- “Anna’s Journey Part 1–Leaving Home” (July 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Anna traveled from Sweden to Utah as an early pioneer.
- “Anna’s Journey, Part 2: A Prayer in the Night” (August 2015 Friend)
Anna’s prayer was answered in an unexpected way.
- “Cemetery Impressions” (November 1982 Friend)
A visit to a cemetery can open doors to learn about family history.
- “A Century of Genealogy” (November 1994 Liahona and March 1994 Friend)
An explanation of how the genealogical society began and what it accomplished in the first 100 years of its existence.
- “Come Listen to a Prophet’s Voice: Your Fascinating History” (June 2005 Liahona and Friend)
President James E. Faust teaches that finding your ancestors can be one of the most interesting puzzles you work on.
- “Detective in the Family” (July 1991 Friend)
Emily learns how to enjoy a family reunion when she asks family members to tell stories.
- “The Ducks’ New Clothes” (July 2016 Friend)
A funny story about a pioneer family who made clothes for their ducks after their feathers were plucked.
- “Erika from El Salvador” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Erika loves helping with indexing using the FamilySearch program.
- “Family History 1-2-3” (September 2010 Friend)
Here are three easy steps for doing family history.
- “Family History Library” (September 2010 Friend)
Kelsie visits the Family History Library on Temple Square.
- “Family Treasure” (September 2012 Friend)
Nika learns about her ancestors while helping sort things after her great-grandmother dies.
- “Finding Grandpa Oskar” (August 2002 Friend)
Nathan visits a family history center and finds information on an ancestor.
- “Friends around the World: James H. from Utah” (May 2013 Friend)
This 11-year-old loves family history.
- “Grandpa’s Goodhue’s Hand-Me-Down Smile” (January 1987 Friend)
A young girl helps a photographer who is trapped in a creek with his wagon, then she teaches him about the importance of genealogy.
- “Hannah Goes to the Temple” (April 2013 Friend)
On the way to the Salt Lake Temple dedication a girl thinks about how the temple will bless her ancestors.
- “How Big Crow Became Echo Hawk” (November 2013 Friend)
Elder Larry Echo Hawk of the Seventy shares a story about one of his ancestors and encourages us to learn about our ancestors.
- “I’m Going There Someday” (July 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Mary writes about her first visit to the temple.
- “Lindsay’s Family Puzzle” (September 2015 Liahona and Friend)
Lindsay loves doing family history and finds comfort in the fan chart taped above her bed.
- “Matt and Mandy” (July 2016 Friend)
Matt and Mandy’s mother discovers that her second-cousin lives in Australia and it gets her family interested in where some of their other relatives might live.
- “My Family History Miracle” (February 2008 Liahona and Friend)
A young boy goes to the Family History Library with his father and has a wonderful experience.
- “A Priceless Heritage” (July 2016 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring shares a story about one of his ancestors who joined the Church in 1855. Includes a simple activity.
- “Reflections” (August 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A girl learns about her great-grandmother, who a hard life but put her trust in God.
- “The Story Rug” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Katy hears stories from her grandma while learning to make a braided rug.
- “Temple Time” (July 2015 Friend)
Kyle talks to his parents before their temple night.
- “Why is family history work so important?” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on the subject.
- Coloring Page: “Family Reunion” (September 2015 Friend)
- “Extra, Extra! Read All about It!” (March 2012 Friend)
Interview your grandparents to learn more about your family history. Includes tips and a list of questions.
- “Family History ABCs” (July 2004 Friend)
Using the clues, fill in the blanks with words about family history.
- “Family History Fun” (February 2011 Friend)
Help the boy at the bottom of this family tree identify his ancestors.
- “Family History Mystery” (January 2015 Friend)
Learn how to be a family history detective.
- “Family History Mystery: Pioneers” (June 2015 Friend)
Who was the first person baptized in your family? What was the story?
- “Family History Mystery: The Mystery of the Funny Story” (March 2015 Friend)
What’s the funniest story in your family?
- “Family History Mystery: The Mystery of the Journal” (November 2015 Friend)
Find out if your parents and grandparents kept a journal and copy one of their stories. Then use these ideas for writing in your own journal.
- “Family History Mystery: The Mystery of the Old Photograph” (April 2015 Friend)
Do your family photographs tell stories of your family?
- “Family History Mystery: The Mystery of the Recipe” (September 2015 Friend)
Collecting family recipes is a way of recording family history.
- “Family History Mystery: The Future Heirloom” (February 2015 Friend)
Think about a special item you would want to give your kids someday.
- “Family History Mystery: Your Baptism” (July 2015 Friend)
Record the story of your baptism.
- “Family History Scripture” (January 1993 Friend)
A word search with words from a family history scripture.
- “Family History Scroll” (April 2005 LiahonaandFriend)
Directions for making a scroll to enter family information.
- “Family Memory Bingo” (March 2016 Friend)
Watch family videos and look through picture albums to find things that match with the descriptions on the bingo card.
- “FamilySearch Sleuth” (July 2013 Friend)
Use clues to help Sam solve the FamilySearch records puzzle.
- “Family-Story Quiz” (September 2015 Liahona and Friend)
A game to help you learn more about your family and their stories.
- “Family Story Swap” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Here’s a game that can help your family members share stories with each other!
- “Grandma’s Trunk” (May 2006 Friend)
A game that involves reading word strips and guessing which item from an ancestor’s trunk the words describe.
- “I Can Climb My Family Tree!” (May 2013 Friend)
Fill out information about you, your parents, and grandparents.
- “My Family Tree” (October 2009 Friend)
A poem about family history. Includes tree to fill in your own family.
- “Puzzles and Games: Crossword Puzzle” (March 1972 Friend)
Complete a crossword puzzle with words associated with family history.
- “Seek and Find” (March 1982 Friend)
A word search with words associated with with genealogy.
- “Service Through Temple Work” (August 2002 Friend)
Cut and fold, then glue oxen to make baptismal font.
- “Sharing Time: The Heart of the Children” (August 2002 Liahona and Friend)
Includes instructions for making a mobile based on Malachi 4:6, turning the hearts of the children to the fathers.
- “Sharing Time: The Miraculous Story of Elijah” (September 1983 Liahona and February 1983 Friend)
Read statements about the prophet Elijah and match those statements to pictures.
- “Your Favorite Scripture” (October 2015 Friend)
Write your family’s favorite scriptures and how they have been helpful.
- Bright Idea: “The hearts of the children shall turn to their fathers.” D&C 2:2 (July 2013 Friend)
- Image Collection: “Family History”
- Music: “Families Can Be Together Forever” (Children’s Songbook, 188)
- Music: “Family History—I Am Doing It” (Children’s Songbook, 94)
- Music: “The Hearts of the Children” (Children’s Songbook, 92)
- Music: “I Have a Family Tree” (Children’s Songbook, 199)
- Music: “I Love to See the Temple” (Children’s Songbook, 95)
- Sheet Music: “Family History—I Am Doing It” (July 2003 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Truth from Elijah” (June 1983 Friend)
- Verse: “My Family Tree” (October 2009 Friend)
A poem about genealogy. Includes a family tree for you to fill in.
- Video: “A Child Shall Lead Them”
- Video: A Year on Temple Square, “Family History Library”
- Video: ASL Primary Songs, “I Love to See the Temple”
- Video: “Families Can Be Together Forever”
- Video: “Family History for the Whole Family”
- Video: “Hannah’s View”
An girl shares how she likes family history and how her family is preparing to go to the temple.
- Video: Our Values, “Why Mormons Do Family History”
- Video: "The Hearts of the Children"
An 11-year-old boy helps his family feel passionate about family history. Taken from the April 2013 Primary Leadership Training broadcast.
- Video: “Turning Hearts”
- Video Collection: Family History