- “Alma Teaches about Faith” (June 1994 Liahona and November 1993 Friend)
An illustrated retelling of the scripture story.
- “Be a Shining Example” (August 2015 Friend)
Elder Bruce D. Porter of the Seventy shares stories of how his children were examples of faith, kindness, reading the scriptures, and courage.
- “Becoming Like Jesus Christ” (January 2009 Liahona and Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf explains that having faith in Jesus Christ means completely relying in Him.
- “Be Not Afraid” (February 2005 Liahona and Friend) When President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) left for a mission, his father handed him a card on which were written five words: “Be not afraid, only believe.”
- “The Best Test I Ever Failed” (January 2015 Friend)
A girl learns that she has to study for a test in addition to praying for help.
- “Faith Lights the Way” (August 2003 Liahona and Friend)
As a young man, President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) rode trains that hurtled through narrow mountain passes at night. It helped him understand how the light of faith can guide us through dark times of discouragement.
- “The Faith of His Parents” (January 2005 Liahona and Friend)
President David O. McKay’s (1873–1970) parents had faith even after two of their children died and David’s father was called to serve a mission.
- “Frame Your Life with Faith” (July 2006 Liahona and Friend)
President Monson teaches us to have faith and shares a very special experience he had with children in Samoa.
- “How can I keep from being afraid when scary things happen in the world?” (September 2012 Friend)
Elder Russell M. Nelson teaches that through faith we can face difficult challenges.
- “How do I gain faith in the Lord Jesus Christ?” (September 2007 Friend)
Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “How I Gained a Testimony” (October 2011 Friend)
Elder Gérald Caussé explains how he gained a testimony from tiny seeds of faith.
- “Jesus Christ Is Our Savior” (March 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Jairus showed faith in Jesus, who raised his daughter from the dead.
- “Lead Me, Guide Me” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A brother and sister have faith that the Lord will help them find their way home in an unfamiliar country.
- “A Lesson from Seeds” (September 2016 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf uses a parable to teach that if we plant and nurture gospel standards in our lives, we can receive great blessings.
- “The Lord Provides the Way” (May 2005 Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) talks about arctic submarines and encourages us to trust in the Lord’s care.
- “Moving” (May 2012 Friend)
When Jose’s family moves, he is comforted by scripture stories of other families who moved. He decides to trust Heavenly Father.
- “The Opposite of Fear” (January 2007 Liahona and Friend)
A young girl uses faith to overcome nighttime fears.
- “A Prayer for Safety” (February 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A young girl relies on her faith as she offers a prayer for help.
- “A Prophet’s Pledge” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares how his ancestors gave him a legacy of faith.
- “Quest for Testimony” (August 2013 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring teaches about gaining a testimony and exercising faith.
- “Seeing God’s Prophet” (May 2018 Friend)
Norah is sad because she wants to meet the prophet in person. Her mom teaches her about believing in things even if we can’t see them.
- “The Shield of Faith” (July 2003 Liahona and Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles teaches that the teachings of Christ unite parents and children in faith.
- “Sister in Name and Faith” (April 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Two sisters in Romania talk about how they strengthen their faith.
- “Standing Up for Faith” (May 2007 Friend)
A family stands up for their faith in Jesus Christ despite a serious threat.
- “Three Ways to Build a Strong Testimony” (May 2009 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson gives three ways to fortify our faith.
- “Truth Will Prevail” (September 2006 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) teaches us to overcome fear with faith, just like Daniel did.
- “An Unshakable Foundation” (May 2013 Friend)
President Eyring shares how to build a strong foundation for your testimony.
- “A Voice of Peace” (August 2018 Liahona and September 2018 Friend)
Grace Vlam was a nine-year-old girl living in Holland in 1940, during World War II. Nazi Germany had just begun attacking Holland.
- “What is a testimony, and how can I get one?” (April 2014 Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar shares thoughts on the subject.
- “Be Not Afraid” (January 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a printable framed picture of the Savior with children.
- “Bible People with Great Faith” (May 2011 Friend)
Look up scriptures to solve this crossword puzzle.
- Coloring Page: “Faith in Jesus Christ” (June 2005 Liahona and Friend ) A picture of the Savior healing two blind men.
- Coloring page: “I follow Jesus Christ in faith when I make and keep my baptismal covenants.” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring page: “I have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.” (January 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I show my faith in Jesus Christ when I share the gospel with others.” (October 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring page: “My faith in Jesus Christ grows as I serve others.” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring page: “My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I follow His example and keep His commandments.” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring page: “My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I know He is my Savior and Redeemer.” (April 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring page: “My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I know who He is.” (February 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I learn about the Restoration of the gospel.” (May 2007 Friend)
- Coloring page: “My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I listen to the Holy Ghost.” (August 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring page: “My family can follow Jesus Christ in faith.” (July 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- “Faith Is Like a Seed” (July 2018 Friend)
A color-by-number activity.
- “Faith Is like a Seed” (March 2009 Friend)
A simple action poem about faith.
- Family Home Evening Idea: A Shield of Faith
“A Shield of Faith” (August 2004 Liahona and Friend) includes three family home evening ideas for building faith as a family.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Family Faith
Read President Boyd K. Packer’s “The Shield of Faith” (July 2003 Liahona and Friend). He says that making a shield of faith happens “in the family circle.” Have one member of the family draw the shape of a shield on a piece of paper, then cut it into pieces for each family member. On the pieces of paper, have each person write his or her testimony or draw a picture of an experience, such as prayer, that strengthened his or her testimony. Tape the pieces back together to form a shield again. Discuss how each family member’s faith can strengthen the faith of the other family members.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Faith like the Pioneers
Find a wagon, a wheelbarrow, or another kind of cart to pull. Go on a walk with your family and take turns pulling the cart. You could pack a sack lunch in your cart and have a picnic after the walk. As you walk, talk about the story “Family Faith” (July 2007 Liahona and Friend) and discuss the faith the Jarvis family must have had. During your picnic, talk about ways you can show faith as the pioneers did.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Overcoming Fears
Read “The Opposite of Fear” (January 2007 Liahona and Friend). What kinds of fears do you have? No matter what they are, you can find comfort in the Savior. Read Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin’s “How can I have faith when the world seems so scary?” to find some inspiring thoughts on overcoming fear (January 2007 Liahona and Friend). As a family, memorize the last three sentences by chanting them together. Repeat these words to yourself whenever you feel afraid.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Remembering Our Ancestors
Read the story about Anna and her great-great-grandmother in “Reunion Twins” (August 2005 Friend). Look at old pictures of your family members and tell your favorite stories about them. Who do you look like? Have they passed along any other traits to you, such as being a good friend or playing a musical instrument? How have their lives blessed yours?
- “Follow Him in Faith Sampler” (February 2007 Liahona and Friend )
- “Sharing Time: Faith Helps Us Choose the Right” (October 2002 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a door hanger activity.
- “Sharing Time: Faith in Jesus Christ” (February 1999 Liahona and January 1999 and Friend)
Includes instructions for making a booklet about how the word of God is like a seed.
- “Sharing Time: I’ll Follow Him in Faith” (June 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a printable mobile about faith in Jesus Christ.
- “The Wise Man and the Foolish Man” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A lesson and activity about the story of the wise man and the foolish man.
- Image Collection: “Plants”
- Image: Meme, Elder William R. Walker, “Live True to the Faith”
- Image: Mormonad, “Faith Without Works Doesn’t Work”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Abinadi before King Noah”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Alma Baptizing People”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Ammon Defends the Flocks of King Lamoni”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Brother of Jared Sees the Finger of the Lord”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Teaching in the Western Hemisphere”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Lehi and His People Arrive in the Promised Land”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Nephi and Lehi in Prison”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Two Thousand Young Warriors”
- Music: “Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 96)
- Music: “I Know That My Redeemer Lives” (Hymns, 136)
- Music: “I Pray in Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 14)
- Music: “The Church of Jesus Christ” (Children’s Songbook, 77)
- Music: “The Fourth Article of Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 124)
- Poem: “Faith” (March 1986 Friend)
- Poster: “Plant a Seed” (August 2007 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Faith” (April 1990 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “I Have Faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ” (October 2007 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “I’ll Follow Him in Faith” (February 2003 Liahona and Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Plant a Garden” (March 1997 Friend)
- Video: “A Mother’s Hope”
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf shares the faithful example of his mother.
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 14: Abinadi and King Noah”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 23: Ammon: A Great Servant”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 29: Alma Teaches about Faith and the Word of God”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 34: Helaman and the 2,000 Young Warriors”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 37: Nephi and Lehi in Prison”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 51: The Jaredites Travel to the Promised Land”
- Video: “Matt and Mandy” (April 2010 Friend)
Our faith can be strengthened by the Holy Ghost and the testimonies of the prophets.
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 29: Jesus Walks on the Water”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 33: The Prophet Elijah”
- Video: “One In A Million: Esther”
Esther’s faith and optimism helped uplift other children with cancer.