- “A Baptismal Blessing” (June 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Trevor is afraid of going underwater as he prepares to be baptized.
- “A Girl of Great Faith, Part Two: Courage in Independence” (July 2013 Friend)
Mary and her sister have the courage to save pages from the Book of Commandments in Independence, Missouri, as the printing press is destroyed by a mob.
- “Alia’s New Ring” (January 2015 Friend)
Alia followed the Holy Ghost’s prompting to be kind to her friend, even though it meant giving away a ring she liked.
- “Courage Counts”(November 2005Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson teaches that we must have courage to follow our Heavenly Father, just like the people in the scriptures did.
- “Dare to Stand Alone” (October 2013 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson tells about a time he had to have courage. Includes two simple activities.
- “Eli’s Operation” (March 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A boy gets a priesthood blessing before surgery, and gains courage from hearing about Joseph Smith’s surgery as a child.
- “Family Traditions” (September 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Christoffel Golden Jr. of the Seventy stood up to school bullies until they gradually lost their influence. When you stand for right, good triumphs.
- “I Chose the Right” (September 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Ekene from Nigeria shares how he had to be brave in keeping the Word of Wisdom at a village ceremony.
- “Jehovah Saves Faithful Daniel” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Stories from the Old Testament about Daniel choosing the right.
- “Juliana Gives a Talk” (February 2015 Friend)
Juliana gives a talk about how much Heavenly Father loves her.
- “Katie V. from Florida” (April 2013 Friend)
Learn about Katie who has had to have a lot of courage as she deals with trials in her life.
- “Queen Esther Saves Jehovah’s People” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
The story of Queen Esther saving the Jewish people from destruction.
- “Shadows on the Wall” (June 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl finds comfort in Christ when she is scared during the night.
- “Standing up to a Bully” (July 2005 Liahona and Friend )
President David O. McKay (1873–1970) had the courage to stand up to a bully who tried to intimidate him on the baseball field.
- “Telling Secrets” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A girl decides to talk to her mom about a dangerous secret.
- “The Bad Movie” (June 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Evelyn decides to watch things only pleasing to Heavenly Father when her class chooses a movie to watch.
- “The Best Brigham Young” (January 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A girl tells the true story of Brigham Young after a school assignment portrayed him as dishonest.
- “Ty’s Courage” (February 2014 Friend) - English only
A boy is afraid when he has to have surgery but finds courage through prayer and the Holy Ghost.
- “Who Is Your Hero” (February 2015 Friend)
Ellie was too afraid to say that Jesus was her hero, but another boy in class showed her the way.
- “Writing It Right” (Sept 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Cara knew the truth. But would she be brave enough to write about it?
- “Saving the Book of Commandments” (July 2013 Friend) - English only
Find out what these two girls had to have to save the Book of Commandments.
- “When Should I Tell?” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A page to help children understand when they should speak up about a secret a friend tells them.
- Bright Idea Poster: “Be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you.” (October 2012 Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “Be strong of a good courage.” (March 2012 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “David and Goliath”(July 2010Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Esther Pleads with the King”(August 2010LiahonaandFriend)
- Music: “Dare to Do Right” (Children’s Songbook, 158)
- Music: “I Will Be Valiant” (Children’s Songbook, 162)
- Music: “Nephi's Courage” (Children’s Songbook, 120)
- Music: “Our Primary Colors” (Children’s Songbook, 258)
- Music: “Stand for the Right” (Children’s Songbook 159)
- Sheet Music: “Nephi’s Courage (Simplified)” (February 2012 Friend)
- Verse: “Courage” (July 2010 Friend)
We should have courage to follow Jesus Christ’s example
- Video: ASL Video, “Nephi’s Courage”
- Video: ASL Video, “Stand for the Right”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 34: Helaman and the 2,000 Young Warriors”
- Video: “Dare to Stand Alone”
President Thomas S. Monson shares an experience he had in the Navy when he had to stand alone.
- Video: For Little Friend, “Can't We Be Friends?”
Margaret finds a way to be friends with unkind girls.
- Video: For Little Friend, “Things Will Get Better”
Elliott learns that even hard things in life get better.
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 28: David and Goliath”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 43: Daniel and the Lions’ Den”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 45: Esther”
- Video: Prophet Video, “Joseph F. Smith”
Even when confronted by men who could hurt him, Joseph F. Smith would not deny his membership in the Church.
- Video: “The Lord Will Deliver Me”
Elder Dallin H. Oaks tells the story of David and Goliath.