- “A Feel-Good Field Day” (June 2015 Friend)
Thanks to hard work and prayer, Emily has a good field day experience after all.
- “The Happy Book” (February 2006 Liahona and Friend )
Morgan cheers up her sister with a homemade book.
- “Happy in the Gospel” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Carlos A. Godoy of the Seventy testifies that the gospel brings happiness to our lives.
- “How can I stay safe and happy in life?” (September 2015 Friend)
Thoughts by and a story from the life of Elder M. Russell Ballard.
- “How Can the Gospel Help Me Be Happy?” (March 2011 Liahona and Friend )
Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles talks about how choosing the right brings happiness.
- “Inside the Lines” (February 1993 Friend)
David learns sharing with his sister brings him happiness.
- “My Heart Is Happy” (February 2012 Friend)
Jennifer gives a talk in church about what makes her happiest: her family, choosing the right, the Restoration, Primary, the scriptures, and the Savior.
- “S.O.C.K.S. Rock” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Sydney become a “Sisters of Courage, Kindness and Service” and made a pair of crazy socks to remind her.
- “The Toy Truck” (May 2014 Friend)
Bishop Davies of the presiding bishopric learned as a boy that work brought him joy and happiness.
- “A Treasure Map” (September 2004 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson offers a treasure map to eternal happiness: learn from the past, prepare for the future, and live in the present.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Happiness through Smiles
Smiling helps us feel happy. It helps others feel happy too. Smiling is one of the easiest ways we can serve others. Read “Miles and Miles of Smiles” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend). Have each person in your family draw a smiling face on a piece of paper. Put the face near the mirror you look in most often. There are many ways to smile. Look in the mirror and try smiling with only your eyes, then try smiling with your lips closed. Smile with your teeth showing, and then with your mouth open. Keep the picture by the mirror all week as a reminder to smile.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Treasure Map to Happiness
Study President Thomas S. Monson’s article “A Treasure Map” (September 2004 Liahona and Friend). Before family home evening, draw a map of three places in your home. Write down clues that will guide your family to these places. Go to each place and hide something that represents President Monson’s advice. (For example: place #1—a picture of grandparents for “learn from the past,” place #2—a piggy bank for “prepare for the future,” place #3—a box wrapped as a present for “live in the present.”) Give the clues and map to your family and have them search for the treasures. When they arrive at each hiding place, talk about President Monson’s message for that spot.
- “A Happy Home” (November 2009 Friend)
Build a house and think about ways to make a happy home.
- “Key to Happiness” (September 2012 Friend)
Color in the O’s to reveal a hidden message about happiness.
- “What Makes You Smile?” (August 2005 Friend)
Make this book about things that make you smile.
- Music: “I Am like a Star” (Children’s Songbook,163)
- Music: “I Will Follow God's Plan” (Children’s Songbook, 164)
- Music: “If You're Happy” (Children’s Songbook, 266)
- Music: “Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam” (Children’s Songbook, 60)
- Music: “When We're Helping” (Children’s Songbook, 198)
- Poster: “This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” (January 2014 Friend)
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories: “Chapter 44 Jesus Christ Blesses the Children”
- Video: Matt and Mandy “Grateful for Everything”
Matt and Mandy learn to be grateful.
- Video: “Parable of the Bicycle”
A little girl works hard to buy a bicycle only to find she doesn’t have enough money. Her father makes up the difference.