- “Above the Line” (May 2013 Friend)
Robert makes the choice not to use bad language.
- “Aren’t You a Mormon?” (April 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Lillie swears to fit in, but her bad language doesn’t impress anyone.
- “A Soft Answer” (April 2011 Liahona and Friend )
A girl learns to reply with kindness to her younger sister. Includes “soft-answer reminders” that children can color and cut out.
- “Dear Class” (September 2012 Friend)
Ethan publicly apologizes to his class after he uses bad language. Learn what defines bad language and how you can stamp out bad language.
- “Keep Your Words Above the Line” (May 2013 Friend)
Ideas for using kind words.
- “Question Corner: What should I do when bad thoughts come into my mind?” (February 2013 Friend)
- “Take Not the Name of God in Vain” (November 2004 Friend )
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) shares how his mother once washed his mouth out with soap to teach him not to swear.
- “Those Words ” (December 2011 Liahona and Friend )
Shelby’s friends learn to respect her for not using or wanting to hear bad language.
- “What Can I Do to Keep from Hearing Swear Words?” (April 2012 Friend )
Children share their answers to this question.