- “An Activity Day Invitation” (February 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A girl invites her less-active and non-member friends to activity days.
- “Aim for the Best” (August 2015 Friend)
Guidelines to help you make good choices in everyday decisions.
- “Alex from California and Katie from Oregon” (March 2013 Friend)
Meet these two girls who became best friends because of their grandmothers.
- “At the Playground” (May 2017 Friend)
A rebus story about Emilie making a new friend at the playground.
- “Awkward” (April 2015 Friend)
A girl realizes that she can try new things even when she’s feeling shy.
- “Bald Heads and Buddies” (April 2012 Friend)
Joel shaves his head to support a friend with cancer.
- “Best Buddies” (May 2018 Friend)
Will and Anna are best friends. She pushes his wheelchair, and he laughs at her jokes. They do lots of things together.
- “Better Friends” (April 2016 Friend)
A girl learns what makes someone a good friend after some of her friends make fun of the way she looks.
- “Better Words, Better Friends” (February 2014 Friend)
Keira learns who her true friends are when she asks them to use better language.
- “Big Hearts Busy Hands” (September 2015 Friend)
A photo story about some Activity Day Girls in Arizona who planned fun service projects and included their neighbors.
- “Book of Mormon Buddies” (April 2018 Friend)
Tori, a new member of the church, gets help from her friend Erica to be able to read the Book of Mormon every day.
- “But I’m Too Shy” (August 2012 Friend)
Mindy feels too shy to make friends until she learns a great tip. Includes ideas for overcoming shyness.
- “A Butterfly for Courtney” (September 2016 Friend)
Elena decides to use some money she earned to buy her friend a special gift because her friend is sad.
- “The Candy Bar” (September 2018 Friend)
Ben is concerned about going to a friend’s birthday because his family can’t afford an expensive gift.
- “The Candy Plan” (October 2015 Friend)
Josh shares his Halloween candy with others.
- “Chameleons and New Friends” (August 2017 Friend)
Isabel learns that you can be friends even if you don’t speak the same language after a family from Russia comes to her house for dinner.
- “The Christmas Eve Guest” (December 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Shannon thinks her family’s Christmas Eve traditions will be ruined when her dad invites a neighbor, but it ends up being a wonderful night.
- “Cool Cars” (August 2012 Friend)
Ben learns that he can feel happy when he shares.
- “Courage and Clubs” (April 2015 Friend)
Kate made a good choice to follow Jesus and not use bad words to join her friends’ club.
- “The Dance Drama” (February 2017 Friend)
Sofía tells a boy who asked her to a school dance that she is not going to date until she is 16 and they should be friends instead.
- “Dear Gracie” (November 2015 Friend)
Gracie is comforted about her upcoming surgery when she makes friends with an older girl who also has spina bifida.
- “Diabetic? Not Alone” (August 2015 Friend)
Matthew helps others become aware of diabetes shares his talents in the process.
- “Did You Hear about Shara?” (August 2016 Friend)
Lina feels bad and wants to make things right after her friends start gossiping about Shara after Lina tells them something about her.
- “Do You Want to Go to Primary With Me?” (July 2008 Liahona and Friend)
A girl asks her friend to go to Primary with her and her friend’s family is eventually baptized.
- “Earrings for Jasmine” (September 2017 Friend)
Abby is nice to a new girl at her school, even when the other girls make fun of her.
- “Faithful Friends” (November 2016 Friend)
Lindee G. and Ila P., both age 11, explain how they support each other in learning and sharing the gospel.
- “Fast Friends” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Diego decides to make a good media decision even when it might cost him his new friend.
- “Finding Amigos” (September 2013 Friend)
When Rachel moves to Spain, she struggles to make friends and learn Spanish.
- “Finding a Real Friend” (August 2018 Friend)
Christy is new at school and having trouble making friends until she decides to befriend another girl who is alone. Includes tips for how to be a friend.
- “Flowers and Friendship” (April 2015 Friend)
Jenny solves a problem with her friend by getting an answer to prayer.
- For Parents of Little Ones: “Nurture Good Friendships” (September 2017 Friend)
Ideas for how to teach young children good friendship skills.
- “Forts and Friendship” (January 2018 Friend)
Callie’s friend Marco goes to a different church, but she likes that she never has to worry that Marco will swear, try to get her to do bad things, or watch things that aren’t good.
- “A Friend Like Mark” (August 2018 Friend)
The boys in Josh’s Primary class make fun of him, but then a new boy moves in and is nice to him.
- “A Friendly Answer” (January 2009 Friend)
A boy prays for friends and receives an answer to his prayer.
- “Friends Come and Go” (August 2017 Friend)
Some tips for things to do when friends come and go from your life.
- “Friendship Bracelets” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Angie’s feelings are hurt when her friend leaves her out and makes fun of her, but she prays to forgive her friend and find a solution.
- “Friendship Brownies” (February 2017 Friend)
Grace and her Primary class make brownies and a card for a girl in their class who doesn’t come to church.
- “Friends of All Ages” (April 2015 Friend)
Tyler follows Jesus by helping elderly neighbors.
- “A Golden Friend” (September 2010 Friend)
Laura makes a new friend after her friends from last school year start making fun of her.
- “Good Friends” (September 2017 Friend)
A story for young children about Jessie visiting her friend Kaitlyn and helping and playing with her. Includes an activity to identify colors on a playground.
- “The Grump” (February 2013 Friend)
Lori makes friends with an elderly lady after first thinking that the was mean.
- “A Helping Angel” (December 2013 Friend)
Molly wants the lead in a play but ends up becoming friends with the girl who gets the part instead.
- “I Talked to God as a Friend” (July 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Elder Juan A. Uceda of the Seventy tells how prayer comforted him when he was worried about family members who weren’t members of the Church.
- “Katie and Quincy” (October 2018 Friend)
Katie, who has Down syndrome, loves her friend Quincy, who helps her at church. When Quincy’s brother dies, Katie knows just how to comfort her friend.
- “Learning to Serve Others” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson learns from his family members to be a good friend.
- “Magnolia and Mia” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A girl interprets for a friend who doesn’t speak Spanish.
- “Maria’s Medal” (February 2009 Friend)
A girl gives her state championship medal to her friend who could not compete because of an injury.
- “Matt and Mandy” (October 2015 Friend)
Matt asks his dad for ideas about being a missionary.
- “Matt and Mandy” (February 2015 Friend)
Matt decides to befriend an unpopular kid at school.
- “Me? A Bully?” (February 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Jeff decides to be nice after his mom talks to him about being unkind to a boy in his class.
- “Missionary Friends” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Gary J. Coleman of the Seventy shares how friendly Church members helped him feel comfortable when he was learning about the gospel.
- “My Friend Linda” (February 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Kate defends a friend with special needs.
- “The New Adventures of Matt and Mandy” (August 2013 Friend)
Mandy offers to help her new classmate with her homework.
- “New Friends, Old Friends” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A story for young children about a girl making new friends after a ward boundary change. Also includes a finding activity.
- “Nick’s New Look” (October 2018 Friend)
Nick’s family fasts to figure out what to do about his hair after it starts falling out and classmates make fun of him.
- “Oh No, Activity Day!” (August 2008 Friend)
A girl learns that friends are made one person at a time.
- “The Pencil Problem” (February 2018 Friend)
Maya’s is afraid she might lose friends after she encourages Alex to return a pencil he got from a machine for free, but he’s glad she helped him be honest.
- “A Picture-Perfect Friendship” (November 2017 Friend)
Avery draws a picture for a boy in her class after she notices he plays by himself at recess.
- “Practically Popular” (March 2018 Friend)
La-Neisha decides to repent and ask her friend for forgiveness after she ignores her to be friends with the popular girls.
- “Primary Is for Everyone” (March 2015 Friend)
Ryder invites a friend to church, but doesn’t know what to do when his friend is not reverent.
- “The Princess and the Monster” (May 2013 Friend)
Erin learns the difference between just including someone and being a good friend when she invites Alexa to play princesses and monsters.
- Question Corner: “I want to be a good example to my friends. How can I help them make good choices?” (March 2016 Friend)
Several children provide answers to this question.
- Question Corner: “I want to make new friends, but I’m really shy. What can I do?” (June 2017 Friend)
- Question Corner: “Sometimes no one sits by me at church, and I feel lonely and like I don’t fit in. What can I do?” (March 2013 Friend)
- “Ready to Read” (January 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Mary is afraid to read in her Primary class, but the other children are nice to her.
- “The Red Ticket” (December 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Mateo helps his friend Daniel by sharing his ticket when Daniel doesn’t have any left to give to the teacher for misbehaving.
- “Rowdy to Reverent” (July 2015 Friend)
Larry learns he can set a good example for his friend at church.
- “Question Corner: Making Friends” (February 2015 Friend)
Children answer a question about being new in school.
- “Same-Size Service” (November 2008 Friend)
Shilo shares her ice skates with a friend when there aren’t enough pairs for everyone.
- “School-Bus Hero” (April 2016 Friend)
Jason is afraid to ride the bus because older kids tease him, but then another boy invites Jason to sit by him.
- “The Secret Weapon” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Adam learned the blessings of being kind.
- “A Shiny-Penny Friend” (September 2012 Friend)
Daniel learns to choose friends who make him feel good about himself.
- “Show and Tell” (March 2015 Friend)
Children bear testimony of friendship, covenants, scripture reading, and more.
- “Signs of Friendship” (December 2017 Friend)
Connor, who has autism, has a hard time finding a friend until he prays for help and soon becomes friends with a deaf neighbor.
- “Snow Friends” (February 2013 Friend)
Lyssa decides to play with Kevin at recess because he can’t walk in the snow to play with the other children.
- “Something For Sara” (February 2008 Friend)
A girl’s friend loses her mother and her friend comforts her by sharing the gospel.
- “The Soup-Can Phones” (February 2015 Friend)
Elizabeth learns she can talk to Heavenly Father like a friend.
- “Standing Up For Caleb” (March 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A boy stands up for a new boy in school and makes a new friend in the process.
- “Tag, You’re It” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Lauren decides to not follow Tami’s plan to be mean to Ally.
- “Things Will Get Better” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A story for young children about a child choosing to have a good attitude after moving to a new area and not having friends to begin with.
- “Three Milk Shakes for Malachi” (February 2013 Friend)
Cole decides to bring a milk shake to his friend who just got his tonsils removed.
- “A Tree for Travis” (December 2016 Friend)
Jacqueline finds and decorates a small Christmas tree to give to her friend who lives in a small trailer.
- “The Trike Race” (April 2015 Friend)
Brandon lets his friends win.
- “True Friends Stay True” (November 2012 Friend)
Kim learns how to be a true friend by not laughing when some boys tease her friend.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus” (September 2009 Friend)
Features a boy from Utah who stood up for a friend who was being teased.
- “An Unexpected Test” (April 2013 Friend)
Morgan chooses to be friends with Caden instead of going on a date with him to the school dance.
- “Ways to Be a Good Friend” (August 2012 Friend)
A list of ways to be a better friend.
- “We’ll Carry You!” (February 2011 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a story about young women who carried a friend on a hike when they learned she couldn’t walk.
- “We’re All Shoes” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy makes friends with children from other countries through playing soccer.
- “What do you love most about being a member of the church?” (October 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Children answer the question.
- “What Happened to Your Arm?” (September 2013 Friend)
Amy makes a new friend with a question and some crayons.
- “Which Path to Choose?” (September 2016 Liahona and Friend)
Abbey F., age 11, tells how a girl at school would say mean things to her every day, but Abbey was nice to her and they eventually became friends.
- “Who Are the Savior’s Lambs?” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A coloring page that invites children to think about how they can share the gospel and strengthen new members of the Church.
- “The Worth of Soles” (October 2015 Friend)
Ben learns about kindness from a classmate’s example.
- For the Strength of Youth: Friends
- Gospel Art Picture: “Joseph and Children”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Christ”
- Music: “Friends Are Fun” (Children’s Songbook, 262)
- Music: “ ‘Give,’ Said the Little Stream” (Children’s Songbook, 236)
- Music: “Jesus Is Our Loving Friend” (Children’s Songbook, 58)
- Music: “Jesus Said Love Everyone” (Children’s Songbook, 61)
- Music: “Kindness Begins with Me” (Children’s Songbook, 145)
- Music: “We Are Different” (Children’s Songbook, 263)
- Poster: “Stand for the Right” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
These standards can help us stand for the right.
- Verse: “My Friends” (September 2009 Friend)
We should include everyone.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Can’t We Be Friends?”
Margaret finds a way to be friends with unkind girls.
- Video: For Little Friends, “New Friends, Old Friends”
Lissa finds a way to make new friends.
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “A True Friend: Tanya and Lada”
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “Dayton’s Legs”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 43: Jesus Brings Lazarus Back to Life”