- “Always Ready” (February 2012 Friend)
Jeffrey faces many choices throughout the day, but the Spirit prompts him to choose the right media as he listens to the radio and plays computer games.
- “A Voice of Warning” (August 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Tad finds a pornographic magazine in a garbage can. He takes it home, but then he feels bad and decides not to look at the pictures.
- “Birthday Standards” (August 2010 Friend)
Lisa speaks up about bad music playing at a friend’s birthday party.
- “Choose the Right Media” (April 2012 Friend)
Guidelines on choosing appropriate entertainment. Includes stories from a couple of children.
- “Crash and Tell” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Connor quickly turns off computer and tells his parents after he sees some bad pictures on the Internet.
- “In the Zone” (January 2011 Friend)
Aubrey decides to spend less time watching TV after she realizes she is watching it too much.
- “Jason’s Escape” (August 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A boy learns that the Spirit can warn us of bad media when a friend wants to play an inappropriate video game. Includes ten tips for being media smart.
- “Just a Little Violence?” (August 2007 Liahona and New Era)
A young man learns how watching violent movies affects him.
- “Quiet Time” (November 2003 Friend )
Elder R. Conrad Shultz of the Seventy encourages us to disconnect from the media and find quiet time to think and talk to Heavenly Father.
- “The Bad Movie” (June 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Evelyn decides to watch things only pleasing to Heavenly Father when her class chooses a movie to watch.
- “The Best Coach” (October 2009 Friend)
Jacob leaves a team party at his coach’s home when his team starts looking at magazines with inappropriate pictures.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus” (January 2012 Friend)
Features a boy from Canada who closed a comic book with violent pictures.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus: A Movie Choice” (February 2011 Friend)
Daniel asks to change movies after a bad movie is put on in a friend’s car.
- “Unplugged” (February 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Three families share how they balance media time with other activities.
- “With so many bad things around, how can I keep good thoughts in my mind?” (November 2012 Friend )
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.