- “1-2-3! We’re Here to Help!” (May 2013 Friend)
Tyler and Trey learn to help their mom around the house.
- “Anna’s Journey Part 1–Leaving Home” (July 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Anna traveled from Sweden to Utah as an early pioneer.
- “April’s New Wheelchair” (April 2015 Friend)
April’s Brother gets April to laugh as she learns to use a wheelchair.
- “Babysitting Blues” (July 2015 Friend)
A girl learns she can enjoy babysitting. Comes with tips.
- “A Bad Day Better” (June 2012 Friend)
Tanner helps his mother feel better.
- “Be a Family Builder” (September 2011 Friend)
An illustrated guide of the different families we belong to—immediate, extended, future, and ward.
- “Best Family Forever” (February 2014 Liahona and Friend)
After her friends leave her out, Olivia learns that her family members can be her best friends.
- “A Better Way” (July 2013 Friend)
Tom learns to forgive his brother after he is angry with him.
- “A Buggy for Mom” (May 2016 Friend)
Joseph earns money to buy a special gift to help his mother.
- “Bugs and Brothers” (July 2015 Friend)
Lacey learns that she doesn’t have to be irritated by her younger brother.
- “Calvin’s Awesome Space Jet” (March 2015 Friend)
Find out why Mom looked ready to cry.
- “Candy Apples” (April 2006 Friend)
Pam turns down a day at an amusement park to babysit her little brothers. Her service brings an unexpected opportunity to share her testimony of the importance of families.
- “The Candy Plan” (October 2015 Friend)
Josh shares his Halloween candy with others.
- “Cheering Up Grandpa” (April 2015 Friend)
Mike helped his Grandpa find joy after Grandma’s death.
- “Cousin’s Camp” (August 2004 Friend)
Chad’s grandparents have a special camp each year for all their grandchildren.
- “Daddy’s Sunshine” (March 2009 Friend)
A girl helps her father feel better after a hard day at work.
- “Daniel’s Example of Prayer” (March 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A young boy teaches his grandparents how to pray.
- “The Doll in the Green Dress” (October 2015 Friend)
Hannah shares a doll with her sister.
- “Enkhjin from Mongolia” (June 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Enkhjin loves visiting her country with her family and reading.
- “Eternal Families” (July 2004 Friend)
A short poem about eternal families.
- “Families Are Part of Heavenly Father’s Plan” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Just like Captain Moroni made a banner to remind his people of the importance of families, we have the family proclamation to remind us.
- “Find that Dad” (June 2015 Friend)
Match children to dads in this illustration.
- “Fishing Buddies” (March 2016 Friend)
Jacob doesn’t want to celebrate his birthday at his grandparents’ cabin after his grandpa dies, but he learns he can still enjoy himself and remember his grandpa. Includes some tips for what to do when someone you love dies.
- “Flashlight Family Night” (April 2016 Friend)
A story for young children about having family home evening with flashlights after the lights go out.
- “Forever Brothers” (July 2016 Friend)
After being adopted, Markus is sealed to his family in the temple.
- “Frankie, Child of God” (February 2005 Friend)
Frankie had been in many foster homes. It felt good to know he belonged to his Father in heaven.
- “The Funny-Face Fix” (June 2015 Friend)
Ben helped his mom by figuring out how to get his baby sister to stop crying.
- “Glad You’re My Dad” (February 2013 Friend)
Mark is sad that his dad doesn’t go to church, but realizes that he’s still a great dad.
- “The Gospel Is for Everyone” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf shares how he helped his family as a boy and testifies of the importance of the gospel. Includes a coloring sheet activity.
- “The Happy Book” (February 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Morgan cheers up her sister with a homemade book.
- “Helping and Loving” (May 2011 Friend)
This page includes a testimony from Sabrina who tries to be like Jesus by helping and loving her younger brother and sister.
- “Heroes and Heroines: A Brother Like Hyrum” (January 1988 Friend)
A summary of the relationship between Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum.
- “Honoring Our Parents” (June 2003 Friend)
Elder H. Aldridge Gillespieof the Seventy grew up in a very inactive home. He teaches that honoring your parents doesn’t always mean doing exactly what they do; it means doing what Heavenly Father wants you to do.
- “How Can The Scriptures Help Me?” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
President Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares thoughts on the subject.
- “I Talked to God as a Friend” (July 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Elder Juan A. Uceda of the Seventy tells how prayer comforted him when he was worried about family members who weren’t members of the Church.
- “I’ve Got This!” (September 2013 Friend)
Thomas uses the Friend magazine to teach his lesson in family home evening. Includes seven easy steps for creating a successful FHE.
- “Jesus Christ Is Born” (August 2008 Liahona and Friend)
An illustrated retelling of the story of Christ’s birth into a family.
- “Josh and the Dragon” (July 2011 Friend)
Josh wants to protect his little brother and sister from hearing a group of children swearing.
- “Knitting Our Hearts Together” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring teaches that a family can be united when family members of the family pray for and work toward unity. Includes a maze activity.
- “Letters from Grandma Whittle” (February 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Read about how Elder Richard G. Scott’s grandmother was a good example to him.
- “Lindsay’s Family Puzzle” (September 2015 Liahona and Friend)
Lindsay loves doing family history and finds comfort in the fan chart taped above her bed.
- “Little Brother, Big Example” (May 2012 Friend)
When Sammy donates to humanitarian aid, his older brother Benjamin does as well.
- “The Little League Lesson” (June 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Lindsay learns that she feels good supporting her younger brother.
- “A Lullaby for Nana” (March 2014 Friend)
Tanner wants to help his grandma sleep better.
- “Making a Family” (February 2009 Friend)
A girl remembers her adoption and is grateful for her family.
- “Making Room for Christmas” (December 2015 Friend)
Caitlyn’s family makes some changes to their calendar after Caitlyn notices they are so busy during December she doesn’t have time to really think about Christmas.
- “Matt & Mandy” (September 2015 Friend)
The Coopers have a tradition of doing a secret act of service every week.
- “My Brother Gary” (June 2006 Friend)
Elder Marlin K. Jensen talks about growing up with a brother with special needs.
- “My Family” (February 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Explanation on how Heavenly Father planned for us to come to earth and live in a family. Includes a pouch-making activity.
- “Natalie’s Father’s Day Card” (June 2013 Friend)
A girl is sad because she doesn’t have a dad to give her father’s day card to.
- “No Matter Who You Are” (July 2016 Liahona and Friend)
Andi is sad because her parents aren’t members of the Church and they haven’t been sealed in the temple, but her Primary teacher reminds her that she is a child of God and He will bless her and her family.
- “Not at Home, Not Anywhere” (July 2015 Friend)
Carter decides not to swear anymore.
- “Our First Family Home Evening” (April 2013 Friend)
A photo story of one family’s first family home evening.
- “Our Page” (December 2010 Liahona)
This page includes the testimonies of children from Taiwan and Spain who help their families.
- “Parker’s Pumpkins” (October 2015 Friend and Liahona)
When Parker grows up, he wants to be a missionary like his brother Eric.
- “A Perfect Match” (October 2006 Friend)
Larissa learns that families do not have to look like each other to be real families.
- “A Plan for Our Family” (January 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A boy talks about his baby sister was born premature.
- “A Prophet’s Counsel” (May 2001 Friend)
Deborah’s friends think her family is too big.
- “Question Corner” (February 2012 Friend)
My brother and I argue a lot. I want to be nicer, but it’s hard. What are some things I can do to stop fighting?
- Question Corner: “My grandpa has been so sad ever since Grandma died. How can I help him feel better?” (May 2016 Friend)
Several children provide answers to this question.
- “Room for Three” (December 2006 Liahona and Friend)
When Brent’s friends are over, Brent doesn’t want to play with his sister—until he learns the Christmas story.
- “Sealed Forever” (April 2013 Friend)
Taylor, age 10, tells about being sealed to her adopted sister.
- “Sharing Grandma” (July 2009 Friend)
Seth is sad that his grandparents are leaving to be missionaries, but his grandma reminds him that they are an eternal family.
- “Sisters in Name and Faith” (April 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Sisters in Romania are best friends too.
- “A Soft Answer” (April 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A girl learns to reply with kindness to her younger sister. Includes “soft-answer reminders” that children can color and cut out.
- “The Sparkly Rock” (June 2015 Friend)
Laney shared the beautiful beach with her aunt who was sick at home.
- “Steven’s First Future Father’s Day” (June 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Steven struggles with Father’s Day until he learns he can use the day to prepare to be a father himself.
- “Stirling’s Great Idea” (June 2013 Friend)
Stirling says a prayer and sings primary songs with his family to help them finish a hard hike.
- “The Story Rug” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Katy hears stories from her grandma while learning to make a braided rug.
- “Temple Time” (July 2015 Friend)
Kyle talks to his parents before their temple night.
- “Thanksgiving Bread” (November 2012 Friend)
Ying is embarrassed of her family’s Chinese heritage, but she learns that being different can be good.
- “That’s My Little Brother” (July 2012 Friend)
A young girl sticks up for her brother on the playground.
- “What Big Sisters Are For” (June 2012 Friend)
Amanda helps her younger siblings get ready for church and be reverent.
- “What do you love most about being a member of the church?” (October 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Children answer the question.
- “Who Loves You” (September 2015 Friend)
Heavenly Father sent you to be a very special part of your family who love you.
- “Why are families so important?” (August 2016 Liahona and Friend)
Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles teaches some important truths about the family. Includes a short biography about Elder Christofferson.
- “Why are families so important?” (October 2007 Friend)
Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “Why is it so important to spend time with our families?” (December 2013 Liahona and Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “15 Ways to Strengthen Your Family” (September 2015 Friend)
This word games gives ideas on how to strengthen family.
- “Brothers and Sisters of the Bible” (October 1983 Liahona and February 1983 Friend)
Match the brothers and sisters in the first column with the right sisters and brothers in the second column.
- Coloring Page: “Faith, prayer, repentance, and forgiveness strengthen me and my family.” (June 2009 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Family members have important responsibilities.” (March 2009 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Family Reunion” (September 2015 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Heavenly Father planned for me to come to a family. I can strengthen my family now.” (May 2008 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I am a child of God, and He has a plan for me.” (January 2008 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I came to earth as part of a family.” (February 2009 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I Can Help My Family” (September 2016 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I will strengthen my family.” (July 2009 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “My family and I can serve others.” (November 2009 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “My family can follow Jesus Christ in faith.” (July 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Temple blessings unite families.” (August 2009 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring page: “Where love is, we want to be” (November 2015 Friend)
- “Counting on Family” (July 2007 Friend)
An activity that allows young children to count how many family members they have.
- “Extra, Extra! Read All about It!” (March 2012 Friend)
Interview activity. Visit with grandparents and ask them questions about things they did when they were children.
- “Families Are Fantastic!” (October 2016 Friend)
Find a few different names for family members in this word search.
- “The Family” (October 2009 Friend)
A word search activity using names of people who are in families.
- “The Family” (February 2009 Friend)
A crossword puzzle with clues from “The Family: A Proclamation to the World.”
- “Family Faith” (July 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a family tree to cut out and write family members’ names on the leaves.
- “Family—Familia” (May 2011 Friend)
A word search using the Spanish translations for the names of different family members.
- “Family Fun” (September 2011 Friend)
Look for hidden objects in this picture of a family having fun together.
- “Family Fun Time: Getting Along” (March 2014 Friend)
A recipe for unity bread and friendship butter.
- “Family Fun Time: Sending Love” (February 2014 Friend)
A craft and recipe to help show family members you love them.
- “Family History ABCs” (July 2004 Friend)
Complete this family history alphabet.
- “Family History Scroll” (April 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Make a scroll just like the prophets did in ancient times.
- “Family-Story Quiz” (September 2015 Liahona and Friend)
A game to help you learn more about your family and their stories.
- “Family Story Swap” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Here’s a game that can help your family members share stories with each other!
- Family Home Evening Idea: Family Faith
Read President Boyd K. Packer’s “The Shield of Faith” (July 2003 Liahona and Friend). He says that making a shield of faith happens “in the family circle.” Have one member of the family draw the shape of a shield on a piece of paper, then cut it into pieces for each family member. On the pieces of paper, have each person write his or her testimony or draw a picture of an experience, such as prayer, that strengthened his or her testimony. Tape the pieces back together to form a shield again. Discuss how each family member’s faith can strengthen the faith of the other family members.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Family Memory Book
Cooperate to make a Family Memory Book (November 2005 Friend). If any family members are away serving missions or live far away, you may want to make another copy to mail them.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Honoring Parents
“Honoring Parents” (May 2004 Friend) includes three family home evening ideas and 20 questions for family members to get to know each other better.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Ideal Family
In Elder Richard G. Scott’s article “Heavenly Father’s Plan” (June 2003 Liahona and Friend), he teaches us that we can fulfill the purposes of our lives by working towards having an “ideal family.” What can we do to help create an ideal family? Read together the proclamation on the family for ideas. Then set a goal as a family to work on one thing that will help you reach this ideal.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Matching Families
Read “A Perfect Match” (October 2006 Friend). Together, come up with a list of what really makes a family “match.” Talk about how important love and respect are. Sit in a circle and have each family member say something they love and respect about the person to the right of them. (Note: this story is especially applicable for families with adopted children.)
- Family Home Evening Idea: Standing for Families
In “Candy Apples” (April 2006 Friend), Pam learns that sometimes showing love for our families can influence others. Make “Cinnamon Fruit Snack” (April 2006 Friend). For every apple or orange slice you eat, name one way you can be an example to your friends of how important families are to Heavenly Father.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Strengthening the Family
“Strengthening My Family” (June 2004 Liahona and Friend) includes three ideas for family home evening, including making a chain and reading certain scriptures.
- “Family Home Evening Wheel” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Make an assignment wheel to help with family home evening planning.
- “Family Memory Book” (November 2005 Friend)
- “Fixing a Bike” (November 2015 Friend)
Find the hidden items in this illustration of a girl helping her younger brother fix his bike.
- “Following Family Rules” (February 2013 Friend)
Some guidelines and ideas for setting family rules.
- “Funstuff: Hidden Picture” (June 2015 Friend)
What does the family have in its church bag?
- “Hidden Picture” (February 2015 Friend)
Find the hidden objects in this snowy neighborhood scene.
- “Hidden Picture” (October 2015 Friend)
Find the hidden objects in the picture of a family raking leaves.
- “Honoring Parents” (May 2004 Friend)
Includes an interview activity to fill out questionnaire about your parents.
- “I Can Help My Family Be Happy” (June 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A simple visual activity for young children.
- “I Can Live with My Father in Heaven Again” (February 2006 Liahona and Friend)
A picture strip activity to use while singing “I Am a Child of God.”
- “I Have a Family Here on Earth” (May 2008 Friend)
Includes instructions to make a windsock.
- “I Love My Family” (May 2010 Friend)
A hidden picture for children to color.
- “Kitchen Crafts: Family Picnic!” (March 2015 Friend)
Recipes for deviled eggs, sunshine punch, fruit kababs, and chicken salad sandwiches.
- “Love Is Spoken Here: Primary Songs about the Family” (February 2004 Friend)
A fill-in-the-blank activity using words from Primary songs about the family.
- “A Month of Summer Fun” (July 2013 Friend)
A calendar of fun things to do in the summer.
- “My Eternal Family” (March 2008 Friend)
Skip every other letter to find words about eternal families.
- “My Family” (March 2012 Friend)
An activity that teaches the ASL signs for family members.
- “My Family” (March 2009 Friend)
An activity that helps children learn about individual members of their families.
- “My Family” (February 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Make a message pouch with heavy paper or felt and insert messages for family members.
- “My Family Can Be Forever” (April 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Includes instructions for making a family tree.
- “My Family Tree” (October 2009 Friend)
Includes a poem and family tree for children to complete.
- “Proclamation on the Family Pyramid” (February 2004 Friend)
A word search activity with words from the proclamation.
- “Puzzle Page” (July 2013 Friend)
Find words about activities you can do together as a family in the summertime.
- “The Random Acts of Kindness Wall” (April 2015 Friend)
How many kind things can your family do for each other this month?
- “Strengthening My Family” (June 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a paper chain activity with pictures showing things that children can do to strengthen their family.
- “Testimony Toolbox” (April 2015 Friend)
Learn what tools you need to build a strong testimony.
- “Together Forever” (February 2002 Liahona and Friend)
Cut out and assemble this diorama depicting a family at the temple. Includes suggestions for things your family can do to be a forever family.
- “When I’m a Parent” (June 2015 Friend)
What kind of parent do you want to be? Pick what characteristics you want to have.
- Bright Idea Poster: “May your homes be filled with love.” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “Psalm 118:24” (January 2014 Friend)
- Gospel Art Picture: “Family Prayer”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Joseph and Mary Travel to Bethelehem”
- Image Collection: Children
- Image Collection: Family (Portraits)
- Image Collection: Infants and Toddlers
- Music: “A Happy Family” (Children’s Songbook, 198)
- Music: “Because God Loves Me” (Children’s Songbook, 234)
- Music: “Family Night” (Children’s Songbook, 195)
- Music: “Family Prayer” (Children’s Songbook, 189)
- Music: “Grandmother” (Children’s Songbook, 200)
- Music: “Here We Are Together” (Children’s Songbook, 261)
- Music: “Home” (Children’s Songbook, 192)
- Music: “I Am a Child of God” (Children’s Songbook, 2)
- Music: “I Love to See the Temple” (Children’s Songbook, 95)
- Music: “I Have a Family Tree” (Children’s Songbook, 199)
- Music: “Love Is Spoken Here” (Children’s Songbook, 190)
- Music: “Sing Your Way Home” (Children’s Songbook, 193)
- Music: “Teach Me to Walk in the Light” (Children’s Songbook, 177)
- Music: “Thanks to Our Father” (Children’s Songbook, 20)
- Music: “Thanks to Thee” (Children’s Songbook, 6)
- Music: “The Dearest Names” (Children’s Songbook, 208)
- Music: “The Family” (Children’s Songbook, 194)
- Music: “The World Is So Lovely” (Children’s Songbook, 233)
- Music: “When Grandpa Comes” (Children’s Songbook, 201)
- Music: “When We’re Helping” (Children’s Songbook, 198)
- Poem: “Cloud Watching with Grandpa” (June 2013 Friend)
- Poem: “Family Chorus” (February 2004 Friend)
- Poem: “Family Traditions” (September 2015 Friend)
A poem about family traditions, including going to church, family home evening, and scripture reading.
- Poster: “The Family” (February 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Includes illustrations for principles from “The Family: A Proclamation to the World.”
- Sheet Music: “Family History—I Am Doing It” (July 2003 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “The Family” (April 2004 Liahona and Friend)
- Sheet music (simplified): “Family Night” (July 2013 Friend)
- Simplified Sheet Music: “Families Can Be Together Forever” (September 2012 Friend)
- Video: “Because of James”
- Video: Matt and Mandy, “A Family Picnic”
The best thing about a picnic is being with family.
- Video: “Families Can Be Together Forever”
- Video: For Little Friends, “Daddy’s Sunshine”
- Video: For Little Friends, “Kendra’s Letter”
- Video: For Little Friends, “Mom’s Surprise Helper”
- Video: “My Brother Hyrum”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 5: Jesus Christ Is Born”
- Video: “Swashbuckler”
- Video Collection: Homefront TV Spots