Skip main navigation
- “Comforted by the Holy Ghost” (November 2004 Friend)
The Holy Ghost comforted President Heber J. Grant (1856–1945) when his wife and son passed away.
- “Comforting Lucy” (September 2009 Liahona and Friend)
The Holy Ghost comforts a girl who misses her grandma.
- “He Broke the Bands of Death” (April 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Patrick Kearon of the Seventy teaches that Christ broke the bands of death so we can live again.
- “He Lives” (April 2006 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) teaches that remembering the Savior’s Atonement brings peace.
- “Joy Cometh in the Morning” (April 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares how a young girl knew she would see her deceased mother again.
- “Just Keep Swimming” (July 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A girl from New Zealand talks about staying strong after her father died when she was 11 years old.
- “Live Worthily to Return Home” (December 2003 Friend)
Elder Wayne S. Peterson of the Seventy was comforted by the plan of salvation when his brother died. We should always live worthily to return home to our Heavenly Father.
- “Mom’s Rose Garden” (April 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Mike deals with his mother’s death by caring for her rose garden.
- “The Light of the World” (December 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Erin struggles to feel excited for Christmas after a classmate’s death, but a Nativity program reminds her that we can all live again because Christ was born.
- “Trust in the Lord” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Sister Elaine S. Dalton talks about trusting God after her father died.