- “A Better Way” (July 2013 Friend)
Tom is angry with his brother Michael after fighting with him, but decides to forgive him after hearing a family home evening lesson on forgiveness.
- “An Experiment in Forgiving” (April 2004 Friend)
Jared forgives his little sister after she ruins his science project.
- “Asking for Forgiveness” (August 2009 Friend)
Haley, a 10-year-old from Canada, shares how she felt forgiveness when she prayed after yelling at her brother.
- “Be More Forgiving” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008) shares a story about a woman who forgave a young man who injured her.
- “Calvin’s Awesome Space Jet” (March 2015 Friend)
Find out why Mom looked ready to cry.
- “Can’t We Be Friends” (January 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A child learns forgiveness by becoming friends with girls who are mean to her.
- “‘Even as I Am’” (February 1999 Friend and March 2002 Liahona)
Elder Spencer J. Condie’s friend forgives a man after he hurts her in a serious car accident.
- “Forgive” (October 2005 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) shares how a false accusation, which was dropped, ruined a man’s life because he never forgave his accusers. The Lord can help us forgive others.
- “Forgiving a Friend” (February 2010, Friend)
A girl talks about forgiving her friend.
- “Friendship Bracelets” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Angie’s feelings are hurt when her friend leaves her out and makes fun of her, but she prays to forgive her friend and find a solution.
- “Janie’s Seventy Times Seven” (September 1997 Friend)
A girl works hard to forgive her younger brother when he annoys her.
- “Jehovah Blesses Joseph’s Family” (April 2010 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Joseph of Egypt and his family.
- “Learning to Forgive” (May 2003 Friend)
Jennifer, a 10-year-old from Virginia, shares how she forgave her friend after the friend hurt her feelings.
- “Let It Go” (June 2009 Friend)
A family has a special family home evening about letting go of hurt feelings and forgiving others.
- “Love One Another” (June 2003 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares the story of a family who needed to forgive a bishop who had forgotten to unlock the church for a small child’s funeral.
- “Making Peace With His Enemies” (April 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Joseph Smith makes friends with those who try to harm him.
- “Mending Easter” (April 1998 Friend)
Davey forgives the boys who took his Easter candy.
- “My Friend Linda” (February 2006, Liahona and Friend)
A story about a girl who learns to be kind to a woman with disabilities.
- “Peace in Forgiving” (September 1994 Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer shares a story about a man who learned to forgive the doctor who was responsible for his wife’s death.
- “Pebble of Forgiveness” (February 2003 Liahona and Friend)
Levi must forgive his brother Jason when Jason runs over Levi’s bike.
- “Poison” (August 2004 Friend)
Jeni learns that when we get angry and don’t forgive, we only hurt ourselves.
- “Showing Forgiveness” (January 2011 Friend)
Dalton, a 9-year-old from Utah, shares how he forgave his friend who hit him in the face with an ice ball.
- “Showing Sorry” (November 2009 Friend)
Eli learns that part of saying your sorry means helping to make things better.
- “The Big-Brother Trap!” (March 2014 Friend)
Megan sets a trap to get her brother back for teasing her but then learns she needs to forgive.
- “The Lost Son” (April 2002 Liahona and Friend)
An illustrated retelling of the parable of the prodigal son.
- “The Prophets’ Examples” (November 2000 Liahona and Friend)
The prophet Joseph Smith forgives his friend William W. Phelps.
- “The Yellow Dress” (November 2008 Friend)
A little girl learns about forgiveness after her mom gives away one of her dresses.
- “Cease from Anger” (February 2010 Friend)
A quiz about patience and forgiveness.
- Coloring Page: “Joseph Forgives His Brothers” (April 2010 Friend)
- “Family Fun Time: Forgiveness” (March 2015 Friend)
Ideas for a family home evening about forgiveness.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Forgiving Others
Read “An Experiment in Forgiving” and “Birthday Cookies” (April 2004 Friend). What did each of the children in these stories learn about forgiveness? Can you think of a time you forgave someone? How did you feel? Commit to follow the example of these children and be forgiving.
- “Following Jesus” (May 2013 Friend)
Three challenges that help us choose to forgive.
- “I Forgive You” (September 1994 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a coloring activity about walking in others’ shoes.
- Bible Videos: Forgive 70 Times 7
- Bible Videos: “The Prodigal Son”
- Bright Idea Poster: “Be ye kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another.” (February 2010 Friend)
- Gospel Art Picture: “Joseph Is Sold by His Brothers”
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Crucifixion”
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Prodigal Son”
- Image: “Jesus Forgives a Woman”
- Image: “Joseph Forgives His Brothers”
- Image: “The Prodigal Son”
- Music: “Help Me, Dear Father” (Children’s Songbook, 99)
- Music: “How Will They Know?” (Children’s Songbook, 182)
- Music: “If You’re Happy” (Children’s Songbook, 266)
- Music: “Jesus Said Love Everyone” (Children’s Songbook, 61)
- Music: “Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam” (Children’s Songbook, 60)
- Poem: “Holding a Grudge” (November 2006 Friend)
- Poem: “Pockets Full of Rocks” (February 2014 Friend)
A humorous poem about a man who carries rocks around to remind him of all things people have done to him.
- Video: "Al Young, The Miracle of Forgiveness”
An artist talks about his painting. For older children.
- Video: “Forgive and Forget”
Excerpts from a conference talk by Elder J. Devn Cornish. For older children.
- Video: Bible Videos, “Forgive 70 Times 7”
- Video: Bible Videos, “Jesus Declares the Parable of the Lost Sheep”
- Video: Bible Videos, “The Prodigal Son”
- Video: “Can’t We Be Friends?”
- Video: “Forgiveness: My Burden Was Made Light”
A man whose wife and children were killed in a car accident talks about forgiving the offending driver.
- Video: “Forgiveness Will Change Bitterness to Love”
Excerpts from a conference talk by Elder David E. Sorensen.
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 26: Jesus Forgives a Woman”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 53: Jesus Is Crucified”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “The Third Parable: The Lost Son”
- Video: Old Testament Videos, “Chapter 12: Joseph”
- Video: Old Testament Videos, “Chapter 14: Joseph’s Brothers in Egypt”
- Video: “Required to Forgive”
A dramatization of when W. W. Phelps was forgiven by Joseph Smith. (Start at minute 4.)
- Video: “The Healing Power of Forgiveness”
Excerpts from a conference talk by President James E. Faust (1920–2007).
- Video: “The Shiny Bicycle”