- “Bind on Thy Sandals” (October 1987 Friend)
President Howard W. Hunter (1907–1995) shares a story about a football player who was not prepared when called into a game and had to play without shoes.
- “Don’t Delay” (June 2004 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring discusses the importance of preparing every day to do the right thing.
- “Emergency Evacuation!” (March 2016 Friend)
Kyla, age 10, shares how her family was prepared after they practiced for an emergency as part of family home evening.
- “Faithful Friends” (November 2016 Friend)
Lindee G. and Ila P., both age 11, explain how they support each other in learning and sharing the gospel.
- “How can I prepare to serve a mission?” (November 2010 Friend)
Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some of his thoughts on this subject.
- “It’s Your Turn” (February 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Bishop Gary E. Stevenson, presiding bishop, relates preparation for the Olympics with preparation for life.
- “Moving On from Primary” (October 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Information for older children on what to expect as they leave Primary and move on to Young Men and Young Women.
- “One Scoop at a Time” (July 2013 Friend)
Lisa’s dad teaches about the parable of the ten virgins by scooping popcorn into a jar.
- “Preparing for a Mission” (October 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Ulisses Soares of the Seventy tells how he began preparing for a mission as a young boy.
- “Saturday Sleep and Sunday Smiles” (March 2015 Friend)
Mara learns that when she goes to bed earlier Saturday night, it’s easier to have a better attitude at Church on Sunday.
- “The Ten Virgins” (January 2003 Liahona and Friend)
An illustrated retelling of the parable of the ten virgins.
- “Was I Ready?” (June 2016 Friend)
Collin M., age 12, shares how he wasn’t sure if he was ready to receive the Aaronic Priesthood until he read a scripture that helped him.
- “Welcoming a New Season of Life” (October 2012 Liahona and Friend)
A group of boys who are close to 12 years old talk about the importance of preparing for the priesthood.
- “Worthy of the Temple” (September 2002 Friend)
Children learn about the process to enter the temple and the importance of being prepared and how the bishop can help. Includes an activity to make a craft of a bishop opening a door.