- “Alia’s New Ring” (January 2015 Friend)
Alia followed the Holy Ghost’s prompting to be kind to her friend, even though it meant giving away a ring she liked.
- “A Big Wind and a Small Voice” (July 2013 Friend)
Tyler listens to the still, small voice when he’s on the playground.
- “Bullfight” (May 2018 Friend)
Brody H., age 10, shares how a prompting from the Holy Ghost kept him safe on his family’s cattle ranch.
- “The Candy Ball” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
The Holy Ghost helps Rachel’s dad save her when she is choking.
- “Cartoon Choice” (March 2015 Friend)
A boy decides to draw instead of watch an inappropriate show with his classmate.
- “Cheering Up Grandpa” (April 2015 Friend)
Mike helped his Grandpa find joy after Grandma’s death.
- “A Clear Answer” (February 2004 Friend)
Elder H. Bruce Stucki of the Seventy listened to the Spirit when flying an airplane over a dangerous mountain range.
- Coloring page: “My faith in Jesus Christ grows when I listen to the Holy Ghost” (August 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- “Comforted by the Holy Ghost” (November 2004 Friend)
The Holy Ghost comforted President Heber J. Grant (1856–1945) when his wife and son passed away.
- “Conference Blessings” (March 2018 Friend)
Sierra M., age 11, shares how a talk at conference reminded her of a time when she was comforted by the Holy Ghost while her sister was sick.
- “Connor to the Rescue!” (January 2015 Friend)
Connor decides to give his toy money to humanitarian aid.
- “Courting the Holy Ghost” (August 1991 Friend)
Elder Carlos E. Asay of the Seventy tells how to attract and maintain the Holy Spirit.
- “Everyone But Me” (May 2000 Liahona and July 1997 Friend)
Christopher doesn’t think the Spirit speaks to him until his parents help him understand how many ways the Holy Ghost has helped him.
- “A Feel-Good Field Day” (June 2015 Friend)
Thanks to hard work and prayer, Emily has a good field day experience after all.
- “Feeling the Holy Ghost” (March 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Benson learns about the Holy Ghost from his dad. Includes an activity to color pictures of things we can do to invite the Holy Ghost into our lives.
- “Feeling the Spirit” (April 2011 Friend)
A short experience from a child who felt the Spirit while teaching his friend about the gospel.
- “Finding Help” (February 2014 Friend)
The Holy Ghost tells Tate how he can feel better after he sees a bad image on television.
- “Finding Tinkerbell” (July 2015 Friend)
Prayer helped Mia find her favorite stuffed animal.
- “Fire!” (May 2012 Friend)
Sister Cheryl A. Esplin of the general Primary presidency listened to promptings from the Holy Ghost to save her brother from a fire.
- “The First Vision” (June 2008 Liahona and Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf shares his testimony of the First Vision and the universal power of the Holy Ghost.
- “Flipping Channels” (September 2015 Friend)
A girl decides to write in her journal instead of watching a movie she didn’t feel good about.
- “Garbage Can Graffiti” (September 2010 Friend)
Joe learns that the Holy Ghost can help him choose the right after he ignores a prompting to not write on his neighbor’s trash can.
- “The Gift of the Holy Ghost” (August 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Includes an activity to cut out cards about the gifts of the Holy Ghost, decorate a box or bag to look like a gift, draw a card every day, look up the scripture, and fill in the blanks.
- “The Gift of the Holy Ghost” (July 1995 Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer discusses the Holy Ghost and how it can help us lead a happier life.
- “The Gifts and Fruits of the Spirit” (December 2006 Friend)
Look for the gifts and fruits of the Spirit in this word search.
- “Go Back to the House” (March 2006 Friend)
Derek’s family accidentally leaves for church without him, he has to listen to the Holy Ghost to find them again.
- “Heeding the Holy Ghost” (January 2002 Friend)
When President Harold B. Lee was a boy he heard a voice warning him not to climb the fence and play in some old buildings.
- “He Is Listening” (June 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A young boy learns about the nature of God and prayer and how the Holy Ghost can speak to him.
- “Help from the Holy Ghost” (August 2007 Friend)
A rhyming poem that tells some ways the Holy Ghost can help you choose the right.
- “Helping a New Friend” (February 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Quinnley describes how she reaches out to befriend a classmate.
- “The Holy Ghost Is Real” (December 2007 Friend)
Elder Craig A. Cardon of the Seventy shares how he felt the influence of the Holy Ghost while listening to a talk when he was ten years old.
- “The Holy Ghost Testifies of the Truth of All Things” (June 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A journal activity that teaches about the Holy Ghost. Includes a question-and-answer Liahona craft.
- “How can I be guided by the Holy Ghost?” (June 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Elder L. Tom Perry (1922–2015) teaches how to be guided by the Holy Ghost.
- “How can I know when I am feeling the Holy Ghost?” (October 2012 Friend)
Several children share how they recognize the Spirit.
- “How can I stay safe and happy in life?” (September 2015 Friend)
Thoughts by and a story from the life of Elder M. Russell Ballard.
- “How can the scriptures help me?” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
President Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares thoughts on the subject.
- “How the Holy Ghost Helps You” (February 1991 Liahona and March 1990 Friend)
President James E. Faust tells how the Holy Ghost can be a blessing in your life.
- “I Felt the Holy Ghost” (June 2014 Liahona and Friend)
A young girl learns to recognize the Holy Ghost after a prayer.
- “I Felt the Spirit” (April 2006 Friend)
A short experience from a child who felt the Spirit while participating in a fireside.
- “I just received the gift of the Holy Ghost. How can I feel the influence of the Spirit in my life?” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer of the Twelve Apostles shares his thoughts on this subject.
- “Learning to Listen” (February 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Elder José A. Teixeira of the Seventy teaches that it is important to listen to earthly parents as well as to the Holy Ghost.
- “Listening to the Spirit” (August 2006 Liahona and Friend)
President Wilford Woodruff saved his family’s lives when he listened to the Holy Ghost.
- “The Little Bottle of Silence” (August 2016 Liahona and Friend)
Gage’s grandpa gives him a bottle to remind him that sometimes we need quiet so we can feel the Holy Ghost.
- “Making Things Right” (April 2012 Friend)
Melissa has a bad feeling and knows the Holy Ghost is telling her to repent after she writes on the bathroom wall at school.
- “Maria’s New Dress” (February 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl learns that she can feel the Spirit when she pays more attention to the speakers at church than to her new dress.
- “A New Feeling” (September 2015 Liahona and Friend)
Gabriel feels the Holy Ghost when his mother reads about Jesus talking to children in the Book of Mormon.
- “Not at Home, Not Anywhere” (July 2015 Friend)
Carter decides not to swear anymore.
- “Obstacle-Course Challenge” (February 2014 Friend)
DJ learns about listening to the Holy Ghost when he has to do an obstacle course blindfolded at a Primary activity.
- “Our Answer” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A girl shares how the Holy Ghost helped her family know the truth and decide to be baptized.
- “The Parable of the Anthill and the Cell Phone” (November 2011 Friend)
Elder Joseph W. Sitati of the Seventy tells a story of how they needed to stand on anthills to receive cell phone service. He compares that to how we need to place ourselves in the right environment to feel the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
- “The Pink Bracelet” (March 2015 Friend)
A girl tries to keep a bracelet that isn’t hers, but then decides to be honest instead.
- “A Quiet Warning” (May 2017 Friend)
Rykin, age 11, shares how he was prompted to look before walking and discovered a large snake.
- “The Rocket Fiasco” (August 2017 Friend)
Andrew tries to make things right after he doesn’t wait for his dad to help him build a model rocket and causes damage to a neighbor’s car.
- “Scriptures under the Stars” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Bonnie L. Oscarson, Young Women general president, talks about how she gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon.
- “Searching for Church” (October 2016 Friend)
President Henry B. Erying shares a story about how his father listened to the Holy Ghost and encourages us to listen for the Spirit and follow its promptings. Includes a scripture matching activity.
- “Sister Pettigrew’s Lesson” (September 2015 Friend)
Elder Ronald A. Rasband remembers a Primary teacher who helped him recognize the Holy Ghost and develop his talents.
- “Sledding and the Spirit” (December 2013 Friend)
Elder J. Devn Cornish of the Seventy shares how he was injured after ignoring a prompting from the Spirit when he was 11 years old.
- “The Spirit of God” (June 2015 Friend)
Elder LeGrand R. Curtis Jr. of the Seventy shares experiences that helped him gain a testimony as a youth. Includes an application page.
- “Spiritual Promptings” (February 2012 Friend)
Sister Jean A. Stevens of the general Primary presidency was prompted to help a lost child who had been praying for help.
- “Stop Watching Now!” (February 2015 Friend)
Noah heeds the Spirit and prevents a space-heater fire.
- “They Listened!” (July 2012 Friend)
- Five children from the same family tell about a time when he or she heard Heavenly Father’s voice through the Holy Ghost.
- “Tracks in the Snow” (September 2003 Liahona and Friend )
President Monson talks about a faithful missionary who was guided to literally chose the right path. We too can be guided in life.
- “Understanding the Holy Ghost” (November 1974 Friend)
Includes a fill-in-the-blank activity and a crossword puzzle about the Holy Ghost.
- “A Warm Feeling” (May 2004 Friend)
Elder Spencer J. Condie of the Seventy shares how he felt the spirit when he heard Book of Mormon stories and listened to the Apostles.
- “What can I do to have the Holy Ghost with me?” (November 2008 Friend)
Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares a list of things we can do to invite the Spirit.
- “What do you love most about being a member of the church?” (October 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Children answer the question.
- “What is revelation?” (June 2012 Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “Where Is Jesus?” (March 2015 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring shares a message about Jesus Christ.
- “What will it be like when I go inside the temple?” (July 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Elder Neil L. Andersen shares some thoughts.
- “Why do we need the gift of the Holy Ghost?” (May 2017 Friend)
Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on the subject. Also includes a story about how Elder Cook was comforted when he was called to be a General Authority.
- “A Winning Decision” (October 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Miranda decides to go to church instead of playing soccer on Sunday.
- “The Witness of the Holy Ghost” (August 2002 Friend)
Elder Robert S. Wood of the Seventy shares some stories about how the Holy Ghost has guided him.
- Image: “Girl Being Confirmed”
- Music: “Listen, Listen” (Children’s Songbook, 107)
- Music: “The Holy Ghost” (Children’s Songbook, 105)
- Music: “I Know My Father Lives” (Children’s Songbook, 5)
- Music: “Search, Ponder, and Pray” (Children’s Songbook, 109)
- Music: “The Still Small Voice” (Children’s Songbook, 106)
- Music Video: “If I Listen With My Heart”
- Sheet music (simplified): “As a Child of God” (January 2012 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “I Feel the Spirit” (February 2004 Friend)
- Sheet music: “If I Listen With My Heart” (January 2011 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “The Gift of the Holy Ghost” (August 2005 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “The Still Small Voice” (April 2006 Liahona and Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Whenever I Have to Choose” (June 1997 Friend)
- Verse: “The Spirit Is My Friend” (May 2009 Friend)
The Holy Ghost plays many different roles in our lives.
- Video: “Create”
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf invites us to rely on the Spirit and use our divinely inherited ability to create things of substance and beauty.
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 34: The Boy with an Evil Spirit”
- Video: One in a Million, “Joey”
A boy from Alaska listens to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and saves his family from harm just before their furnace explodes and the house catches fire.
- Video: Prophet Videos, “Harold B. Lee”
As a boy, President Lee was protected by listening to the Spirit.