- “A Garden Full of Blessings” (March 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Andrea works in the garden with her mom and learns why bees are so important for growing food.
- “A Great Saturday” (September 2011 Friend)
Ryan spends a Saturday preparing sacks of food for those in need and feels good about how he spent his time.
- “Changing Places” (June 2007 Friend)
A rebus story about putting on clothing.
- “Dressing Like a Deacon” (October 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Eli dresses like a deacon to get ready for church.
- “Garage-Sale Annie” (November 2013 Friend)
Annie likes the jeans she got at a garage sale until girls at school make fun of her.
- “Garden Plots” (May 1998 Friend)
A brother and sister learn about caring for plants when they work in a vegetable garden.
- “Hannah’s New Dress” (June 2011 Friend)
Hannah gets a new dress and learns how to wear it with a T-shirt so it is modest.
- “Maria’s New Dress” (February 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Maria learns the importance of listening in church instead of showing off her new dress.
- “New Shoes for Tillie” (October 2010 Friend)
Tillie gets new shoes because her father sacrifices his shoes.
- “Pioneer Parasols” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Christina lets her father exchange her lovely parasol for food.
- “Roberto Remembers” (November 1996 Friend)
A boy remembers to thank his mother for making him food to eat.
- “Rock Soup” (November 2007 Friend)
Eliza learns to be grateful for the food her family has to eat.
- “The Blessing Cantaloupe” (July 2011 Friend)
A family heeds the prophet’s counsel and plants a garden.
- “The Missing Egg” (December 2009 Friend)
The family needs to be creative with Christmas gifts and George works hard to give his mother a dozen eggs for Christmas.
- “The Right Dress” (January 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A young girl chooses to dress like the sister missionaries.
- “What Should I Wear?” (February 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Help these children decide which outfits are appropriate for different activities.
- “Egg Carton Garden” (April 2000 Friend)
Grow plants from seeds using an egg carton as a container.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Dress and Appearance
Do the “What Should I Wear?” activity (February 2007 Liahona and Friend). Then have family members dress for activities of their choice. For example, appear in your basketball or dance costume and say, “I’m going to Primary.” Let others say “do” or “don’t” and explain why.
- “Family Picnic” (August 2011 Friend)
Find the hidden pictures as this family shares a picnic.
- “Find the Fruits and Vegetables” (March 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Count the vegetables in Andrea’s garden.
- “Fun With Food” (July 1986 Friend)
Figure out what fruits and vegetables these clues are naming.
- “Healthy and Happy” (January 2012 Friend)
This activity can help you know if you are eating foods to help you stay healthy.
- “Let’s Plant a Garden” (May 2008 Friend)
An illustrated action poem about planting a garden.
- “Lily’s Sunday Morning” (November 2011 Friend)
Help Lily find socks and other items to get ready to go to church.
- “Pumpkin Patch” (October 2008 Friend)
Help these children find their way out of the pumpkin patch.
- Recipe Collection
- Image Collection: “Animals”
- Image Collection: “Food & Drink”
- Image Collection: “Plants”
- Music: “For Health and Strength” (Children’s Songbook, 21)
- Music: “A Song of Thanks” (Children’s Songbook, 20)
- Music: “Thanks to Our Father” (Children’s Songbook, 20)
- “My Garden” (May 2003 Friend)
An action poem about how to plant a garden.
- Poem: “Farm Visit” (October 2012 Friend)
A poem about foods that grow on a farm.
- Primary Symbols, “Clothes: Shirt, Pants and Socks”
- Primary Symbols, “Food: Fruit, Bread, Eggs, Milk”
- Primary Symbols, “Mother Cooking with Daughter”
- Primary Symbols, “Snack Time”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 28: Jesus Feeds 5000 People”
- Video: “Thanks Be to God”
Quotes about and pictures of welfare farms, set to the hymn “For the Beauty of the Earth.”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 40: Daniel and His Friends”