- “Article of Faith 4” (April 2011 Friend)
An explanation of the first principles and ordinances of the gospel.
- “Baptism Day, Temple Day” (March 2008 Friend)
Soon after her baptism, Alison has the opportunity to be sealed to her parents in the temple.
- “Born Again through Baptism” (January 2005 Liahona and Friend)
President James E. Faust shares a story of a disabled man who found new life as he accepted baptism, the first ordinance of the gospel.
- “Bulletin Board” (September 2012 Friend)
Includes a definition of the word “ordinance.”
- “Covenants and Ordinances” (May 1995 Friend)
Elder Jorge A. Rojas of the Seventy explains about how in order to return to live with Heavenly Father we must make covenants and perform ordinances.
- “Jesus Is Baptized” (February 2011 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Jesus’s baptism.
- “Juliana’s First Temple Visit” (October 2012 Friend)
A 12-year old attends the temple to do baptisms for the dead for the first time. Includes tips on getting ready to go to the temple.
- “Questions and Answers about Baptism” (August 2008 Friend)
Answers to some common questions children have about baptism.
- “Renewing Our Covenants” (August 1999 Friend)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks teaches how we are cleansed through the ordinances of baptism and partaking of the sacrament.
- “Washed Clean” (April 1999 Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer shares a story of when he was in World War II and relates it to the importance of being clean and how we can be washed clean through the ordinances of baptism and the sacrament.
- “Why is the sacrament important?” (July 2010 Friend)
Elder L. Tom Perry explains that taking the sacrament is an ordinance and attendance at sacrament meeting each week is important to us.
- “Why is the temple important?” (September 2011 Friend)
Elder Robert D. Hales explains that temples are important because they provide the ordinances necessary for salvation.
- “Blessings of the Priesthood Are Available to All” (October 2012 Liahona and Friend)
An explanation of priesthood ordinances. Includes a fill-in-the-blank activity and a coloring page.
- Coloring Page: “Baptism and confirmation are ordinances that bless my family.” (May 2009 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I can prepare to be worthy to go to the temple.” (July 2011 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I follow Jesus Christ in faith when I make and keep my baptismal covenant.” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I will show my faith in Jesus Christ by being baptized and confirmed” (August 2008 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “The temple is a blessing for me and my family” (June 2008 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “We receive the ordinances of salvation through the priesthood.” (October 2012 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “When I am baptized, I make a covenant with God” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend)
- “Fill the Font” (May 2011 Friend)
Miguel is getting baptized today! Help him fill the font by answering these questions.
- “Sharing Time: Temples and Ordinances” (March 1993 Liahona and Friend)
Includes an activity to identify which ordinance is being shown in various pictures.
- “The First Principles and Ordinances of the Gospel Make it Possible for Me to Live with God Again” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend)
An explanation of the principles and ordinances in the fourth article of faith. Includes instructions to make a spring mobile with the four principles and ordinances.
- “The Temple Is a House of God” (July 2011 Liahona and Friend)
An explanation about sacred ordinances performed in the temple. Includes a simple activity about preparing to go to the temple.
- Image: A girl being baptized
- Image: Young men blessing the sacrament
- Music: “Baptism” (Children’s Songbook, 100)
- Music: “I Like My Birthdays” (Children’s Songbook, 104)
- Music: “I Love to See the Temple” (Children’s Songbook, 95)
- Music: “The Fourth Article of Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 124)
- Music: “The Holy Ghost” (Children’s Songbook, 105)
- Music: “The Sacrament” (Children’s Songbook, 72)
- Music: “When I Am Baptized” (Children’s Songbook, 103)
- Sheet Music: “I Come to the Water” (March 2000 Friend)
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 15: Alma Teaches and Baptizes”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 45: Jesus Christ Teaches about the Sacrament and Prayer”
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “ Practice, Celebration and Dedication: Temple Blessing in El Salvador”
A family in El Salvador prepares to enter the temple and be sealed as a family.
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 10: Jesus is Baptized”