- “Abu Learns Honesty” (March 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A boy learns what honesty means after taking food without paying for it.
- “Annie’s Spelling Test” (February 2012 Friend)
Annie tells her teacher after getting a score she didn’t deserve.
- “The Apple Adventure”(October 2011Friend)
Donna and her cousin get hurt stealing apples, and decide to tell the truth.
- “As Good As Our Bond” (November 1997 Friend)
Elder Sheldon F. Child teaches that honesty is the only policy.
- “Baby-Sitting Job” (August 2001 Friend)
True story of Alanna learning the commandment of being honest.
- “Beeline to the Truth” (January 2012 Friend)
A boy decides to be honest after he steals a pocketknife.
- “Being Honest” (February 2002 Liahona and Friend)
A boy from Brazil returns a wallet and finds joy in honesty.
- “Broken Trust” (April 2009 Friend)
Melinda is afraid to tell her neighbor that she broke a figurine, but decides to tell the truth.
- “The Candy Ball”(January 2010Liahonaand Friend)
A young girl takes a piece of candy without asking and learns a valuable lesson.
- “The Case of the Broken Mirror” (January 2010 Friend)
Mason confesses to his mother that he broke her mirror.
- “Caught!” (June 2009 Friend)
Jake learns a lesson about honesty after he injures himself fishing instead of doing what his mother asked him to.
- “The Cheating Lesson” (September 2009 Friend)
Includes a story about cheating and a quiz about what cheating is.
- “Choosing Not to Cheat” (January 2014 Friend)
Christopher, age 7, shares how he didn’t cheat on a test.
- “Come Listen to a Prophet’s Voice: Honesty: A Moral Compass” (November 2001 Friend)
President James E. Faust tells a story about a young athlete who was honest.
- “Come Listen to a Prophet’s Voice: We Believe in You!” (May 2004 Friend)
President James E. Faust encourages us to be honest and avoid temptation.
- “A Dollar in the Pocket” (January 2013 Friend)
A boy returns a dollar he found in hand-me-down jeans.
- “Escaping from the Hole” (August 2008 Friend)
Jacob learns he needs to repent after he steals gum from a store.
- “Friend to Friend” (November 1997 Liahona and October 1996 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a story about being honest when he was in the Navy.
- “The Heavy Backpack” (June 2013 Friend)
After weeks of avoiding his homework, Jay finally tells the truth and unloads his backpack.
- “An Honest Athlete” (July 2012 Friend)
Jacob gets the biggest cheer of all when he is honest about missing part of the course.
- “Honest Morgan” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
A young boy learns about honesty when he tries to blame a mistake on his younger brother.
- “Honesty” (October 1996 Friend)
Elder David B. Haight teaches the importance of honesty and integrity.
- “Kelsey Makes a Mistake” (July 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A wordless story about a young girl who tells her mother the truth.
- “Live Without Regret” (February 2007 Friend)
Elder Richard G. Hinckley of the Seventy shares a story from when he was a child and learned what it means to have regrets after he took some scrap wood without asking.
- “Maria Makes a Choice” (May 1983 Friend)
A young girl has to make a choice when her friend wants her to steal candy from a store.
- “Matt and Mandy” (August 2000 Friend)
Matt and Mandy learn that when you steal or cheat, there are hidden costs.
- “Matt and Mandy” (August 2011 Friend)
Mandy finds $20 and must decide what to do with it.
- “Mr. Lukin’s Turkeys” (July 2008 Friend)
While trying to get the neighbor’s turkeys out of his mom’s garden, Rex throws a rock and kills one of the turkeys. Now he must tell his neighbor the truth.
- “Niya’s Choice” (April 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A girl returns the extra change given to her by a shopkeeper.
- “The Reading Race” (January 2010 Friend)
April learns a lesson about honesty after she lies about how many pages she has read in a book.
- “Special Witness” (July 2007 Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar teaches why it is important to be honest.
- “The Stolen Purse” (April 2012 Friend)
Joseph finds a purse and returns it to the woman who it belongs to.
- “The Stolen Records” (July 2010 Friend)
Elder Lance B. Wickman had a difficult choice to make as a boy when a bigger boy steals from their school.
- “The Stolen Soda” (February 2014 Friend)
Another girl tells Annette it’s ok to take a soda out of the refrigerator, but then she realizes it wasn’t ok.
- “Tangerines”(August 2009Friend)
Liz tells her neighbors the truth after she takes tangerines from their tree without asking.
- “Tickets and the Truth” (November 2011 Friend)
Molly tells the truth after falsely accusing a boy.
- “The Treasure-Chest Choice” (November 2013 Friend)
Caleb is tempted to take two prizes out the box when his piano teacher says he can pick a prize.
- “Trust and the Truth” (January 2012 Friend)
A boy is trusted because he has always told the truth.
- “TV Trouble” (March 2015 Friend)
Two girls leave a friend’s house when she starts watching an inappropriate TV show.
- “The Watermelon Thieves” (August 2015 Friend)
Joseph and his friends stole a prize watermelon and later repented of their bad choice.
- “Weeding Out the Lie” (September 2012 Friend)
A girl is tempted to lie to her mother about being done with her chores, but she decides to tell the truth.
- “Choosing Integrity” (September 2015 Friend)
This quiz can help you know if you are living with integrity.
- “Honesty Quiz” (April 2011 Friend)
A quiz to help children evaluate how honest they are.
- “I Can Be Honest” (July 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A hidden picture activity with an image of a child being honest.
- “Sharing Time: Be Honest” (January 1987 Friend)
Cut out and put together a train that spells honesty.
- “Sharing Time: Honest and Truthful at all Times” (October 1996 Liahona and Friend)
Color cutouts to make action scene as you tell the story of Joseph F. Smith and the ruffians.
- “Sharing Time: I Believe in Being Honest” (September 1993 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a coloring page about the Anti-Nephi-Lehies and the stripling warriors.
- For the Strength of Youth: Honesty and Integrity
- Music: “Dare to Do Right” (Children’s Songbook, 158)
- Music: “I Believe in Being Honest” (Children’s Songbook, 149)
- Music: “Stand for the Right” (Children’s Songbook, 159)
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Honesty”