- “Angelo’s Decision” (February 2008 Friend)
A boy decides not to participate in a karate tournament on Sunday.
- “Ben’s Week” (January 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Ben visits his grandfather for a week and tells his grandfather he would rather not go shopping on Sunday.
- “The Best Part of the Week” (February 2017 Friend)
Jenny decides to go to church every week even when her family doesn’t go.
- “Better than Hopscotch” (May 2016 Friend)
Emma tells her new friends about the Church when she explains that she’ll be going to church instead of playing with them on Sunday.
- “The Blessing Quest” (February 2015 Friend)
Nathan wants to skip church and play outside instead!
- “Cannon’s Commitment” (March 2007 Friend)
A boy makes the decision not to play in a championship baseball game when it is held on Sunday.
- “The Choice” (July 1994 Friend)
Two sisters have to decide whether to go to a friend’s birthday party on a Sunday.
- “A Day to Decide” (November 2010 Friend)
Meghan decides not to go to an amusement park with her friend on Sunday.
- “A Day to Play?” (May 2013 Friend)
Elder Larry Y. Wilson of the Seventy talks about keeping the Sabbath day holy.
- “Doing Good on the Sabbath Day” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
A list of ideas to keep the Sabbath day holy.
- “Drive-Through Decision” (May 2012 Friend)
Jacob remembers a lesson on keeping the Sabbath day holy when his mom wants to buy fast food on Sunday.
- “Honors” (September 2011 Friend)
Ethan tells his coach he cannot pitch for the honors baseball team because they have games on Sunday.
- “How do I know if something is appropriate to do on Sunday?” (August 2015 Friend)
Children answer the question.
- “For Little Friends: Doing Good on the Sabbath Day” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
A list of things children can do on the Sabbath day.
- “A Letter to Grandma” (October 2005 Friend)
Aaron decides that writing his grandmother is a good activity for the Sabbath.
- “Marco’s Decision” (March 1992 Liahona and May 1991 Friend)
A boy tells his coach he won’t play in the championship soccer game because it is on a Sunday.
- “Matt and Mandy” (March 2017 Friend)
Matt’s friend asks him why he goes to church so much.
- “Matt & Mandy” (August 2015 Friend)
Mandy is asked to go to an amusement park on a Sunday for a birthday party.
- “Peace in Obedience” (April 1997 Liahona and April 1994 Friend)
Elder Rex D. Pinegar tells a story of his grandson who gave up a trip in order to keep the Sabbath day holy.
- “Primary with the Prophet” (November 2017 Friend)
Sam and Martha are too sick to go to church. How will they have Primary?
- “Rowdy to Reverent” (July 2015 Friend)
Larry learns he can set a good example for his friend at church.
- “Thank You!” (August 2016 Friend)
Think of who you could say “thank you” to this week.
- “Sabbath-Day Activities” (August 2017 Friend)
Find five similar things in these four pictures of people doing good things on the Sabbath day.
- “Sammy’s Sabbath Dilemma” (April 2006 Friend)
A boy suggests a more appropriate Sabbath activity when his cousin’s suggestions don’t sound like good things to do on Sunday.
- “Saturday Sleep and Sunday Smiles” (March 2015 Friend)
Mara learns that when she goes to bed earlier Saturday night, it’s easier to have a better attitude at Church on Sunday.
- “Service and the Sabbath” (November 2004 Friend)
Elder William W. Parmley of the Seventy decided not to study on Sundays in college, and he graduated with the highest honors.
- “Sunday Stories” (December 2016 Friend)
Three children share ways they have kept the Sabbath day holy.
- “A Truckload of Saints” (September 2007 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Benjamin De Hoyos of the Seventy shares how his family shared their car with 20 other people to go to church every week. He encourages us to attend our meetings, no matter how we get there.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus” (September 2011 Friend) Features four young girls who chose to miss their Sunday ballet recital. Instead, they invited family and friends to the dress rehearsal on Saturday.
- “What I Learned from Alex” (October 2016 Friend)
Jack, age 12, shares how a friend was a good example for him to keep the Sabbath day holy.
- “A Winning Decision” (October 2015 Friend and Liahona)
Miranda decides to go to church instead of playing soccer on Sunday.