Messages from Leaders
- “Be a Shining Example” (August 2015 Friend)
Elder Bruce D. Porter shares stories of how his children were examples of faith, kindness, reading the scriptures, and courage.
- “Becoming Like Jesus Christ” (January 2009 Liahona and Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf explains that having faith in Jesus Christ means completely relying in Him.
- “Be Not Afraid” (February 2005 Liahona and Friend)
- When President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) left for a mission, his father handed him a card on which were written five words: “Be not afraid, only believe.”
- “Faith Lights the Way” (August 2003 Liahona and Friend)
As a young man, President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) rode trains that hurtled through narrow mountain passes at night. It helped him understand how the light of faith can guide us through dark times of discouragement.
- “The Faith of His Parents” (January 2005 Liahona and Friend)
President David O. McKay’s (1873–1970) parents had faith even after two of their children died and David’s father was called to serve a mission.
- “Frame Your Life with Faith” (July 2006 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson (1927-2018) teaches us to have faith and shares a very special experience he had with children in Samoa.
- “How can I keep from being afraid when scary things happen in the world?” (September 2012 Friend)
Elder Russell M. Nelson teaches that through faith we can face difficult challenges.
- “How do I gain faith in the Lord Jesus Christ?”(September 2007 Friend)
Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “How I Gained a Testimony” (October 2011 Friend)
Elder Gérald Caussé explains how he gained a testimony from tiny seeds of faith.
- “A Lesson from Seeds” (September 2016 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf uses a parable to teach that if we plant and nurture gospel standards in our lives, we can receive great blessings.
- “A Prophet’s Pledge” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares how his ancestors gave him a legacy of faith.
- “The Shield of Faith” (July 2003 Liahona and Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles teaches that the teachings of Christ unite parents and children in faith.
- “Three Ways to Build a Strong Testimony” (May 2009 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson (1927-2018) gives three ways to fortify our faith.
- “Truth Will Prevail” (September 2006 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) teaches us to overcome fear with faith, just like Daniel did.
- “What is a testimony, and how can I get one?” (April 2014 Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar shares thoughts on the subject.
- “Alma Teaches about Faith” (June 1994 Liahona and November 1993 Friend)
An illustrated retelling of the scripture story.
- “The Best Test I Ever Failed” (January 2015 Friend)
A girl learns that she has to study for a test in addition to praying for help.
- “Jesus Christ Is Our Savior” (March 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Jairus showed faith in Jesus, who raised his daughter from the dead.
- “Lead Me, Guide Me” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A brother and sister have faith that the Lord will help them find their way home in an unfamiliar country.
- “Moving” (May 2012 Friend)
When Jose’s family moves, he is comforted by scripture stories of other families who moved. He decides to trust Heavenly Father.
- “The Opposite of Fear” (January 2007 Liahona and Friend)
A young girl uses faith to overcome nighttime fears.
- “A Prayer for Safety” (February 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A young girl relies on her faith as she offers a prayer for help.
- “Seeing God’s Prophet” (May 2018 Friend)
Norah is sad because she wants to meet the prophet in person. Her mom teaches her about believing in things even if we can’t see them.
- “Sister in Name and Faith” (April 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Two sisters in Romania talk about how they strengthen their faith.
- “Standing Up for Faith” (May 2007 Friend)
A family stands up for their faith in Jesus Christ despite a serious threat.
- “The T-E-S-T” (October 2018 Friend)
Sister Sharon Eubank shares how her father helped her remember to have faith and courage when tested.
- “A Voice of Peace” (August 2018 Liahona and September 2018 Friend)
Grace Vlam was a nine-year-old girl living in Holland in 1940, during World War II. Nazi Germany had just begun attacking Holland.