with a brass fastener. Use the wheel to teach how Jesus Christ restored the fulness of the gospel through Joseph Smith .
- “Members of the Savior’s Church” (January 2003 Friend)
Cut out these figures and use them to illustrate the story about principles and ordinances we find in the Savior’s Church.
- “Presidents of the Church Maze” (May 2011 Friend)
Begin with Joseph Smith and follow the path to learn the names of Church presidents until you end with Thomas S. Monson.
- “The Restored Church” (April 2013 Friend)
Match the pictures with the scripture verses that describe them.
- “Sharing Time: I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ” (January 2003 Liahona and Friend)
An explanation of being a member of an organization. Includes a printable booklet about being a member of the Church.
- “Sharing Time: Jesus Organized His Church” (February 1991 Liahona and May 1990 Friend)
An explanation of the organization of the primitive church. Includes riddles about different priesthood offices.
- Gospel Art Picture: “Christ Ordaining the Apostles”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Christ Teaching the People”
- Gospel Art Picture: “The First Vision”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Christ”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Last Supper”
- Gospel Art Picture: “John Baptizes Christ”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Melchizedek Priesthood Given to Joseph”
- Image: “Administering to the Sick”
- Image: “Child Taking Sacrament”
- Image: “Girl Being Baptized”
- Image: “Girl Being Confirmed”
- Image Collection: “Latter-day Prophets”
- Music: “The Church of Jesus Christ” (Children’s Songbook, 77)
- Music: “The Sixth Article of Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 126)
- Music: “Tell Me the Stories of Jesus” (Children’s Songbook, 57)
- Sheet Music (simplified): “The Church of Jesus Christ” (April 2013 Friend)
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 15: Alma Teaches and Baptizes”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 8: Getting Ready for the Church of Jesus Christ (April 1830)”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 9: Organization of the Church of Jesus Christ (6 April 1830)”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 43: Jesus Christ Names His Church (April 1838)”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 65: The Church of Jesus Christ Today”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 18: Jesus Chooses His Apostles”