- “A Helping Angel” (December 2013 Friend)
Molly wants the lead in a play but ends up becoming friends with the girl who gets the part instead.
- “A Real Smile” (November 2012 Friend)
Ethan makes fun of Matt, a boy with special needs, even though Ethan knows it is wrong. He later tries to be kind and befriend Matt.
- “Art for the Heart” (June 2012 Friend)
Sydney befriends a new classmate from Ukraine and later visits her in the hospital.
- “A Whisper of Kindness” (July 2012 Liahona and Friend)
James chooses to be kind to a boy who bullies him.
- “Audrey Makes a Friend” (August 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Audrey sits by a lonely man at church to make him feel happy and loved.
- “Be Kind” (August 2003 Friend)
Elder Robert C. Oaks of the Seventy says that leadership to treating others kindly and honestly. We should especially be kind to our family members.
- “Calvin’s Awesome Space Jet” (March 2015 Friend)
Find out why Mom looked ready to cry.
- “Choosing Kindness” (January 2007 Friend)
Elder Paul V. Johnson of the Seventy shares he decided to never be a bully.
- “Erin the Good Samaritan” (October 1992 Friend)
A Primary girl feels happy when she serves a family in her ward.
- “Firecracker Charlie” (March 2013 Friend)
Charlie’s older siblings learn how to help him feel more included.
- “First-Grade Buddies” (March 2004 Friend)
A boy decides to end teasing in his school by befriending younger students.
- “Good Neighbors” (December 2010 Friend)
Sadie thinks that showing kindness to her mean neighbor would be a good idea.
- “Good Samaritan” (March 1999 Friend)
A Primary girl learns that she is a good Samaritan when she serves others.
- “Helping a Brother” (January 2013 Friend)
Lance helps his younger brother give a talk in Primary.
- “Helping Violet” (October 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Emma is assigned a seat next to a girl who is mean to her, but ends up being able to help her with her schoolwork.
- “I Will Serve God with All My Heart, Might, Mind, and Strength” (September 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Madison comforts a sad girl during recess. Includes activity.
- “Juan Carlos and the Conference Shirt” (June 1993 Liahona)
A boy sells a hard-earned new shirt for money to send a fellow village member to the hospital.
- “Kindness” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Won Yong Ko of the Seventy shares how others’ kindness helped him join the Church.
- “Magnolia and Mia” (March 2015 Friend and Liahona)
A girl interprets for a friend who doesn’t speak Spanish.
- “Matt and Mandy” (February 2015 Friend)
Matt decides to befriend an unpopular kid at school.
- “Our Page” (January 2010 Liahona)
A profile on this page includes a story about a boy from Canada who shows kindness to a cousin in the hospital.
- “Our Page” (August 2010 Liahona)
This page includes the testimony of a girl from Brazil who feels happy when she helps her mother.
- “Pioneer Parasols” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A story about pioneer girls who trade their most prized possessions for food for their family.
- “Ric’s New Book” (March 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Ric gives his new Book of Mormon to a woman in his ward who needed it.
- “Sandwich Buddies” (December 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A story for young children about a boy who shares part of his sandwich with his friend who is hungry.
- “The Secret Weapon” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Adam learned the blessings of being kind.
- “Snow Friends” (February 2013 Friend)
A girl helps a classmate with a disability play in the snow.
- “Standing Up for Caleb” (March 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A child stands up for a new boy at his school.
- “Stop Bullying Now” (September 2009 Friend)
An article about what bullying is and how we can help others be kind.
- “Stop It!” (June 2013 Friend)
President Uchtdorf reminds us to be kind to each other.
- “The Bully Busters” (November 2013 Friend)
Two girls decide to do something nice for a boy after they see him being bullied.
- “The Grump” (February 2013 Friend)
A girl shows kindness to her neighbor.
- “The Most Surprising Gift” (April 2014 Friend)
Maren discovers the best birthday present of all.
- “The New Adventures of Matt and Mandy” (September 2013 Friend)
Mandy is sad when girls tease her at school. Matt recalls standing up for a boy teased at his school.
- “The New Adventures of Matt and Mandy” (August 2013 Friend)
Mandy offers to help a girl in her class study even though the girl had been mean to her.
- “The Princess and the Monster” (May 2013 Friend)
Erin invites a girl who is left out to play a game with her friends.
- “Trading for a Smile” (December 2012 Friend)
A boy trades with a lonely boy at the school fair when no one else will.
- “Warming Up to the Lindsays” (December 2013 Friend)
Karen learns how to love her neighbors when they visit for Christmas.
- “Winning Together” (October 2012 Friend)
A girl slows down to run a race with her little brother, even though it means losing the race.
- Bright Idea Poster: “Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another.” (February 2010 Friend)
- Music: “Jesus Said Love Everyone” (Children’s Songbook, 61)
- Music: “Kindness Begins with Me” (Children’s Songbook, 145)
- Music: “A Special Gift Is Kindness” (Children’s Songbook, 145)
- Sheet Music: “I’m Trying to Be like Jesus (Simplified)” (April 2012 Liahona and March 2012 Friend)
- Verse: “Kindness” (July 2008 Friend)
- Verse: “Kind, Like Jesus” (March 2008 Friend)
- Verse: “Say Something Nice” (November 2011 Friend)
We feel better when people say kind things, so we should be kind as well.
- Video: For Little Friends, “A Gift for Jesus”
Anna learns how to give gifts of kindness.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Can’t We Be Friends?”
Margaret prays and learns to be kind to make friends.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Showing Sorry”
Eli learns about kindness through repentance.
- Video: For Little Friends, “Talya’s Kindness”
Talya helps a girl feel better.
- Video: Matt and Mandy, “Speaking Kind Words” (May 2010 Friend)
Mandy chooses not to gossip about her friends.
- Video: “New Testament Stories, Chapter 19: The Sermon on the Mount”
- Video: “New Testament Stories, 35: The Good Samaritan”
- Video: “Sermon on the Mount: The Higher Law”
- Video: “The Coat”