Messages From Leaders
- “Jesus Knows Your Name” (March 2008 Friend)
Elder David S. Baxter of the Seventy talks about his childhood, and how he came to know that the Lord loves him.
- “Advice from a Friend” (September 2011 Friend)
Hallie, age 10, shares tips for other children whose parents are divorced.
- “A Different Christmas” (December 2016 Liahona and Friend)
Diego is sad about Christmas after his parents get divorced because he won’t be with his mom for Christmas, but then he decides to make it a happy one by helping his family do service.
- “Help! Questions about Divorce” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Child-friendly answers to common questions about divorce.
- “Missing Dad” (September 2011 Friend)
A locket helps Jaylee remember that she can feel close to her dad even though her parents are divorced.
- “The New Adventures of Matt and Mandy” (September and October 2014 Friend)
Part one: Mandy invites Audrey and her mom to family night.
Part two: In family night, Mandy teaches about how Heavenly Father loves all of His children.
- “Shelly’s Race” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A girl worries about many things, but finds comfort in prayer, after her parents get divorced.
- “Steven’s First Future Father’s Day” (June 2015 Friend)
Even though Steven’s dad isn’t in the picture, he can still celebrate Father’s Day by preparing to be a great dad himself!
- “Thankful for a Stepdad” (November 2014 Friend)
Max is grateful for his stepdad, even though he isn’t a member of the Church.
- “When I’m a Parent…” (June 2015 Friend)
No matter what your family life is like now, you can decide what kind of parent you will be one day!