- “All Because a Child Knew the Articles of Faith” (June 2006 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson tells the story of a girl who shared the Articles of Faith with another traveler on a bus. After the experience, the man looked up the Church and he and his family were all baptized.
- “Be A Missionary Now” (September 2012 Friend )
Ten suggestions of ways to share the gospel.
- “Family MTC” (October 2013 Friend)
Jarom enjoys participating in Family MTC with his family every Sunday.
- “How can I be a missionary now?” (April 2010 Friend )
Elder Quentin L. Cook shares some thoughts that will help you be a better full-time missionary.
- “How can I prepare to serve a mission?” (November 2010 Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “Karl’s Mission” (November 2007 Friend)
When Adam and Tamira’s older brother gets a mission call, they learn how they can prepare to serve missions one day.
- “Missionary Preparation”
A section in the Family Home Evening Resource Book includes stories and lesson ideas.
- “My Brother the Missionary” (December 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Kevin shares how watching his brother taught him what he needs to know about preparing for a mission.
- “My Mission Fund” (December 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A 9-year-old boy tells about saving for a mission.
- “Preparing for a Mission” (October 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Ulisses Soares of the Seventy tells how his bishop talked with him when he was 11 years old and told him how to start preparing for a mission.
- “What makes missionaries special?” (November 2013 Friend)
Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject. Includes some thoughts on saving money for a mission.
- “What’s the Answer?” (November 2012 Friend)
Some suggestions on how to answer your friends’ questions about the gospel.