- “A Lesson in Respect” (October 2012 Friend)
As a deacon, President Thomas S. Monson learned to respect another young man who took his priesthood responsibility seriously.
- “Don Antonio’s Sombrero” (February 1998 Friend)
Don Antonio is told if he would think more of others than himself he would gain the respect of the people.
- “Help Stamp Out Bad Language” (September 2012 Friend)
Learn about how using appropriate language shows respect and then take a pledge to not use bad language.
- “No Matter Our Differences” (October 2010 Friend)
Elder Gregory A. Schwitzer that we should have respect and love those of other religions.
- “Question Corner” (August 2012 Friend)
Examples of respectful ways to handle situations when friends are doing things that I know aren’t right.
- “Respect!” (May 2000 Friend)
David learns about respect and then helps his sister learn her lines for a play.
- “Show You Know” (June 2003 Friend)
Several short stories illustrating children making good choices and respecting others.
- “We Bear Witness of Him” (February 2003 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) explains how we can testify of the Restoration while respecting others’ faith.
- “Are You a Good Communicator?” (March 2010 Friend)
Quiz to determine how well you show respect by the way you communicate.
- “Choose the Right Words” (January 2010 Friend)
Choosing the right words can help you show respect. Take this quiz to see if you use words that uplift.
- Coloring Page: “I should respect and worship God.” (September 2012 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “Living the Word of Wisdom shows respect for my body.” (August 2011 Liahona and Friend)
- “Sharing Time: My Home and Neighborhood” (September 1992 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a game that shows good and bad neighborhood activities as you land on the spaces.
- “Showing Respect” (July 2012 Friend)
This activity allows children to mark the picture where children are showing respect.
- “The Ten Commandments Teach Me to Love God and His Children” (September 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Activity to categorize good things family members have done.
- “What Kind of Friend are You?” (May 2009 Friend)
Quiz to determine what kind of friend you are.
- Music: “I’ll Walk with You” (Children’s Songbook, 140)
- Music: “Jesus Said Love Everyone” (Children’s Songbook, 61)
- Music: “Kindness Begins with Me” (Children’s Songbook, 145)
- Music: “Love One Another” (Children’s Songbook, 136)
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Love One Another”