- “A 10-Year-Old Teacher” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy shares a testimony of the plan of salvation with his aunt’s roommate.
- “A Brave Little Mormon Girl”(March 2012Friend)
A ten-year-old girl talks about the Church and has a positive impact on a visiting author.
- “A Light in the Dark” (August 2013 Friend)
Nathan decides to put a flashlight in a package to his missionary brother, and the light turns out more useful than he imagined!
- “All Because a Child Knew the Articles of Faith”(June 2006Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson tells the story of a girl who shared the Articles of Faith with another traveler on a bus. After the experience, the man looked up the Church and he and his family were all baptized.
- “A Sacred Light” (February 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President James E. Faust tells a story about how a woman was converted because of the kindness of her nurse, who was a member of the Church.
- “Be A Missionary Now”(September 2012Friend)
Ten suggestions of ways to share the gospel.
- “Chad and Andre”(April 2013Friend)
Chad sets a good example for an exchange student from France.
- “Fearless in Sharing the Gospel”(November 2009Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring tells of his great-grandmother sharing the gospel with others.
- “Grandma’s Little Missionary” (April 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Vitor reads to his grandmother from the Book of Mormon and Liahona while she is ill, and she decides to be baptized.
- “How can I be a missionary now?”(April 2010Friend)
Elder Quentin L. Cook shares some thoughts on being a missionary now.
- “How can I be a missionary now?”(November 2011Friend)
Elder Russell M. Nelson shares how children can be missionaries.
- “How can I be a missionary now?”(May 2007Friend)
Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “I Can Be a Missionary Too” (February 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Brett’s older brother, who is serving a mission, teaches him that you are doing missionary work when you serve others.
- “Inviting Jacob” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Eric invites his friend Jacob to come to church with him. Includes a simple maze activity.
- “Jesus Calls His Disciples” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Jesus calls Simon and Andrew from their fishing boat. For young readers; includes a coloring page.
- “Jumping Rope with Emma”(November 2012Friend)
Maddie invites a friend from school to come with her to church after she finds out the girl is a member of the Church, but hasn’t been in a long time.
- “Missionary Friend” (September 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Alex learns that being a friend and being a missionary can be the same when he invites his friend to Church.
- “Missionary Friends” (March 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Gary J. Coleman of the Seventy shares how friendly Church members helped him feel comfortable when he was learning about the gospel.
- “My Mission Fund” (December 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A 9-year-old boy tells about saving for a mission.
- “Now is the Time”(November 2004Friend)
Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve shares how one little girl on a bike reactivated her whole family. Now is the time to do missionary work.
- “Preparing for a Mission” (October 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Ulisses Soares of the Seventy tells how his bishop talked with him when he was 11 years old and told him how to start preparing for a mission.
- “Question Corner: I don’t know anyone I can invite to church. What are other ways I can be a missionary now?”(June 2012Friend)
Several children share ideas on how to be missionaries now.
- “Reach Out to Others” (August 2009 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson tells how his daughter, Ann, shared a Book of Mormon with her kindergarten teacher.
- “Samuel Smith, Missionary”(February 1985Friend)
Illustrated retelling of Samuel Smith being called as the first ordained missionary in the church.
- “Scriptures in a Suitcase” (June 2004 Liahona and Friend)
A girl has a missionary opportunity when she reads the Book of Mormon at a school camp.
- “Teaching Tanner’s Teacher” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy shares a picture of Christ with his teacher, and she eventually is baptized.
- “Thankful for Missionary Work” (June 2006 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) shares some of his missionary experiences from the British Isles.
- “The Gift of the Gospel” (July 2008 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring encourages us to share the gospel.
- “The Gospel—A Gift to Share”(June 2012Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring talks about missionaries and how to find people for the missionaries to teach. Includes an illustrated story of children inviting a neighbor to family home evening and an activity to match scriptures with illustrations of blessings.
- “The Gospel is for Everyone” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf testifies that the gospel is for people of every nation.
- “The Most Precious Gift” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl weaves a serape for a missionary who introduced her family to the gospel.
- “The Open House” (December 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl invites a nonmember friend to a ward open house.
- “The Right Dress” (January 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Anna chooses a new dress so she can look like the sister missionaries.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus”(July 2009Friend)
Features a girl from Arizona who taught her friends to pray during an overnight school field trip.
- “What’s the Answer?”(November 2012 Friend)
Some suggestions on how to answer your friends’ questions about the gospel.
- “Who Is Jesus?” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A boy shares his testimony of Jesus with a friend.
- “At the Pageant” (June 2013 Friend)
The sister missionaries are looking for three people who want to learn more about the Church.
- “Being Like a Missionary” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Learn about Enoch, an ancient missionary, and color a picture of a modern missionary.
- Coloring Page: “Because I know we are all children of God, I will share the gospel with others.” (July 2008 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I can be a missionary now.”(September 2011Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I can prepare now to serve a full-time mission.”(November 2012Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Testimony of Truth”(December 2003Friend)
- “Draw a Missionary”(September 2012Friend)
Follow these instructions to draw a missionary from the early days of the Church.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Missionary Work
“Missionary Work” (June 2005 Liahona and Friend) includes five ideas for missionary-themed family home evenings, including dressing up like missionaries, practicing how to answer questions, and sharing the scriptures.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Preparing for a Mission
Complete the “Preparing for a Mission” activity (October 2007 Friend). Draw a circle around the pictures of activities that you are already doing to prepare for a mission. Then choose one activity you would like to start doing. For your next family home evening lesson, plan to do this activity. You might decorate a box to use as a savings bank for your mission, invite someone from your family or ward to teach you a few phrases in another language, or have a parent show you how to iron. Can you think of other skills that would be useful?
- “Help the Missionaries” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Help the missionaries get to appointments with this maze-like activity.
- “Helping Feed the Savior’s Lambs” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring explains how children can help nourish the faith of others. Includes a coloring activity that invites children to think about how they can share the gospel and strengthen new members of the Church.
- “I Can Be a Missionary Now!” (January 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Anna is trying to follow the examples of the missionaries. Follow the instructions in this board game so she can make choices that will help her be a missionary now.
- “I Can Choose to Be a Missionary Now”(November 2012Friend)
Talk with your family about how you would answer the questions in the situations on these pages.
- “I Hope They Call Me On a Mission” (January 2013 Friend)
Ideas for setting goals.
- "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission: Setting Goals"(January 2013Friend)
Includes a quote from President Monson about missionary service and a thought fromPreach My Gospelabout goals.
- "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission: Cooking Basics"(March 2013Friend)
Includes basic vocabulary, instructions, and a related scripture.
- "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission: Meet and Greet with Confidence"(May 2013Friend)
Includes a recipe for sweet potato fries.
- "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission: Money Matters"(July 2013Friend)
Includes a recipe for a cheesy tuna melt.
- “I Will Prepare”(March 2011Friend)
As a reminder to prepare to serve a mission, print this certificate, sign it, and keep it on your wall or in your journal.
- “Jesus Calls His Disciples” (July 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A coloring page of Jesus calling Simon and Andrew from their fishing boat. Includes a story.
- “Let’s Put on a Pageant!” (June 2013 Friend)
A scripted activity depicting the story of Ammon and the Lamanite King.
- “Life of a Missionary”(November 2012 Friend)
Help the missionaries put their schedule in order by finding the activity that should happen at each of the different times.
- “Making a New Friend” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Look for hidden objects in this picture of a boy inviting another boy to play with him.
- “Matching Missionaries”(July 2008Friend)
Find the matching set of missionaries then think of five ways you can be a missionary by example.
- “Mission Call” (September 2013 Friend)
This young woman jus received her mission call. Can you find the hidden objects in the picture?
- “Missionary Activity”(July 2008Friend)
Cutout, color and assemble this missionary to use while you sing “I Hope They Call Me on a Mission.”
- “Missionary Appointment” (September 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Help the missionaries find the right door for the apartment where they have an appointment.
- “Missionary Mail”(August 2010Friend)
Read these missionary letters and try to match the description on the letter to its correct stamp.
- “Missionary Maze”(May 2011Friend)
Help the missionaries find their way to their appointment.
- “Missionary Work” (June 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Includes family home evening activity ideas on the topic of preparing to serve a mission.
- “Preaching Two by Two”(July 2010Friend)
Help the missionary find his companion by finding the missionary that doesn’t have a matching tie.
- “Sharing the Book of Mormon around the World” (April 2013 Friend)
Use the clues to match the illustrated people with their native countries.
- “The Gospel Will Be Preached in All the World” (September 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a memory game to match things children can do to be a missionary now with illustrations showing those things.
- “The Sons of Mosiah”(July 2008Friend)
Fingerplay about the sons of Mosiah choosing to be missionaries.
- “Welcome Home, Elder” (September 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Find the hidden objects in this illustration showing an elder returning home from his mission.
- “We’ll Bring the World His Truth”(May 2010Friend)
Find the differences in these two pictures showing missionaries.
- Book of Mormon Scripture Figures: “Alma and Amulek’s Mission to Ammonihah” (April 2012 Liahona and Friend)
- Book of Mormon Scripture Figures: “The Zoramites and the Rameumptom” (June 2012 Liahona and Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “Young men, I admonish you to prepare for service as a missionary.”(February 2011 Friend)
- Image Collection: “Member Missionary”
- Image Collection: “Missionary”
- Music: “Called to Serve” (Children’s Songbook, 174)
- Music: “I Hope They Call Me on a Mission” (Children’s Songbook, 169)
- Music: “I Want to be a Missionary Now” (Children’s Songbook, 168)
- Music: “The Church of Jesus Christ” (Children’s Songbook, 77)
- Music: “The Things I Do”(Children’s Songbook,170)
- Music: “We’ll Bring the World His Truth” (Children’s Songbook, 172)
- Sheet Music: “Go on a Mission”(August 1986Friend)
- Simplified Sheet Music: “I Want to Be a Missionary Now”(November 2012Friend)
- Video: "Activity Day Rescuers"
A group of girls invite their friends and neighbors to get involved in activity days. Taken from the April 2013 Primary Leadership Training broadcast.
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 15: Alma Teaches and Baptizes”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 19: The Sons of Mosiah Become Missionaries”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 22: Alma’s Mission to Ammonihah”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 23: Ammon: A Great Servant”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 25: Aaron Teaches King Lamoni’s Father”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 37: Nephi and Lehi in Prison”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 40: Samuel the Lamanite Tells about Jesus Christ”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 12: Samuel Smith's Mission (June 1830)”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 15: A Mission to the Lamanites (September 1830)”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 25: Joseph Smith and Sidney Rigdon go on a Mission (December 1831–January 1832)”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 49: Missionaries in Other Lands (June 1837–October 1841)”
- Video: Matt and Mandy, “A Missionary Cousin”
- Video: "Missionary Song Medley"
Children and youth are depicted preparing for missionary service. Taken from the June 2013 Worldwide Leadership Broadcast.
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “Your Day for a Mission”
Elder Neil L. Andersen tells the story of Sid Going, a rugby star who left a promising career to serve a mission.