- “A Friendly Answer” (January 2009 Friend)
A boy prays for friends and receives an answer to his prayer.
- “A Golden Friend” (September 2010 Friend)
Laura makes a new friend after her friends from last school year start making fun of her.
- “A Helping Angel” (December 2013 Friend)
Molly wants the lead in a play but ends up becoming friends with the girl who gets the part instead.
- “A Shiny-Penny Friend” (September 2012 Friend)
Daniel learns to choose friends who make him feel good about himself.
- “Alex from California and Katie from Oregon” (March 2013 Friend)
Meet these two girls who became best friends because of their grandmothers.
- “An Activity Day Invitation” (February 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A girl invites her less-active and non-member friends to activity days.
- “An Unexpected Test” (April 2013 Friend)
Morgan chooses to be friends with Caden instead of going on a date with him to the school dance.
- “Bald Heads and Buddies” (April 2012 Friend)
Joel shaves his head to support a friend with cancer.
- “Better Words, Better Friends” (February 2014 Friend)
Keira learns who her true friends are when she asks them to use better language.
- “But I’m Too Shy” (August 2012 Friend)
Mindy feels too shy to make friends until she learns a great tip. Includes ideas for overcoming shyness.
- “Cool Cars” (August 2012 Friend)
Ben learns that he can feel happy when he shares.
- “Do You Want to Go to Primary With Me?” (July 2008 Liahona and Friend)
A girl asks her friend to go to Primary with her and her friend’s family is eventually baptized.
- “Finding Amigos” (September 2013 Friend)
When Rachel moves to Spain, she struggles to make friends and learn Spanish.
- “Friendship Bracelets” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Angie’s feelings are hurt when her friend leaves her out and makes fun of her, but she prays to forgive her friend and find a solution.
- “Learning to Serve Others” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson learns from his family members to be a good friend.
- “Magnolia and Mia” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A girl interprets for a friend who doesn’t speak Spanish.
- “Maria’s Medal” (February 2009 Friend)
A girl gives her state championship medal to her friend who could not compete because of an injury.
- “Matt and Mandy” (February 2015 Friend)
Matt decides to befriend an unpopular kid at school.
- “Missionary Friends” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Gary J. Coleman of the Seventy shares how friendly Church members helped him feel comfortable when he was learning about the gospel.
“My Friend Linda” (February 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Kate defends a friend with special needs.
- “New Friends, Old Friends” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A story for young children about a girl making new friends after a ward boundary change. Also includes a finding activity.
- “Oh No, Activity Day!” (August 2008 Friend)
A girl learns that friends are made one person at a time.
- “Primary Is for Everyone” (March 2015 Friend)
Ryder invites a friend to church, but doesn’t know what to do when his friend is not reverent.
- “Question Corner: Sometimes no one sits by me at church, and I feel lonely and like I don’t fit in. What can I do?” (March 2013 Friend)
- “Ready to Read” (January 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Mary is afraid to read in her Primary class, but the other children are nice to her.
- “Question Corner: Making Friends” (February 2015 Friend)
Children answer a question about being new in school.
- “Same-Size Service” (November 2008 Friend)
Shilo shares her ice skates with a friend when there aren’t enough pairs for everyone.
- “Show and Tell” (March 2015 Friend)
Children bear testimony of friendship, covenants, scripture reading, and more.
- “Snow Friends” (February 2013 Friend)
Lyssa decides to play with Kevin at recess because he can’t walk in the snow to play with the other children.
- “Something For Sara” (February 2008 Friend)
A girl’s friend loses her mother and her friend comforts her by sharing the gospel.
- “Standing Up For Caleb” (March 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A boy stands up for a new boy in school and makes a new friend in the process.
- “The Grump” (February 2013 Friend)
Lori makes friends with an elderly lady after first thinking that the was mean.
- “The New Adventures of Matt and Mandy” (August 2013 Friend)
Mandy offers to help her new classmate with her homework.
- “The Princess and the Monster” (May 2013 Friend)
Erin learns the difference between just including someone and being a good friend when she invites Alexa to play princesses and monsters.
- “The Secret Weapon” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Adam learned the blessings of being kind.
- “The Soup-Can Phones” (February 2015 Friend)
Elizabeth learns she can talk to Heavenly Father like a friend.
- “Things Will Get Better” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A story for young children about a child choosing to have a good attitude after moving to a new area and not having friends to begin with.
- “Three Milk Shakes for Malachi” (February 2013 Friend)
Cole decides to bring a milk shake to his friend who just got his tonsils removed.
- “True Friends Stay True” (November 2012 Friend)
Kim learns how to be a true friend by not laughing when some boys tease her friend.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus” (September 2009 Friend)
Features a boy from Utah who stood up for a friend who was being teased.
- “Ways to Be a Good Friend” (August 2012 Friend)
A list of ways to be a better friend.
- “We’ll Carry You!” (February 2011 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a story about young women who carried a friend on a hike when they learned she couldn’t walk.
- “We’re All Shoes” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy makes friends with children from other countries through playing soccer.
- “What Happened to Your Arm?” (September 2013 Friend)
Amy makes a new friend with a question and some crayons.
- “Who Are the Savior’s Lambs?” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A coloring page that invites children to think about how they can share the gospel and strengthen new members of the Church.
- “All Aboard the Friend Ship!” (February 2015 Friend)
We can follow Jesus’ example and be a good friend to others. Here’s a game you can play with friends.
- Coloring Page: “Being kind is doing and saying nice things to others.” (July 2012 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Jesus Christ is the perfect example for me.” (April 2011 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Jesus Christ is the perfect example to me.” (April 2012 Friend)
- “CTR Game: Friendship” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A board game about being a good friend.
- “Family Fun Time: Getting Along” (March 2014 Friend)
Recipes for Unity Bread and Friendship Butter.
- “Family Fun Time: Social Skills” (January 2015 Friend)
A fun role-playing game and recipe for family night.
- “Finding a Friend” (August 2013 Friend)
An I-spy game.
- “Friendship Challenge” (September 2010 Friend)
Each time you do an item from the list, color all the numbered spaces that match the heart next to the item.
- “Happy Alone, Happy Together” (February 2015 Friend)
Fill in your own answers to the questions. It’s OK to need time alone sometimes.
- “How Can I Be a Better Friend?” (March 2010 Liahona and Friend)
True/false statements that can help children understand what it means to be a friend.
- “Making a New Friend” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Find the hidden pictures in this image of a boy inviting another boy to play with him and his friends.
- “What Kind of Friend Are You?” (May 2009 Friend)
Take this quiz to see how well you are doing at being a friend.
- For the Strength of Youth: Friends
- Gospel Art Picture: “Joseph and Children”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Christ”
- Music: “Friends Are Fun” (Children’s Songbook, 262)
- Music: “ ‘Give,’ Said the Little Stream” (Children’s Songbook, 236)
- Music: “Jesus Is Our Loving Friend” (Children’s Songbook, 58)
- Music: “Jesus Said Love Everyone” (Children’s Songbook, 61)
- Music: “Kindness Begins with Me” (Children’s Songbook, 145)
- Music: “We Are Different” (Children’s Songbook, 263)
- Verse: “My Friends” (September 2009 Friend)
We should include everyone.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Can’t We Be Friends?”
Margaret finds a way to be friends with unkind girls.
- Video: For Little Friends, “New Friends, Old Friends”
Lissa finds a way to make new friends.
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “A True Friend: Tanya and Lada”
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “Dayton’s Legs”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 43: Jesus Brings Lazarus Back to Life”