- “A Voice of Warning” (August 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Tad picks up a magazine with bad images and tries to ignore the feelings of the Holy Ghost.
- “Choose the Right Media” (April 2012 Friend)
Guidelines on choosing appropriate entertainment. Includes stories from a couple of children.
- “Crash and Tell” (June 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A boy shuts down the computer when bad images pop up. Includes a list of internet safety tips.
- “Deadly Maka-fekes” (June 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson encourages us to resist temptation so that we are not ensnared by the traps of the adversary.
- “Dear Parents and Teachers” (February 2014 Friend)
Includes suggestions about how to help our children become resilient. Be sure to read about Media Safety at the bottom of the page.
- “Finding Help” (February 2014 Friend)
Tate can’t get his mind off something bad he saw on television. He finally feels hope again when he talks to his parents and asks for a blessing.
- “God’s Power Within You” (January 2002 Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley teaches about facing and overcoming temptations.
- “Jason’s Escape” (August 2009 Friend)
Jason pays attention to his alarming feelings and asks to play a different video game with his friend. Includes a list of media-smart tips.
- “My Battle with Pornography”
“I was just 10 years old the first time I encountered pornography.” A youth talks about his addiction to pornography and how he overcame it.
- “Oh no! Now What?” (February 2014 Friend)
Suggestions on what to do when you see something inappropriate.
- “Resist Evil Influences” (July 2007 Liahona and Friend)
When President Spencer W. Kimball (1895–1985) was a missionary, he learned to avoid pornography and immoral places.
- “The Bad Magazine” (February 2007 Friend)
A girl tells about when she was in second grade and some older boys on the bus tried to get her to look at a bad magazine.
- “The Best Coach” (October 2009 Friend)
Jacob chooses to stop looking at bad pictures his teammates are showing him.
- “The Decision” (March 2004 Friend)
John, David, and Keir find a pornographic magazine and give it to an adult instead of looking at it.
- “With so many bad things around, how can I keep good thoughts in my mind?” (November 2012 Friend)
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “A Shield of Faith” (August 2004 Friend)
We can make good choices throughout the day to put on the whole armor of God and receive spiritual protection.
- Music: “Choose the Right Way” (Children’s Songbook, 160)
- Sheet Music: “I’ll Say No” (October 1989 Friend)
- Video: ASL: “Choose the Right”
- Video: Old Testament Stories: “13. Joseph in Egypt”
- Video: “Reclaimed”