- “The Secret Santa” (December 2018 Friend)
Someone is leaving secret gifts outside Tasha door every day and she decides to say thank you by passing kindness on to others.
- “Adam’s Big Green Cast” (January 2018 Friend)
After his brother breaks his leg and has to be in a cast, Matthew plays with him and makes him happy.
- “April’s New Wheelchair” (April 2015 Friend)
April’s Brother gets April to laugh as she learns to use a wheelchair.
- “Art for the Heart” (June 2012 Friend)
Sydney befriends a new classmate from Ukraine and later visits her in the hospital.
- “Audrey Makes a Friend” (August 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Audrey sits by a lonely man at church to make him feel happy and loved.
- “Awkward” (April 2015 Friend)
A girl realizes that she can try new things even when she’s feeling shy.
- “Be a Shining Example” (August 2015 Friend)
Elder Bruce D. Porter of the Seventy shares stories of how his children were examples of faith, kindness, reading the scriptures, and courage.
- “Be Kind” (August 2003 Friend)
Elder Robert C. Oaks of the Seventy says that leadership to treating others kindly and honestly. We should especially be kind to our family members.
- “The Bully Busters” (November 2013 Friend)
Two girls decide to do something nice for a boy after they see him being bullied.
- “Calvin’s Awesome Space Jet” (March 2015 Friend)
Find out why Mom looked ready to cry.
- “The Candy Plan” (October 2015 Friend)
Josh shares his Halloween candy with others.
- “Cheering Up Grandpa” (April 2015 Friend)
Mike helped his Grandpa find joy after Grandma’s death.
- “Choosing Kindness” (January 2007 Friend)
Elder Paul V. Johnson of the Seventy shares he decided to never be a bully.
- “Coats and New Friends” (November 2015 Friend)
Matej helps collect coats for children in his city whose families are refugees from Burma.
- “Colby’s Card” (February 2018 Friend)
Cobly learns that he can be like Jesus by comforting others, so he decides to make a card for his friend’s mom when she is sick.
- “Courage to Be Kind” (August 2016 Friend)
After seeing a friend being bullied, Rachael and her friend Lexi started a kindness challenge and shared it with their whole school.
- “Dare to Be Kind!” (April 2018 Liahona and Friend)
Claudia, who lives in Australia, shines her light by showing kindness to others.
- “Dear Gracie” (November 2015 Friend)
Gracie is comforted about her upcoming surgery when she makes friends with an older girl who also has spina bifida.
- “The Doll in the Green Dress” (October 2015 Friend)
Hannah shares a doll with her sister.
- “Earrings for Jasmine” (September 2017 Friend)
Abby is nice to a new girl at her school, even when the other girls make fun of her.
- “Emily’s Lawn Service” (June 2015 Friend)
Emily earns money by mowing lawns to give to a family with medical expenses.
- “Erin the Good Samaritan” (October 1992 Friend)
A Primary girl feels happy when she serves a family in her ward.
- “Fasting for Vanuatu!” (September 2015 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring was moved by hearing of the storm damaged island of Vanuatu to pay his fast offering early so it might help the hungry, homeless and lonely.
- “Firecracker Charlie” (March 2013 Friend)
Charlie’s older siblings learn how to help him feel more included.
- “First-Grade Buddies” (March 2004 Friend)
A boy decides to end teasing in his school by befriending younger students.
- “Flowers and Friendship” (April 2015 Friend)
Jenny solves a problem with her friend by getting an answer to prayer.
- “A Friend Like Mark” (August 2018 Friend)
The boys in Josh’s Primary class make fun of him, but then a new boy moves in and is nice to him.
- “Friendship Adds Up” (September 2015 Friend)
Kyle and Ricky help each other learn different subjects in school, and become friends in the process.
- “Friends of All Ages” (April 2015 Friend)
Tyler follows Jesus by helping elderly neighbors.
- “The Funny-Face Fix” (June 2015 Friend)
Ben helped his mom by figuring out how to get his baby sister to stop crying.
- “The Gecko Rescue” (May 2017 Friend)
Andrea sews her mom’s beanbag gecko when she notices there is a hole in it.
- “Good Neighbors” (December 2010 Friend)
Sadie thinks that showing kindness to her mean neighbor would be a good idea.
- “Good Samaritan” (March 1999 Friend)
A Primary girl learns that she is a good Samaritan when she serves others.
- “The Grump” (February 2013 Friend)
A girl shows kindness to her neighbor.
- “Hands, Heart, and a Smile” (August 2016 Liahona and Friend)
Lydia learns that what makes someone beautiful is choosing the right and being kind.
- “Happy to Help” (October 2015 Friend)
William and his siblings help their neighbor rake leaves.
- “Helper for a Day” (July 2018 Friend)
Elena gets a turn to be the special helper at school, and she chooses a boy who doesn’t usually get picked to help.
- “Helping a Brother” (January 2013 Friend)
Lance helps his younger brother give a talk in Primary.
- “A Helping Angel” (December 2013 Friend)
Molly wants the lead in a play but ends up becoming friends with the girl who gets the part instead.
- “Helping Violet” (October 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Emma is assigned a seat next to a girl who is mean to her, but ends up being able to help her with her schoolwork.
- “How can I show kindness to others?” (October 2015 Friend)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks shares thoughts about the subject.
- “I Will Serve God with All My Heart, Might, Mind, and Strength” (September 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Madison comforts a sad girl during recess. Includes activity.
- “Jesus Heals a Leper” (April 2015 Liahona and Friend)
A lesson and activity to teach this scripture story.
- “Juan Carlos and the Conference Shirt” (June 1993 Liahona)
A boy sells a hard-earned new shirt for money to send a fellow village member to the hospital.
- “Kindness” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Won Yong Ko of the Seventy shares how others’ kindness helped him join the Church.
- “Love Spoken” (April 2016 Friend)
Cassie makes a tape recording for her mom to listen to so she won’t feel alone while she’s home sick.
- “Magnolia and Mia” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A girl interprets for a friend who doesn’t speak Spanish.
- “Matt & Mandy” (September 2015 Friend)
The Coopers have a tradition of doing a secret act of service every week.
- “Matt and Mandy” (February 2015 Friend)
Matt decides to befriend an unpopular kid at school.
- “Me? A Bully?” (February 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Jeff decides to be nice after his mom talks to him about being unkind to a boy in his class.
- “The Most Surprising Gift” (April 2014 Friend)
Maren discovers the best birthday present of all.
- “Musical Chairs” (September 2016 Friend)
Elizabeth realizes she was wrong to join in when all the other children avoided sitting by a boy in their Primary class.
- “The New Adventures of Matt and Mandy” (September 2013 Friend)
Mandy is sad when girls tease her at school. Matt recalls standing up for a boy teased at his school.
- “The New Adventures of Matt and Mandy” (August 2013 Friend)
Mandy offers to help a girl in her class study even though the girl had been mean to her.
- “Our Page” (January 2010 Liahona)
A profile on this page includes a story about a boy from Canada who shows kindness to a cousin in the hospital.
- “Our Page” (August 2010 Liahona)
This page includes the testimony of a girl from Brazil who feels happy when she helps her mother.
- “Pioneer Parasols” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A story about pioneer girls who trade their most prized possessions for food for their family.
- “The Princess and the Monster” (May 2013 Friend)
Erin invites a girl who is left out to play a game with her friends.
- “Puppies and Bottle Caps” (June 2015 Friend)
A photo story about Ashton, who coordinates community service such as visiting sick and lonely people.
- “A Real Hero” (September 2018 Friend)
Jake’s dad teaches him about how the Savior was a hero without hurting people.
- “A Real Smile” (November 2012 Friend)
Ethan makes fun of Matt, a boy with special needs, even though Ethan knows it is wrong. He later tries to be kind and befriend Matt.
- “Ric’s New Book” (March 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Ric gives his new Book of Mormon to a woman in his ward who needed it.
- “Sandwich Buddies” (December 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A story for young children about a boy who shares part of his sandwich with his friend who is hungry.
- “School-Bus Hero” (April 2016 Friend)
Jason is afraid to ride the bus because older kids tease him, but then another boy invites Jason to sit by him.
- “The Secret Weapon” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Adam learned the blessings of being kind.
- “A Sister’s Gift” (December 2017 Friend)
In 1908, Emilie’s family didn’t have money for Christmas presents, so she gave her younger sister a special gift.
- “Sister Sheldon’s Miracle” (August 2017 Liahona and Friend)
Elyse, age 10, shares how they did nice things for their Primary president when she had cancer.
- “Snow Friends” (February 2013 Friend)
A girl helps a classmate with a disability play in the snow.
- “S.O.C.K.S. Rock” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Sydney become a “Sisters of Courage, Kindness and Service” and made a pair of crazy socks to remind her.
- “The Sparkly Rock” (June 2015 Friend)
Laney shared the beautiful beach with her aunt who was sick at home.
- “Standing Up for Caleb” (March 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A child stands up for a new boy at his school.
- “Sticks and Stones” (September 2015 Friend)
Charlie decides to forgive his brother.
- “Stop Bullying Now” (September 2009 Friend)
An article about what bullying is and how we can help others be kind.
- “Stop It!” (June 2013 Friend)
President Uchtdorf reminds us to be kind to each other.
- “Super Spencer” (September 2016 Friend)
Spencer learns the power of good words and that being kind can make someone’s day.
- “Tag, You’re It” (August 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Lauren decides to not follow Tami’s plan to be mean to Ally.
- “Thanks for Your Helping Hands!” (November 2015 Friend)
Children from around the world share what they have done to help in their families and communities.
- “Trading for a Smile” (December 2012 Friend)
A boy trades with a lonely boy at the school fair when no one else will.
- “The Trike Race” (April 2015 Friend)
Brandon lets his friends win.
- “Warm Hands, Warm Heart” (December 2017 Friend)
Monroe realizes while playing outside at school that some of her friends have cold hands, so she brings gloves to share.
- “Warming Up to the Lindsays” (December 2013 Friend)
Karen learns how to love her neighbors when they visit for Christmas.
- “A Whisper of Kindness” (July 2012 Liahona and Friend)
James chooses to be kind to a boy who bullies him.
- “Who Loves You” (September 2015 Friend)
Heavenly Father sent you to be a very special part of your family who love you.
- “Winning Together” (October 2012 Friend)
A girl slows down to run a race with her little brother, even though it means losing the race.
- “The Worth of Soles” (October 2015 Friend)
Ben learns about kindness from a classmate’s example.
- Bright Idea Poster: “Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another.” (February 2010 Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “Jesus said love everyone; treat them kindly too.” (July 2016 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I Can Be Kind” (September 2017 Liahona and Friend)
- Music: “Jesus Said Love Everyone” (Children’s Songbook, 61)
- Music: “Kindness Begins with Me” (Children’s Songbook, 145)
- Music: “A Special Gift Is Kindness” (Children’s Songbook, 145)
- Poster: “Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam” (April 2015 Liahona and Friend)
- Poster: “Kindness Begins with Me” (June 2015 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “I’m Trying to Be like Jesus (Simplified)” (April 2012 Liahona and March 2012 Friend)
- Verse: “Kindness” (July 2008 Friend)
- Verse: “Kind, Like Jesus” (March 2008 Friend)
- Verse: “Say Something Nice” (November 2011 Friend)
We feel better when people say kind things, so we should be kind as well.
- Video: For Little Friends, “A Gift for Jesus”
Anna learns how to give gifts of kindness.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Can’t We Be Friends?”
Margaret prays and learns to be kind to make friends.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Showing Sorry”
Eli learns about kindness through repentance.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Talya’s Kindness”
Talya helps a girl feel better.
- Video: Matt and Mandy, “Speaking Kind Words” (May 2010 Friend)
Mandy chooses not to gossip about her friends.
- Video: “New Testament Stories, Chapter 19: The Sermon on the Mount”
- Video: “New Testament Stories, 35: The Good Samaritan”
- Video: “Sermon on the Mount: The Higher Law”
- Video: “The Coat”