- “Andy’s Choice” (May 2008 Friend)
A young boy chooses to follow his family’s rules even when his parents aren’t around.
- “Ben Obeys” (October 2006 Friend)
Ben is protected when a car hits him on his bike because he followed his family’s rule about helmets.
- “The Blessing Quest” (February 2015 Friend)
Nathan wants to skip church and play outside instead!
- “Born of Goodly Parents” (January 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Joseph Smith’s mother taught obedience by example.
- “A Busy Day for Hands” (January 2014 Friend)
How can you be obedient with your hands?
- “Cartoon Choice” (March 2015 Friend)
A boy decides to draw instead of watch an inappropriate show with his classmates.
- “Chihuahuas and Choices” (May 2014 Friend)
Was obeying her mom worth losing her best friend?
- “Choosing Not to Cheat” (January 2014 Friend)
My teacher asked to talk to me. Did I do something wrong?
- “Courage to Live the Gospel” (March 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Erich W. Kopischke of the Seventy teaches that if we obey the commandments, Heavenly Father will help us know what to do and say.
- “David’s Lesson” (May 2003 Friend)
A young boy learns that following the rules is for his own good.
- “Double Happy” (February 2017 Friend)
Lilly has been helping her brother in Primary, but then her mom asks her to stop and let his teacher help him.
- “Fire!” (August 2015 Friend)
President Tomas S. Monson tells a story from his youth when he learned the importance of obedience. Includes a maze activity.
- “Following Family Rules” (February 2013 Friend)
Suggestions for establishing family media rules.
- “Follow the Signs” (May 2006 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson gives us six rules to live by: choose good friends, seek parental guidance, study the gospel, obey the commandments, serve with love, and pray with purpose.
- “The Hill” (December 2016 Friend)
Darla follows her family’s rule not to sled down a big hill even when her friends want her to.
- “How can the gospel help me be happy?” (March 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles teaches that obedience to the principles of the gospel makes us happy.
- “How can I stay safe and happy in life?” (September 2015 Friend)
Thoughts by and a story from the life of Elder M. Russell Ballard.
- “How do I know if something is appropriate to do on Sunday?” (August 2015 Friend)
Children answer the question.
- “If I Choose to Obey I’ll be Happy all Day!” (April 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Brandon learns that being obedient makes him happy. Includes instructions for creating a Beatitude Book.
- “Jumping Fences” (June 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Daryl H. Garn of the Seventy shares the story of an unruly horse who could not learn to be obedient.
- “Keep the Commandments” (December 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles teaches that Abinadi was a powerful example of obeying the Lord.
- “Lessons from Dandy” (August 2005 Liahona and Friend)
President David O. McKay’s (1873–1970) disobedient horse taught him the blessings of obeying.
- “Lost in a Blizzard” (January 2004 Friend)
Danny learns the importance of obedience when he disobeys his father and gets lost in a blizzard.
- “Lost on the Trail” (May 2012 Friend)
Karl thinks he knows better than his parents and Scouting leaders, but he learns an important lesson in obedience when he gets lost at night.
- “Micah Obeys” (August 2016 Friend)
Micah learns that when he does what his parents ask, he is happier.
- “Now Is the Time to Obey” (August 2008 Friend)
Elder David F. Evans of the Seventy teaches that we should obey when asked to do things.
- “Obedience Helps Us Be Happy” (February 2017 Friend)
Elder L. Whitney Clayton of the Presidency of the Seventy shares how he was obedient as a child and how he has seen the blessings of obedience. Includes a coded message and letter puzzle activities.
- “Obstacle-Course Challenge” (February 2014 Friend)
DJ was blindfolded—but not alone.
- “The Ratings Rule” (February 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Ethan decides not to play a game with a rating that his family has a rule about not playing.
- “Safe Ground” (May 2017 Friend)
A family learns about the importance of staying on safe ground while visiting Yellowstone National Park and compares it to following the commandments.
- “Ski Decision” (December 2013 Friend)
Ethan learns to trust his ski instructor when he tells him where to go and realizes that the same is true when Heavenly Father tells us what to do.
- “Special Witness: How can I help my family have a Christ-centered home?” (May 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve shares thoughts on the subject.
- “Stay, Annie” (August 2008 Friend)
Jacob learns about the importance of obeying when the family dog won’t stay in their yard.
- “Toys in the Tub” (March 2017 Friend)
Eli learns that choices have consequences when his mom tells him not to put his new toy in the water.
- “TV Trouble” (March 2015 Friend)
Two girls leave a friend’s house when she starts watching an inappropriate TV show.
- “Walk the High Road” (January 2006 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) teaches us to build happy futures through prayer, faith, and keeping the commandments.
- “The Well Boxes” (September 2004 Liahona and Friend)
Jens chooses to obey his mother when invited to play near dangerous docks.
- “Why is Being Obedient So Important” (April 2015 Liahona and Friend)
Learn about Elder Russell M. Nelson and why he believes it’s important to be Obedient.
- Bright Idea Poster: “I’m trying to be like Jesus; I’m following in his ways.” (June 2016 Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “There is no need to sail uncharted seas. A loving Heavenly Father has provided an unfailing guide—even obedience.” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
- Gospel Art Picture: “Jesus Praying in Gethsemane”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Noah Building Ark”
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Sermon on the Mount”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Three Men in the Fiery Furnace”
- Music: “Baptism” (Children’s Songbook, 100)
- Music: “Choose the Right Way” (Children’s Songbook, 160)
- Music: “Do As I’m Doing” (Children’s Songbook, 276)
- Music: “Keep the Commandments” (Children’s Songbook, 146)
- Music: “I Have Two Little Hands” (Children’s Songbook, 272)
- Music: “I Thank Thee, Dear Father” (Children’s Songbook, 7)
- Music: “I Want to Live the Gospel” (Children’s Songbook, 148)
- Music: “I Will Follow God’s Plan” (Children’s Songbook, 164)
- Music: “Nephi’s Courage” (Children’s Songbook, 120)
- Music: “Quickly I’ll Obey” (Children’s Songbook, 197)
- Music: “Stand for the Right” (Children’s Songbook, 159)
- Music: “The Lord Gave Me a Temple” (Children’s Songbook, 153)
- Music Video: “Build an Ark”
- Sheet Music: “I Will Always Obey” (March 1996 Friend)
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 34 Helaman and the 2,000 Young Warriors”
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Continue in Patience”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 51: Jesus Suffers in the Garden of Gethsemane”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 6: Noah”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 38: Jonah”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 42: Shadrach, Meschach, and Abednego”