- “A Christmas Prayer Answered” (December 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Peggy’s family has no food for Christmas dinner, but her family’s prayers are answered when generous neighbors bring them a feast.
- “A Helping Angel” (December 2013 Friend)
Molly learns to forget herself and help others.
- “A Hug for Jennifer” (August 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl prays for peace after fighting with her brother and sister.
- “A Patient Prayer” (June 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Elder José L. Alonso of the Seventy tells a story about how an illness taught him that Heavenly Father always answers prayers.
- “A Prayer For Lou Jean” (October 2005 Liahona and Friend)
A story from the life of President David O. McKay about when his daughter was sick and Church members prayed for her.
- “A Prayer in the Attic” (February 2015 Friend)
A family miraculously remains hidden during a soldier inspection.
- “A Prayer to Heavenly Father” (February 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A story for young children about a boy who learns that we speak to Heavenly Father when we pray.
- “A Prayer for Safety” (February 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A girl prays for help when she swims too far from shore.
- “A Simple Prayer”(May 2011 Friend)
A story for young children about a boy teaching his friend to bless the food.
- “Alexis Says a Prayer” (March 2011 Friend)
Alexis learned to say a prayer in primary class.
- “Alpacas on the Loose!” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Romney remembers he can ask Heavenly Father for help on an alpaca farm.
- “Answered Prayers” (July 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Gerald N. Lund of the Seventy shares how praying as a child helped him recognize an answer to prayer when he was deciding to serve a mission.
- “Because He Lives” (March 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Watoy’s teacher becomes curious when Watoy doesn’t cross himself before praying.
- “Comforting Lucy” (September 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Lucy is sad after her grandma dies and prays for comfort.
- “Connor to the Rescue!” (January 2015 Friend)
Connor decides to give his toy money to humanitarian aid.
- “David’s Prayer” (August 2004 Liahona and Friend)
When he was a young boy, President David O. McKay (1873–1970) prayed to overcome his fear of the dark.
- “Does Someone Hear Me?” (March 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Lucas and his father gain a testimony of prayer.
- “Elevator Prayers” (August 2012 Friend)
Harrison says a prayer when he is left by himself on an elevator. We can pray anywhere.
- “Enos Repents” (April 2012 Friend)
An illustrated retelling of the scripture story.
- “Heavenly Father Hears and Answers My Prayers” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Alma and his missionary companions pray to know how to teach the Zoramites about Jesus Christ. Includes an activity.
- “He Gives the Best Answers” (July 2013 Friend)
Elder Bennett of the Seventy tells a story about when he prayed to find his missing turtle and didn’t get the answer he expected.
- “He Is Listening” (June 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A story for young children about a boy who learns about the nature of God and prayer. Includes an activity about how to prepare to pray.
- “He Is There” (January 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Sister Rosemary M. Wixom, the Primary General President, talks about a time her son was very sick. Although she was scared, she prayed and felt peace. Heavenly Father hears all prayers.
- “Helping a New Friend” (February 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Quinnley describes how she reaches out to befriend a classmate.
- “He Will Help You” (January 2013 Friend)
Ian S. Arden of the Seventy tells the story of praying for help to learn to ride his new bicycle.
- “Hoping for a Hit” (September 2013 Friend)
Joseph’s prayer to hit the ball in baseball gets answered in an unexpected way.
- “How to Pray” (August 2013 Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf teaches us how to pray.
- “K.C.’s Lost CTR Ring” (August 2013 Friend)
K.C. loses his CTR ring and prays to find it. For young readers.
- “Keep Praying” (February 2004 Friend)
Desiree prays for her parents’ safety while they are traveling home.
- “Lead Me, Guide Me” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A brother and sister pray that the Lord will help them find their way home in a foreign country.
- “Lifted by Prayer” (March 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Jared prayed for help so he could get on the plane to compete with his gymnastics team for the Brazilian National Gymnastics Championship.
- “Looking Towards the Temple” (April 2013 Friend)
A young boy uses the temple to navigate home when he gets lost.
- “Mommy’s Flower Garden” (January 2015 Friend)
Joshua helps his mother feel better by coloring a garden for her.
- “Monsters in the Closet” (October 2013 Friend)
Abby prays to not be afraid of their coat closet, which she thinks is full of monsters.
- “Night Fright” (May 2012 Friend)
A boy prays to feel peace when he wakes up in the night and is afraid.
- “Only a Prayer Away” (March 2007 Friend)
Hyrum says a prayer when he gets separated from his mom at the airport.
- “Our Answer” (August 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A girl remembers praying with the missionaries in Peru to know if she and her family should be baptized.
- “Our Page” (February 2010 Liahona)
This page includes the testimony of a girl from Taiwan who prayed to feel peace when she was afraid of being left at school.
- “Our Page” (April 2010 Liahona)
This page includes the testimony of a girl from Switzerland who prayed to better understand the gospel.
- “Our Page” (August 2010 Liahona)
This page includes the testimony of a boy from Germany who prayed to help his family find their car key.
- “Paul’s Surgery” (November 2012 Friend)
A young boy is comforted by praying when he needs to have his ears operated on.
- “Pirates!” (September 2008 Friend)
A historical story about Ellen, who learns that there is no such thing as too many prayers when pirates spot their ship sailing from England.
- “Pray and Plan” (April 2013 Friend)
Elder Carl B. Cook of the Seventy talks about how a prayer helped him find a missing nickel.
- “Prayer and Work” (November 2007 Friend)
Elder Neil L. Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares how Heavenly Father helped him find his favorite rabbit.
- “Prayer Is Important” (April 2004 Friend)
Elder William R. Walker talks about praying for his sick baby brother. No matter how young we are, prayer is important.
- “Prayer on the Bus” (January 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Sofia prays for a baby who is crying on the bus.
- “Prayers, Notes, and Natural Disasters” (August 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Two girls in different parts of the world prayed to get through natural disasters.
- “Praying for the Fawn” (July 2013 Friend)
Tyler prays to help a baby deer and its mother.
- “Remembering to Pray” (January 2012 Friend)
Jesse asks Heavenly Father to help him remember his daily prayers.
- “Seeking Him in Prayer” (February 2006 Friend)
Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles learned the power of prayer as a young boy.
- “So Much to Talk About” (August 2013 Friend)
Jessie learns to talk to Heavenly Father in her prayers.
- “Special Words” (August 2012 Friend)
Whitney learns why we use special words when we pray.
- “Stones, Arrows, and Snowballs” (January 2012 Liahona and Friend)
David prays to be protected from a snowball attack, and walks calmly through without getting hit.
- “Stuck in the Mud” (July 2012 Friend)
Karen convinces her family to pray when their car gets stuck in the mud.
- “The $5 Miracle” (January 2013 Friend)
A young President Monson prays fervently after accidentally leaving money in jeans that are laundered. Includes a crossword about prayer.
- “The Piano Recital” (January 2015 Friend)
Nathan prays for help overcoming his nerves at a piano recital.
- “There’s Always Time to Pray” (February 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Fynn prays to be able to find friends at school.
- “The Soup-Can Phones” (February 2015 Friend)
Elizabeth learns she can talk to Heavenly Father like a friend.
- “Thomas’s Prayer For Peace” (November 1998 Friend)
Four-year-old Thomas prays for comfort after his family accidently leaves him alone at the house when they leave for church.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus” (March 2009 Friend)
Features a girl from Italy who prayed that her dad, who was not a member, would understand how much the gospel meant to her. She and her dad later read stories together from the Church magazines.
- “What Scared the Barnyard Roosters” (March 2012 Friend)
When mean birds surround Bobby, a prayer helps him figure out how to escape.
- “Where’s Tessa?” (February 2012 Friend)
When her dog goes missing, Payton learns that sometimes our prayers aren’t answered immediately.
- “Why is it important for me to pray?” (June 2007 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring of the Quroum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on the subject.
- “Will Heavenly Father always answer my prayers?” (February 2010 Friend)
Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on the subject.
- Coloring Page: “I can pray to Heavenly Father.” (October 2011 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I Can Pray to Heavenly Father, and He Will Hear and Answer My Prayers” (September 2008 Liahona and Friend)
- Coloring Page: “I should respect and worship God” (September 2012 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Prayer” (January 2005 Liahona and Friend)
- “Family Fun Time: Prayer” (February 2015 Friend)
Ideas for a family home evening about prayer.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Prayer
Turn off the lights and retell “The Light” (January 2005 Liahona and Friend), a dramatic story about how the Lord saved a boy’s drowning father. Tell the story in your own words, turning on a flashlight at the appropriate time. Discuss how prayer can bring more light into our lives. Then read “Prayer” and do the coloring activity (January 2005 Liahona and Friend).
- Family Home Evening Idea: Praying like Enos
As a family, read Enos 1:1–8and “The Enos Experiment” (September 2006 Friend). Discuss how to have “mightier” prayer. Encourage family members to devote a day to prayer by always having a prayer in their hearts (seeAlma 34:27), or perhaps visit somewhere special—like the mountains, the forest, or the beach—to give each person time for personal prayer.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Unanswered Prayers
Have you ever prayed for something you didn’t receive? Read about Ben’s experiences with prayer in “No Answer” (June 2005Friend). What does Ben learn that can help you in your prayers? Discuss times your prayers were answered—including times you are grateful Heavenly Father did not give you what you had hoped for.
- “Heavenly Father, Are You Really There?” (September 2008 Friend)
Color and cut out prayer reminders.
- “I Choose the Right by Living Gospel Principles” (July 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Includes instructions for decorating a rock to put near your bed to remind yourself to pray.
- “Prayer” (September 1998 Liahona and Friend)
Scriptural examples of prayer as well as a color-by-number sheet.
- “Prayer is Reverent Communication Between God and Me” (October 2011 Friend)
Create a matching game showing different situations where children are praying. Includes discussion point suggestions.
- “Prayer Puzzle” (January 2013 Friend)
A crossword based on Alma 37:36-37.
- “We Do Not Doubt” (March 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A dot-to-dot showing a mother teaching a future stripling warrior to pray.
- Image Collection: Prayer
- Music: “A Child’s Prayer”(Children’s Songbook, 12)
- Music: “A Prayer” (Children’s Songbook, 22)
- Music: “A Prayer Song” (Children’s Songbook, 22)
- Music: “A Song of Thanks” (Children’s Songbook, 20)
- Music: “Family Prayer” (Children’s Songbook, 189)
- Music: “Heavenly Father, Now I Pray” (Children’s Songbook, 19)
- Music: “I Pray in Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 14)
- Music: “I Thank Thee, Dear Father”(Children’s Songbook, 7)
- Music: “Seek the Lord Early” (Children’s Songbook, 108)
- Music: “Thanks to Thee” (Children’s Songbook, 6)
- Music: “We Bow Our Heads”(Children’s Songbook, 25)
- Sheet Music (simplified): “A Child’s Prayer” (August 2013 Friend)
- Verse: “A Boy Seeking Answers” (April 2010 Friend)
We can pray to gain a testimony just as Joseph Smith did.
- Verse: “Feelings” (March 2013 Friend)
God and Jesus Christ care about your troubles.
- Verse: “I Know that Jesus Loves Me” (December 2012 Friend)
We feel the Savior’s love through nature and prayer.
- Verse: “My Little Prayer” (October 2011 Friend)
A poem about how to pray.
- Video: Bible Video, “Sermon on the Mount: The Lord's Prayer”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 11: Enos”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 45: Jesus Christ Teaches about the Sacrament and Prayer”
- Video: Book of Mormon Stories, “Chapter 46: Jesus Christ Teaches and Prays with the Nephites”
- Video: Doctrine and Covenants Stories, “Chapter 2: Joseph Smith’s First Vision (1820)”
- Video: For Little Friends, “He Is Listening”
- Video: Gospel Topics, “President Monson Talks about Prayer”
- Video: “Including Me”
A little girl prays that her family will be sealed in the temple.
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Prayer”
President Thomas S. Monson shares the story of how a woman’s prayers were answered.
- Video: Mormon Messages for Youth, “Origin”
A young woman learns that the way to find truth is to go to the origin, our Heavenly Father, and ask for inspiration through prayer.
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 1: Elisabeth and Zacharias”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 20: Jesus Teaches about Prayer”
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 45: Esther”
- Video: One in a Million, “Sandra”
Learn about Sandra from Ghana and how her prayer was answered.
- Video: “Sermon on the Mount: The Lord’s Prayer”