- “1-2-3! We’re Here to Help!” (May 2013 Friend)
Tyler and Trey learn how they can honor and help their mother.
- “A Mother’s Influence” (April 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Carlos H. Amado of the Seventy shares some memories of the influence his mother had on him and their large family.
- “I am a daughter of God. Who can be my role model as I grow up?” (May 2011 Friend)
Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles tells girls to model themselves after their mothers.
- “Many Hands Make Light Work” (May 2012 Friend)
Lizzy and her siblings come to the rescue after their mom hurts her hand.
- “Mother’s Day for Mrs. Martin” (May 2004 Friend)
Sarah decides to make Mother’s Day special for her neighbor who has no children and whose mother and grandmothers have already passed away.
- “Our Page” (August 2010 Liahona)
This page includes the testimony of a girl from Brazil who feels happy when she helps her mother.
- “Rememering Mothers” (May 2013 Friend)
Stories about the mothers of some of the latter-day prophets.
- “Sarah’s Mother’s Day Gift” (May 1995 Friend)
Sarah gives her mother a special gift on Mother’s Day by helping her younger brother during sacrament meeting.
- “Serving Mrs. Burrows” (December 2012 Friend)
Elder Michael T. Ringwood of the Seventy shares how his mother taught him to serve others.
- “Showing the Love in Your Heart” (September 2009 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a poem about showing love to your mother by helping her.
- “Spencer’s Mother” (May 2007 Friend)
Stories about President Spencer W. Kimball (1895-1985) and his mother.
- “The Lookout Girls” (July 2011 Friend)
Amy and Becca decide to help their mom remember things she might forget while taking care of their new baby brother.
- “The Most Important Job” (May 2011 Friend)
Includes a recipe for a Mother’s Day parfait.
- “Women Are Important in the Church!” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “Women of Faith” (May 2007 Friend)
Elder John B. Dickson of the Seventy tells about of the faith of his mother and other women in his family.
- “Colorful Layered Cake” (August 2012 Friend)
Try this recipe for a cake like the ones President Monson’s mother would make.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Mothers
Read “Mother’s Day for Mrs. Martin” (May 2004 Friend). Discuss ways to celebrate Mother’s Day—by honoring both your mother and other special women you know. Choose someone (maybe a neighbor or a grandmother) whom your family would like to honor and make her a “Quilted Card” (May 2004 Friend).
- “French Toast Sandwich, Layered Breakfast, and Morning Sunshine Shake” (May 2006 Friend)
A suggestion for a mother’s day breakfast.
- “Happy Mother’s Day!” (May 2000 Friend)
Make a poster card of things you can do with your mom.
- “Mom” (May 2003 Friend)
Cut out this card to give to your mom.
- “Mother’s Day Activities” (May 2012 Friend)
Includes a recipe for breakfast waffle sandwiches and a sign to give to your mom.
- “Mothers in the Scriptures” (May 2008 Friend)
Match these descriptions of different mothers in the scriptures with their names and the names of their sons.
- “Puzzle Page” (August 2012 Friend)
Includes a word search with words describing women and a code to solve to find what helped the stripling warriors.
- “T-Shirt Tote for Mom” (May 2013 Friend)
Make a tote bag for your mom by using a colorful T-shirt.
- “The Most Important Job” (May 2011 Friend)
Maddie discovers that her mom has a really important job. Includes a recipe.
- “We Do Not Doubt” (March 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A dot-to-dot showing a mother teaching a future stripling warrior to pray.
- “Women of the Gospel” (May 2006 Friend)
Match the names of these women with their descriptions and then reveal a message about mothers.
- Image Collection: “Motherhood”
- Music: “A Happy Family” (Children’s Songbook, 198)
- Music: “Dearest Mother, I Love You” (Children’s Songbook, 206)
- Music: “I Often Go Walking” (Children’s Songbook, 202)
- Music: “Love Is Spoken Here” (Children’s Songbook, 190)
- Music: “Mother Dear” (Children’s Songbook, 206)
- Music: “Mother, Tell Me the Story” (Children’s Songbook, 204)
- Music: “Mother, I Love You” (Children’s Songbook, 207)
- Verse: “My Mother’s Hands” (May 2010 Friend)
We should follow our mothers’ examples and choose the right.
- Music: “Quickly I’ll Obey” (Children’s Songbook, 197)
- Music: “The Dearest Names” (Children’s Songbook, 208)
- Music: “When We’re Helping” (Children’s Songbook, 198)
- Poem: “My Mother’s Hands” (May 2010 Friend)