- “Hannah’s New Dress” (June 2011 Friend)
A girl decides to wear a shirt under a sleeveless dress.
- “Hero” (October 2005 Liahona and Friend)
A young girl idolizes her favorite singer until the singer decides to dress and dance immodestly.
- “Modest at Any Age” (May 2010 Friend)
Rebecca decides to dress modestly.
- “Modesty Means …” (July 2017 Friend)
Modesty is a lot more than how we dress. It’s how we act, speak, and treat people. Includes a drawing activity.
- “Old Rules, New Dress” (May 2007 Friend)
When a girl’s favorite dress shrinks in the wash and becomes too short, she must decide whether to follow her parents’ rules about modesty or be like everyone else. She prays to receive her own testimony about modesty.
- “The Orange Shirt” (May 2013 Friend)
A young girl learns about modesty when shopping with her friend.
- “Remembering Modesty” (April 2012 Friend)
This poster reviews the standards of modesty discussed in the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet.
- “Sewing a Modest Style” (December 2011 Friend)
Activity-day girls made modest skirts and modeled them in a fashion show.
- “Shine Your Light!” (August 2016 Friend)
Ideas for how you can be modest in how you act, dress, speak, treat your body, and treat others.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus” (July 2009 Friend)
Features a girl from Italy who refused to wear an immodest dance costume, even when her teacher said she could not perform in the program.
- “Why is what I wear to church important?” (December 2009 Friend)
Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quoroum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on the subject.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Family Modesty
Read “Modesty Means …” (July 2017 Friend) and draw another cartoon about modesty together! Then make a family modesty goal for the next week.
- “Modesty Checklist” (May 2010 Friend)
A printable checklist of modesty standards. Includes a visual aid about respecting yourself.
- “My Body Is a Temple of God” (August 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A simple analogy of our bodies as temples, as well as a maze activity that uses choices as clues to find the right way.
- “Where to Wear?” (July 2017 Friend)
Write or draw pictures of what you think is modest for each situation.
- Video: “195 Dresses”
A young woman in Arizona came up with a prom-dress plan that allowed her to dress in a way that respected her body and Heavenly Father’s plan.