Messages from Leaders
- “Canaries with Gray on Their Wings” (May 2012 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson teaches that we may not be the prettiest or the smartest, but we can each serve the Lord in our own special way. Includes a coloring page.
- “The Canary with the Best Song” (August 2005 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson uses the example of a canary to teach that the Lord looks on our heart, not our appearance.
- “God Is Our Father” (August 2016 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares some truths about our Heavenly Father and our relationship to Him. Includes a simple matching activity using pictures and information from “The Family: A Proclamation to the World.”
- “He Wants the Best for Me” (February 2019 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Hugo E. Martinez of the Seventy shares how his earthly father wanted the best for him and how he later learned from the missionaries that his Heavenly Parents did too.
- “It’s Your Turn” (February 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Presiding Bishop Gary E. Stevenson relates preparation for the Olympics to preparation for life.
- “The Message of a Label” (March 2005 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson teaches that outward appearances can be misleading and that we must always be willing to follow Christ.
- “My Favorite Song” (January 2010 Friend)
Elder Kevin W. Pearson explains why “I Am a Child of God” is his favorite song.
- “Powerful Ideas” (March 2003 Friend)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks teaches that when we understand our relationship with God, we understand our relationship with each other.
- “Remember the Forget-Me-Not” (March 2013 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf uses a flower to remind us of God’s love.
- “To the Rescue” (July 2011 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring testifies that Heavenly Father loves each of us as a child of God. Includes a CTR activity.
- “We May Be Like Him” (January 2004 Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer bears testimony that we can become like our Heavenly Father.
- “Who Is Heavenly Father?” (February 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Boyd K. Packer testifies that Heavenly Father is the father of our spirits.
- “You Are a Child of God” (January 2008 Friend)
Elder Paul B. Pieper testifies.
- “You Are a Child of God” (May 2003 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008) teaches and testifies.
- “Am I a Child of God?” (January 2018 Friend)
Chloe D. shares how she wondered if she was a child of God since her first parents were not “kind and dear.”
- “The Best Soccer Player” (March 2012 Friend)
Angie is reluctant to befriend a new girl, even though she knows she’s a child of God.
- “Buddy’s Heart” (August 2012 Friend)
After his accident, Buddy had to learn that his heart mattered more than his looks.
- “A Child of God—No Matter What!” (January 2009 Friend)
Liliana learns that she is a child of God, even when she’s not wearing the crown she got in Primary. For younger children.
- “Just Like Heavenly Father” (January 2008 Friend)
Krista gives a talk in Primary about how she is a child of God.
- “For Young Children: All Dressed Up” (April 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Although she dresses up in different costumes during the day, Elise knows that she is really a child of God. Includes a finding activity that teaches we are all children of God.
- Matt and Mandy (February 2008 Friend)
Mandy is kind to a new girl at school.
- Matt and Mandy (January 2009 Friend)
Even when Matt messes up, he is still a child of God.
- Matt and Mandy (February 2010 Friend)
Mandy tells her friend that she is a child of God.
- “Min-Jun Measures Up” (January 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Min-Jun is embarrassed to go into the church after he gets wet and muddy while walking to church in the rain, but his grandfather reminds him that the Lord has a better way of measuring.
- “A New Picture for May” (October 2016 Friend)
May learns that God loves her when she makes a paper necklace in Primary.
- “No Matter What!” (September 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Christian B. helps his writing buddy feel better by teaching her about Christ’s love for us.
- “No Matter Who You Are” (July 2016 Liahona and Friend)
Andi is sad because her parents aren’t members of the Church and they haven’t been sealed in the temple, but her Primary teacher reminds her that she is a child of God and He will bless her and her family.
- “Picture Day!” (May 2016 Friend)
A girl is embarrassed on school picture day because she doesn’t have anything nice to wear, but her teacher reminds her that she is beautiful because of who she is.
- “A Prayer in the Attic” (February 2015 Friend)
A family miraculously remains hidden during a soldier inspection.
- “Seeing a Child of God” (November 2008 Friend)
Grandmother’s mirror helps Mike and Billy remember they are children of God.
- “Stung by the Spelling Bee” (January 2019 Friend)
Allie is upset after missing a word in the spelling bee because she’s afraid she let her parents down. She is finally comforted after singing “I Am a Child of God” in Primary on Sunday.
- “This Little Light of Mine” (January 2017 Friend)
Dinah feels uncomfortable after a classmate points out that her skin is a different color, but Dinah’s mom helps her remember that we are all special and can let our light shine.
- “What Really Matters” (February 2013 Liahona and Friend)
When she is teased at school, Charlotte finds comfort in knowing she is a child of God.
- “What’s in the Box?” (February 2019 Friend)
Ava learns that she is one of Heavenly Father’s greatest creations during a Primary lesson.
- “Who Loves You” (September 2015 Friend)
Heavenly Father sent you to be a very special part of your family who love you.
- “A Child of God” (February 2005 Friend)
This activity allows children to create faces with different eyes, noses, and mouths.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Labels
After reading President Thomas S. Monson’s “Labels” (March 2005 Liahona and Friend), make for each person paper tags to wear that read “Lord, here am I.” Discuss ways we can obey the Lord, like Samuel did. Remind family members that the way Heavenly Father sees us is more important than how the world sees us.
- “Fighting Off Falsehoods” (July 2017 Friend)
Some things you see might make you feel bad about yourself. Practice battling Satan’s lies with Heavenly Father’s truths by matching each falsehood with a truth.
- “Heavenly Father Loves Me, and He Has a Plan for Me” (January 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A snowflake craft and story about how every child is special.
- “I Have a Father in Heaven, Who Loves Me” (January 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Make a bookmark reminder. Includes a short lesson by Primary presidency member Cheryl Esplin.
- “I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me” (January 2004 Friend)
A printable “I am a child of God” picture frame.
- “It’s Good to Be Me!” (November 2016 Friend)
Heavenly Father made everyone different. Answer these questions to draw a picture that represents you.
- “Sharing Time: I Am a Child of God” (March 2003 Liahona and Friend)
Help children make a picture frame that reflects their interests.
- “Sharing Time: I Am a Child of God” (January 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Cut out and glue together a box that shares scriptures about our heritage as children of God.
- “Sharing Time: I Am a Child of God” (February 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Make a crown frame to remind you that you are a child of God.
- Sharing Time: “I Am a Child of God” (January 1989 Friend)
Use scriptures to fill in this color-by-number sheet.
- Sharing Time: “Know Who You Are” (February 1988 Friend)
Includes a short lesson, poem, and pictures.
- “You Are Special” (November 2008 Friend)
A wordsearch puzzle.
- “You Are Super!” (November 2016 Friend)
Cut out these reminders and quotes of how you can be super in different ways.