- “A Christmas Prayer Answered” (December 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Peggy’s family has no food for Christmas dinner, but her family’s prayers are answered when generous neighbors bring them a feast.
- “A Hug for Jennifer” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl prays for peace after fighting with her brother and sister.
- “A Patient Prayer” (June 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Elder José L. Alonso of the Seventy tells a story about how an illness taught him that Heavenly Father always answers prayers.
- “A Prayer For Lou Jean” (October 2005 Liahona and Friend)
A story from the life of President David O. McKay about when his daughter was sick and Church members prayed for her.
- “A Prayer to Heavenly Father” (February 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A story for young children about a boy who learns that we speak to Heavenly Father when we pray.
- “A Prayer for Safety” (February 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A girl prays for help when she swims too far from shore.
- “A Simple Prayer”(May 2011Friend)
A story for young children about a boy teaching his friend to bless the food.
- “Alpacas on the Loose!” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Romney remembers he can ask Heavenly Father for help on an alpaca farm.
- “Answered Prayers” (July 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Gerald N. Lund of the Seventy shares how praying as a child helped him recognize an answer to prayer when he was deciding to serve a mission.
- “Because He Lives” (March 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Watoy’s teacher becomes curious when Watoy doesn’t cross himself before praying.
- “Comforting Lucy” (September 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Lucy is sad after her grandma dies and prays for comfort.
- “David’s Prayer” (August 2004 Liahona and Friend)
When he was a young boy, President David O. McKay (1873–1970) prayed to overcome his fear of the dark.
- “Does Someone Hear Me?” (March 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Lucas is asked to give a talk in Primary about prayer but isn’t sure if he has a testimony of it.
- “Elevator Prayers”(August 2012Friend)
Harrison says a prayer when he is left by himself on an elevator. We can pray anywhere.
- “Enos Repents”(April 2012Friend)
An illustrated retelling of the scripture story.
- “Heavenly Father Hears and Answers My Prayers” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Alma and his missionary companions pray to know how to teach the Zoramites about Jesus Christ. Includes an activity.
- “He Gives the Best Answers” (July 2013 Friend)
Elder Bennett of the Seventy tells a story about when he prayed to find his missing turtle and didn’t get the answer he expected.
- “He Is Listening” (June 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A story for young children about a boy who learns about the nature of God and prayer. Includes an activity about how to prepare to pray.
- “He Is There” (January 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Sister Rosemary M. Wixom, the Primary General President, talks about a time her son was very sick. Although she was scared, she prayed and felt peace. Heavenly Father hears all prayers.
- “He Will Help You”(January 2013Friend)
Ian S. Arden of the Seventy tells the story of praying for help to learn to ride his new bicycle.
- “Hoping for a Hit” (September 2013 Friend)
Joseph’s prayer to hit the ball in baseball gets answered in an unexpected way.
- “How to Pray” (August 2013 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf teaches us how to pray.
- “K.C.’s Lost CTR Ring” (August 2013 Friend)
K.C. loses his CTR ring and prays to find it. For young readers.
- “Keep Praying”(February 2004Friend)
Desiree prays for her parents’ safety while they are traveling home.
- “Lead Me, Guide Me” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A brother and sister pray that the Lord will help them find their way home in a foreign country.
- “Lifted by Prayer” (March 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Jared prayed for help so he could get on the plane to compete with his gymnastics team for the Brazilian National Gymnastics Championship.
- “Looking Towards the Temple”(April 2013Friend)
A young boy uses the temple to navigate home when he gets lost.
- “Monsters in the Closet” (October 2013 Friend)
Abby prays to not be afraid of their coat closet, which she thinks is full of monsters.
- “Night Fright”(May 2012Friend)
A boy prays to feel peace when he wakes up in the night and is afraid.
- “Only a Prayer Away”(March 2007Friend)
Hyrum says a prayer when he gets separated from his mom at the airport.
- “Our Answer” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A girl remembers praying with the missionaries in Peru to know if she and her family should be baptized.
- “Our Page” (February 2010 Liahona)
This page includes the testimony of a girl from Taiwan who prayed to feel peace when she was afraid of being left at school.
- “Our Page” (April 2010 Liahona)
This page includes the testimony of a girl from Switzerland who prayed to better understand the gospel.
- “Our Page” (August 2010 Liahona)
This page includes the testimony of a boy from Germany who prayed to help his family find their car key.
- “Paul’s Surgery”(November 2012Friend)
A young boy is comforted by praying when he needs to have his ears operated on.
- “Pirates!”(September 2008Friend)
A historical story about Ellen, who learns that there is no such thing as too many prayers when pirates spot their ship sailing from England.
- “Pray and Plan”(April 2013Friend)
Elder Carl B. Cook of the Seventy talks about how a prayer helped him find a missing nickel.
- “Prayer and Work”(November 2007Friend)
Elder Neil L. Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares how Heavenly Father helped him find his favorite rabbit.
- “Prayer Is Important”(April 2004Friend)
Elder William R. Walker talks about praying for his sick baby brother. No matter how young we are, prayer is important.
- “Prayers, Notes, and Natural Disasters” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Two girls in different parts of the world prayed to get through natural disasters.
- “Praying for the Fawn” (July 2013 Friend)
Tyler prays to help a baby deer and its mother.
- “Remembering to Pray”(January 2012Friend)
Jesse asks Heavenly Father to help him remember his daily prayers.
- “Seeking Him in Prayer”(February 2006Friend)
Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles learned the power of prayer as a young boy.
- “So Much to Talk About” (August 2013 Friend)
Jessie learns to talk to Heavenly Father in her prayers.
- “Special Words”(August 2012Friend)
Whitney learns why we use special words when we pray.
- “Stones, Arrows, and Snowballs” (January 2012 Liahona and Friend)
David prays to be protected from a snowball attack, and walks calmly through without getting hit.
- “Stuck in the Mud” (July 2012 Friend)
Karen convinces her family to pray when their car gets stuck in the mud.
- “The $5 Miracle” (January 2013 Friend)
A young President Monson prays fervently after accidentally leaving money in jeans that are laundered. Includes a crossword about prayer.
- “Thomas’s Prayer For Peace” (November 1998 Friend)
Four-year-old Thomas prays for comfort after his family accidently leaves him alone at the house when they leave for church.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus” (March 2009 Friend)
Features a girl from Italy who prayed that her dad, who was not a member, would understand how much the gospel meant to her. She and her dad later read stories together from the Church magazines.
- “What Scared the Barnyard Roosters” (March 2012 Friend)
When mean birds surround Bobby, a prayer helps him figure out how to escape.
- “Where’s Tessa?” (February 2012 Friend)
When her dog goes missing, Payton learns that sometimes our prayers aren’t answered immediately.
- “Why is it important for me to pray?” (June 2007 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring of the Quroum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on the subject.
- “Will Heavenly Father always answer my prayers?” (February 2010 Friend)
Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on the subject.
- Image Collection: Prayer
- Music: “A Child’s Prayer”(Children’s Songbook, 12)
- Music: “A Prayer” (Children’s Songbook, 22)
- Music: “A Prayer Song” (Children’s Songbook, 22)
- Music: “A Song of Thanks” (Children’s Songbook, 20)
- Music: “Heavenly Father, Now I Pray” (Children’s Songbook, 19)
- Music: “I Pray in Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 14)
- Music: “I Thank Thee, Dear Father”(Children’s Songbook, 7)
- Music: “Thanks to Thee” (Children’s Songbook, 6)
- Music: “We Bow Our Heads”(Children’s Songbook, 25)
- Sheet Music (simplified): “A Child’s Prayer” (August 2013 Friend)
- Verse: “A Boy Seeking Answers” (April 2010 Friend)
We can pray to gain a testimony just as Joseph Smith did.
- Verse: “Feelings” (March 2013 Friend)
God and Jesus Christ care about your troubles.
- Verse: “I Know that Jesus Loves Me” (December 2012 Friend)
We feel the Savior’s love through nature and prayer.
- Verse: “My Little Prayer” (October 2011 Friend)
A poem about how to pray.
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 11: Enos”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 45: Jesus Christ Teaches about the Sacrament and Prayer”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 46: Jesus Christ Teaches and Prays with the Nephites”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 2: Joseph Smith’s First Vision (1820)”
- Video: Gospel Topics, “President Monson Talks about Prayer”
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Prayer”
President Thomas S. Monson shares the story of how a woman’s prayers were answered.
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “Origin”
A young woman learns that the way to find truth is to go to the origin, our Heavenly Father, and ask for inspiration through prayer.
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 1: Elisabeth and Zacharias”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 20: Jesus Teaches about Prayer”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 45: Esther”
- Video: One in a Million, “Sandra”
Learn about Sandra from Ghana and how her prayer was answered.