- “A Century of Genealogy”(November 1994Liahonaand March 1994Friend)
An explanation of how the genealogical society began and what it accomplished in the first 100 years of its existence.
- “Cemetery Impressions”(November 1982Friend)
A visit to a cemetery can open doors to learn about family history.
- “Come Listen to a Prophet’s Voice: Your Fascinating History”(June 2005LiahonaandFriend)
President James E. Faust teaches that finding your ancestors can be one of the most interesting puzzles you work on.
- “Detective in the Family” (July 1991 Friend)
Emily learns how to enjoy a family reunion when she asks family members to tell stories.
- “Erika from El Salvador” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Erika loves helping with indexing using the FamilySearch program.
- “Family History 1-2-3” (September 2010 Friend)
Here are three easy steps for doing family history.
- “Family History Library” (September 2010 Friend)
Kelsie visits the Family History Library on Temple Square.
- “Family Treasure” (September 2012 Friend)
Nika learns about her ancestors while helping sort things after her great-grandmother dies.
- “Finding Grandpa Oskar” (August 2002 Friend)
Nathan visits a family history center and finds information on an ancestor.
- “Friends around the World: James H. from Utah” (May 2013 Friend)
This 11-year-old loves family history.
- “Grandpa’s Goodhue’s Hand-Me-Down Smile” (January 1987 Friend)
A young girl helps a photographer who is trapped in a creek with his wagon, then she teaches him about the importance of genealogy.
- “My Family History Miracle”(February 2008LiahonaandFriend)
A young boy goes to the Family History Library with his father and has a wonderful experience.
- “Reflections”(August 2011LiahonaandFriend)
A girl learns about her great-grandmother, who a hard life but put her trust in God.
- “The Story Rug” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Katy hears stories from her grandma while learning to make a braided rug.
- “Why is family history work so important?” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on the subject.
- “Extra, Extra! Read All about It!” (March 2012 Friend)
Interview your grandparents to learn more about your family history. Includes tips and a list of questions.
- “Family History ABCs” (July 2004 Friend)
Using the clues, fill in the blanks with words about family history.
- “Family History Fun”(February 2011Friend)
Help the boy at the bottom of this family tree identify his ancestors.
- “Family History Scripture” (January 1993 Friend)
A word search with words from a family history scripture.
- “Family History Scroll”(April 2005LiahonaandFriend)
Directions for making a scroll to enter family information.
- “FamilySearch Sleuth” (July 2013 Friend)
Use clues to help Sam solve the FamilySearch records puzzle.
- “Family Story Swap” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Here’s a game that can help your family members share stories with each other!
- “Grandma’s Trunk” (May 2006 Friend)
A game that involves reading word strips and guessing which item from an ancestor’s trunk the words describe.
- “I Can Climb My Family Tree!” (May 2013 Friend)
Fill out information about you, your parents, and grandparents.
- “My Family Tree” (October 2009 Friend)
A poem about family history. Includes tree to fill in your own family.
- “Puzzles and Games: Crossword Puzzle” (March 1972 Friend)
Complete a crossword puzzle with words associated with family history.
- “Seek and Find” (March 1982 Friend)
A word search with words associated with with genealogy.
- “Service Through Temple Work”(August 2002Friend)
Cut and fold, then glue oxen to make baptismal font.
- “Sharing Time: The Heart of the Children”(August 2002LiahonaandFriend)
Includes instructions for making a mobile based on Malachi 4:6, turning the hearts of the children to the fathers.
- “Sharing Time: The Miraculous Story of Elijah”(September 1983Liahonaand February 1983Friend)
Read statements about the prophet Elijah and match those statements to pictures.
- Bright Idea: “The hearts of the children shall turn to their fathers.” D&C 2:2 (July 2013 Friend)
- Image Collection: “Family History”
- Music: “Families Can Be Together Forever”(Children’s Songbook,188)
- Music: “Family History—I Am Doing It”(Children’s Songbook, 94)
- Music: “The Hearts of the Children”(Children’s Songbook,92)
- Music: “I Have a Family Tree”(Children’s Songbook,199)
- Sheet Music: “Family History—I Am Doing It” (July 2003 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Truth from Elijah” (June 1983 Friend)
- Verse: “My Family Tree” (October 2009 Friend)
A poem about genealogy. Includes a family tree for you to fill in.
- Video: Our Values, “Why Mormons Do Family History”
- Video: A Year on Temple Square, “Family History Library”
- Video: "The Hearts of the Children"
An 11-year-old boy helps his family feel passionate about family history. Taken from the April 2013 Primary Leadership Training broadcast.