- “Courage in a Cornfield” (July 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President James E. Faust retells the story about two pioneer girls who saved pages of the Doctrine and Covenants from a mob who destroyed the printing press.
- “Caroline and Mary Elizabeth Rollins” (March 1990 Liahona and January 1989 Friend)
A retelling of the story about two girls who saved some pages of the Doctrine and Covenants from a mob.
- “The Doctrine and Covenants” (February 1989 Liahona)
An explanation of why we have the Doctrine and Covenants and some things it contains.
- “The Doctrine and Covenants” (December 1985 Friend)
Illustrated scripture story tells about how Joseph Smith was commanded to publish revelations in the Doctrine and Covenants.
- “Doctrine and Covenants—Voice of Warning to All People” (January 1989 Friend)
Highlights some important things about the Doctrine and Covenants.
- “Interesting Facts about the Doctrine and Covenants” (February 1993 Friend)
Information on how to better understand this book of scripture.
- “Search These Commandments” (January 1989 Friend)
Thoughts from Church presidents on the importance of the commandments in the Doctrine and Covenants.
- “Church History Reading Challenge: The Restoration” (January 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Color the numbered picture as you read selections from Joseph Smith—History and the Doctrine and Covenants.
- “Doctrine and Covenants ABC’s” (October 1989 Friend)
Each player, in turn, picks a letter from a pile, reads the clue and has two minutes to find the answer in the Doctrine and Covenants that starts with that letter.
- “Doctrine and Covenants Scripture Pictures” (March 2001 Friend)
Find the picture for the missing word in these sentences. Answers are in the Doctrine and Covenants.
- “Doctrine and Covenants Scripture-Story Grab Bag” (November 2001 Liahona and March 2001 Friend)
Cut out words and place in bag. Have a player pick a card and tell what the card reminds him or her about the Doctrine and Covenants or Church History.
- “Doctrine and Covenants Quiz” (February 1989 Friend)
Complete the sentences with the best word from the list.
- “Places in Early Church History” (November 1997 Friend)
Crossword puzzle and map of places mentioned in the Doctrine and Covenants.
- Music: “As I Search the Holy Scriptures” (Hymns, no. 277)
- Scripture Figures: “The Book of Commandments” (June 2017 Friend)
Mary Elizabeth and Caroline Rollins saved pages from the Book of Commandments.
- Sheet Music: “Scripture Power”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 23: The Doctrine and Covenants (August–November 1831)”
The Lord tells Joseph to publish the revelations of the Lord. This book is called the Doctrine and Covenants.
- Video Collection: Doctrine and Covenants Stories