Messages from Leaders
- “Be More Forgiving” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley shares a story about a woman who forgave a young man who injured her.
- “‘Even as I Am’” (February 1999 Friend and March 2002 Liahona)
Elder Spencer J. Condie’s friend forgives a man after he hurts her in a serious car accident.
- “Forgive” (October 2005 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley shares how a false accusation, which was dropped, ruined a man’s life because he never forgave his accusers. The Lord can help us forgive others.
- “Love One Another” (June 2003 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares the story of a family who needed to forgive a bishop who had forgotten to unlock the church for a small child’s funeral.
- “Peace in Forgiving” (September 1994 Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer shares a story about a man who learned to forgive the doctor who was responsible for his wife’s death.
- “Asking for Forgiveness” (August 2009 Friend)
Haley shares how she felt forgiveness when she prayed after yelling at her brother.
- “A Better Way” (July 2013 Friend)
Tom is angry with his brother Michael after fighting with him but decides to forgive him after hearing a family home evening lesson on forgiveness.
- “The Big-Brother Trap!” (March 2014 Friend)
Megan sets a trap to get her brother back for teasing her but then learns she needs to forgive.
- “Calvin’s Awesome Space Jet” (March 2015 Friend)
Find out why Mom looked ready to cry.
- “Can’t We Be Friends” (January 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A child learns forgiveness by becoming friends with girls who are mean to her.
- “An Experiment in Forgiving” (April 2004 Friend)
Jared forgives his little sister after she ruins his science project.
- “Forgiving a Friend” (February 2010, Friend)
A girl talks about forgiving her friend.
- “Friendship Bracelets” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Angie’s feelings are hurt when her friend leaves her out and makes fun of her, but she prays to forgive her friend and find a solution.
- “Haircut Disaster!” (March 2018 Friend)
Max stays calm and forgives his mom when she messes up while cutting his hair.
- “Janie’s Seventy Times Seven” (September 1997 Friend)
A girl works hard to forgive her younger brother when he annoys her.
- “Jehovah Blesses Joseph’s Family” (April 2010 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Joseph of Egypt and his family.
- “Jesus Forgave” (August 2017 Liahona and Friend)
A retelling of how Jesus forgave and encourages us to forgive.
- “Joseph Forgave” (May 2018 Friend)
Some information and a hero card about Joseph of Egypt and how he forgave his brothers.
- “Joseph Forgives His Brothers” (May 2018 Friend)
A retelling for young children about Joseph of Egypt and how he forgave his brothers.
- “Learning to Forgive” (May 2003 Friend)
Jennifer shares how she forgave her friend after the friend hurt her feelings.
- “Let It Go” (June 2009 Friend)
A family has a special family home evening about letting go of hurt feelings and forgiving others.
- “The Lost Son” (April 2002 Liahona and Friend)
An illustrated retelling of the parable of the prodigal son.
- “Making Peace With His Enemies” (April 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Joseph Smith makes friends with those who try to harm him.
- “Mending Easter” (April 1998 Friend)
Davey forgives the boys who took his Easter candy.
- “My Friend Linda” (February 2006, Liahona and Friend)
A story about a girl who learns to be kind to a woman with disabilities.
- “Pebble of Forgiveness” (February 2003 Liahona and Friend)
Levi must forgive his brother Jason when Jason runs over Levi’s bike.
- “Poison” (August 2004 Friend)
Jeni learns that when we get angry and don’t forgive, we only hurt ourselves.
- “The Prophets’ Examples” (November 2000 Liahona and Friend)
The prophet Joseph Smith forgives his friend William W. Phelps.
- “Showing Forgiveness” (January 2011 Friend)
Dalton shares how he forgave his friend who hit him in the face with an ice ball.
- “Showing Sorry” (November 2009 Friend)
Eli learns that part of saying you’re sorry means helping to make things better.
- “Sticks and Stones” (September 2015 Friend)
Charlie decides to forgive his brother.
- “The Watermelon Thieves” (August 2015 Friend)
Joseph and his friends stole a prize watermelon and later repented of their bad choice.
- “The Yellow Dress” (November 2008 Friend)
A little girl learns about forgiveness after her mom gives away one of her dresses.
- “You Can Repent and Forgive” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A page about how to repent and forgive.
- “Cease from Anger” (February 2010 Friend)
A quiz about patience and forgiveness.
- “Family Fun Time: Forgiveness” (March 2015 Friend)
Ideas for a family home evening about forgiveness.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Forgiving Others
Read “An Experiment in Forgiving” and “Birthday Cookies” (April 2004 Friend). What did each of the children in these stories learn about forgiveness? Can you think of a time you forgave someone? How did you feel? Commit to follow the example of these children and be forgiving.
- “Following Jesus” (May 2013 Friend)
Three challenges that help us choose to forgive.